Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2019, 05:22 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,112,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Has it been in any article that she had a gun? I've seen this repeated a couple of times in the thread but don't remember reading it.
It doesn't matter if she had a gun in her hand or elsewhere inside the house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2019, 05:24 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,497,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Aided by a corrupt media. I live in that area, and read about this last night. The headline read: "white officer shoots black resident inside her home." It's since been changed, but the fact that they changed it shows it was meant to cause discord, and when discovered, it was corrected.
Does the media have headlines that read "black man in Brooklyn beats old Jewish man unconscious" or "black man rapes white girl"? No, but they sure are quick to point out the races when the perpetrator is white and the victim black. It's a liberal agenda to assign racism to all acts, and accuse everyone of being a racism, in order to drive anger among blacks and get them to vote in large numbers. It's the only way a liberal Democrat can win the election.

Old 10-13-2019, 05:25 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
It doesn't matter if she had a gun in her hand or elsewhere inside the house.
Did I imply that it did?

My point is - let's stop repeating falsehoods if that isn't true.

Old 10-13-2019, 05:28 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,455,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
People always forget that the forum is Politics and Other Controversies.

The way people are being *policed* these days is quite controversial. Would you agree?
I would agree that policing is controversial.

Also, Texas judges are politicians. Texas elects judges. That is rather controversial as well. If this goes to trial, that's a relevant angle to consider as well.

Old 10-13-2019, 05:32 PM

18,560 posts, read 7,362,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
I would agree that policing is controversial.

Also, Texas judges are politicians. Texas elects judges. That is rather controversial as well.
Getting appointed is at least as much of a political endeavor as getting elected.

Old 10-13-2019, 05:44 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,455,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Getting appointed is at least as much of a political endeavor as getting elected.
Yes, that is a fair statement. Supreme Court judicial appointments were a relevant topic to the 2016 presidential election.

Judges, elected or appointed, have the potential for bias. If this case goes to trial, the judge will be someone who was elected because of their political affiliation of having either a D or R next to their name. The average voter doesn't research a judicial election. I would prefer appointed judges because when a President or Governor appoints judges, voters actually pay attention to that top ballot election.

The only elections that the typical voter pays attention to are U.S. President, their state's Governor, U.S. Senate, and maybe a U.S. House race. Almost no one knows their state level reps (down ballot) or these elected judges.

Old 10-13-2019, 06:03 PM

28,661 posts, read 18,764,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Not the best example. This woman might be still alive had she not had a gun.

It doesn't appear that the presence of a gun in the house had anything to do with the shooting.

The cop shouted "Raise your hands, show me your hands, show me your hands" in less than a second and then immediately fired. There was only one second from the first word out of his mouth to the gunshot.

Apparently he couldn't see if she had anything in her hands.

Old 10-13-2019, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Right......and putting aside the fact he didn't identify himself as a cop, he didn't give her time to raise her hands even if she had immediately registered what he was telling her. The report I watched said there were three seconds between him telling her to put her hands up and shooting.

There was only one second. The body cam video is available on YouTube.

It was only one second from his first word to the gunshot.

Old 10-13-2019, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
The cop should have knocked at the front door. Why is he sneaking around the house in the dark? More lives ruined even if he goes to prison.

Considering that two units responded, one could certainly have knocked on the door while the other investigated the yard.

Old 10-13-2019, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
None of my business, but why was she playing video games with her eight year old nephew at 2 a.m.?

Because she's the aunt, not the mother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies