Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2019, 07:34 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
I love to watch righties dance on the head of a pin. She had a gun in her home, so it’s ok the cop shot her?
I think I'm a righty??? I certainly don't think her gun was an issue and a copout to even bring it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2019, 07:37 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,845,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
So why was his finger on the trigger?
Trigger happy? Too many cops and some civilians are way too trigger happy. JMO

Old 10-15-2019, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
We already have the full story along with a video.

The cop messed up.

If a person is that scared, they should not be a cop, muchless be carrying a firearm.
He needs to be locked away from society. Domestic terrorist.

Old 10-15-2019, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Trigger happy? Too many cops and some civilians are way too trigger happy. JMO
That badge is a license to violate civil rights. Or so they think.
ALWAYS VIDEO THE POLICE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebU3kPsY_sY

Old 10-15-2019, 07:44 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiestate View Post
About halfway through the article, the FWPD admits the gun had absolutely nothing to do with what happened, and they never should have released that photo. Another strawman down. I think the apologists are down to arguing that if you have your door open at 2:30 am, you should expect to be shot by the police. Oh, and she was a bad aunt for letting her nephew stay up so late.

Well stated.
This sums it up, quite accurately and woefully.

Old 10-15-2019, 07:47 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
She should have complied.

Necessary emoji apparently:
What if she couldn't hear him? Many people are hard of hearing or wear headphones or earbuds when playing video games. Of course we'll never know.

638 posts, read 240,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Glad to see the murder charges.

DA qpuls not have arrested the officer so quickly if there wasn't overwhelming evidence against him.

Wonder how the unwavering pro-cop crowd is handling/spinning this, or are even they conceding on this one?
I don't think anyone has a problem with him losing his job, obviously wasn't fit to be an officer in the hell hole area he was working in.. the problem is, the outrage at this person for was very likely an error caused by a variety of reasons, none which are criminal..

A certain segment of the left has been saying that we have too many blacks locked up for too long, but now those same people are saying this cop should be locked up for life??? The real societal issue here is the lack of respect for the police and for human life, these cops are on edge in ALL situations in some of the crappy neighborhoods.. what happened here is a symptom of a MUCH bigger problem and its a shame this guy is going to suffer because of it. Violence is considered cool in these areas, up until the point that a cop screws up and the outrage is out of control. If this lady was killed by a street thug, nobody outside of FW ever hears about it, its just no big deal in these areas..

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
The progressives demand they want a police state but then go nuts when things like this happen. The definition of stupidity is thinking that liberal policies won't lead to fascism.
That's the most ignorant paragraph I've read on this forum today, and that's saying something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
It just strengthens the pro 2nd amendment argument against antis who argue only police should have firearms.
I'm as "anti" as they come, and I've never made such an argument, nor have I heard anyone else making such an argument. Try not to be so reactionary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
What would you think if you were sitting at home, minding your own business when suddenly, you see someone outside shining a light in your windows?
I'd call the cops ... oh, wait ...

Old 10-15-2019, 07:48 AM

5,981 posts, read 2,235,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If a person is that scared, they should not be a cop, muchless be carrying a firearm.
He needs to be locked away from society. Domestic terrorist.
More than this guy's fault, why was a Rookie cop on a Swat like team with no experience? And why were they crawling on the ground outside.

This could have gotten even worse, we are talking about Texas here. Not announcing yourself as police and sneaking around outside could have lead to a officer being shot by a home owner as well. I'm sorry but if I see someone in black in my bushes circling the house, I am not waiting to find out what they are up too. Stand your ground is literally for this type of issue minus the police bit of course.

Old 10-15-2019, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Haven't heard one police officer comment that suggests this was an 'honest' mistake.

Everyone seems to be agreement that the officer was WAY out of line.

With all due respect to your elaborate excuses for why it was okay, I'm going with his boss who was going to fire him for his actions a.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFkqw1a3ONM

It is the us v. them attitude, the blue line gang brings to the table, when that badge is given.
Even the so called "good cops" cover up for the bad cops... One big gang.
Ask the next cop you see, if they have ever testified against another cop, for civil rights violations???
Ask them if they have ever been the subject of internal affairs.
Blue Lying Matters.

People that call the police, put their own lives in danger by doing so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies