Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2019, 08:28 AM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
The child in the house told the family's attorney that he could hear shouting but couldn't make out what was being said. Probably the same for her, but not sure we will ever know that. In any case, he didn't identify himself as police whether she could have heard him or not.

That's what's so stupid, he should have shouted his presence at the front door or front yard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2019, 08:30 AM

638 posts, read 240,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
If you aim your gun at someone, shoot and kill them for no reason, yes. You should be locked away.

Just stop. Continually trying to defend this thug just makes you look really bad.
He made a workplace mistake, I do that and nobody even notices, he does that and he goes to prison for life???? Is there a wonder why we have so many unqualified people on the police force??? Who in their right mind would want to be a cop in todays society when they are under so much scrutiny when doing a thankless and dangerous job for little pay.. glad we have no many keyboard jockeys that would be too much of a coward to do this job being experts on what happened.

Old 10-15-2019, 08:42 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon998877 View Post
He made a workplace mistake, I do that and nobody even notices, he does that and he goes to prison for life???? Is there a wonder why we have so many unqualified people on the police force??? Who in their right mind would want to be a cop in todays society when they are under so much scrutiny when doing a thankless and dangerous job for little pay.. glad we have no many keyboard jockeys that would be too much of a coward to do this job being experts on what happened.
Jon, I agree with you that there's no way I'd want to be a cop, where a mistake I made would kill someone. Just like I also wouldn't want to be a brain surgeon. No thanks.

I think this case comes as a perfect storm. It's a white cop, black innocent victim, coming on the heels of Amber Guyger in the same metropolis.

And the victims were completely and absolutely innocent. That adds.

I do believe it wasn't his intent to shoot - it was his intent to make her show her hands and go from there, and then he had a reflexive muscle clench and now she's dead.

And I'm curious who made the decision to approach a welfare check as you would a violent crime in process scene, even an active shooter scene, which is basically what they did.

Old 10-15-2019, 08:42 AM

Its also been reported that the two officers that showed up 6 minutes later also had their guns drawn, which where I come from doesn't happen on a wellness check... perhaps the problem is the training the FW officers are getting...

Plus her gun was found near the window, in my house I don't leave a gun laying on the floor.. It's not possible she was holding the gun when he fired??? If true, his biggest mistake could be not identifying himself as an officer.. so many moving pieces here, but all of the experts here already have tried and sentenced this guy to life in prison.. smh

Old 10-15-2019, 08:44 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
He made a workplace mistake, I do that and nobody even notices, he does that and he goes to prison for life????
It's not like he forgot to order staples for the office, he pulled his gun in a situation where it was not necessary, put his finger on the trigger, which is apparently a big no-no, and then proceeded to kill someone. And you think he should walk away and simply go on with life without any consequences for what amounted to a series of really stupid "mistakes."

Tell us, are you entrusted to carry a gun on your job? If so, how many of your workplace "mistakes" that leave people dead are simply brushed aside with, oh, well, killing innocent people comes with the job. Nothing to see here.

More likely your "mistakes" are of the, oops, I forgot to order staples, variety. And you're right, no one except the people who run out of staples care. Can you seriously not see the difference?

Old 10-15-2019, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

And I'm curious who made the decision to approach a welfare check as you would a violent crime in process scene, even an active shooter scene, which is basically what they did.
Exactly, another thing that hasn't been released.. Was there a reason they approached the house like there was a crime occurring rather than a wellness check???? What did dispatch actually say??? Had there been other recent break ins in that neighborhood??

But hey, we have people that have watched Criminal Minds so they surely know whats happened here..

Old 10-15-2019, 08:49 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Do your *workplace mistakes* involve murdering a person? When you're holding a gun, there is no room for error.

Why are you so invested in defending this guy who killed an innocent human being?

Would you be saying this if a cop killed your spouse, sister, or mother while she was sitting in her own home minding her business?

Old 10-15-2019, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
It's not like he forgot to order staples for the office, he pulled his gun in a situation where it was not necessary, put his finger on the trigger, which is apparently a big no-no, and then proceeded to kill someone. And you think he should walk away and simply go on with life without any consequences for what amounted to a series of really stupid "mistakes."

Tell us, are you entrusted to carry a gun on your job? If so, how many of your workplace "mistakes" that leave people dead are simply brushed aside with, oh, well, killing innocent people comes with the job. Nothing to see here.

More likely your "mistakes" are of the, oops, I forgot to order staples, variety. And you're right, no one except the people who run out of staples care. Can you seriously not see the difference?
So losing your career isn't a consequence?????

And people here can't see this is a LOT different than some guy killing someone while robbing a grocery store??? Luckily for this guy, the judicial system is smarter than the people here...

Old 10-15-2019, 08:51 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
he pulled his gun in a situation where it was not necessary,
Not defending the officer as he clearly screwed up BIGTIME but how do you figure drawing his gun was not necessary? Being dispatched to a home at 2:30am for a welfare check and you find the front door open. Who knows what pay have been going on inside the home. Perhaps the cop might have walked in on someone who broke in and was raping or murdering the occupants. There is a whole lot of things that could have been going on here so to say drawing a gun was not necessary is a pretty ignorant statement to make.

Old 10-15-2019, 08:51 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
So losing your career isn't a consequence?????

And people here can't see this is a LOT different than some guy killing someone while robbing a grocery store??? Luckily for this guy, the judicial system is smarter than the people here...
He was reckless. If someone is driving recklessly and kills someone you love, do you think losing his career would be enough or would you want to see some prison time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies