Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2019, 07:36 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,604 posts, read 17,927,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
My ex works for the government and is buddies with many cops, magistrates, and judges. When I was a child, he was allowed to rape and hurt me anytime he wanted. His cop buddies even destroyed evidence to keep him from going to prison. The church and my parents forced me to marry him when I was a child after I told what he was doing to me. I often wish I had kept my mouth shut. I could've ended up getting away sooner and wouldn't have been forced to marry him if I'd kept quiet and no one knew. It ruined my life.

I got pregnant from one of the many rapes. I had my daughter. In 2011 I was raided without a warrant and my daughter was taken from me. They put her in a therapy program to break her down and get her used to the idea of living with her biological father. I was falsely accused of horrendous things to assassinate my character and make it so that no one would help me while I was being destroyed. My daughter was 14 when she was taken from me. My family ended up helping my rapist get custody of my child.

What happened to me had everything to do with my former forced husband. My daughter even informed me during one of the visits I was allowed to have with her that he told her that it had been set up and they just had been waiting to learn where we were to take her from me so he could get her. It was during this time that I learned that my court appointed attorney (who stipulated me to charges without my consent) was facebook buddies with the judge and the case worker who was writing false reports about me claiming I was "admitting" to serious felonies out of one side of her mouth while complaining I was refusing to talk to her out the other side of her mouth.

I searched through the facebook profiles from there and learned that the foster care worker who was writing up negative reports against me was a friend to a relative of one of the magistrates that kept helping my ex get away with stuff he was doing to me years earlier when I was trying to escape him. Small world, huh? I made a simple blog site and posted screenshots of all of this evidence connecting the dots and tried telling the world what was being done to me, and the judge found out and started sending the state police after me and was threatening to put me in jail. So, after I went public, the harassment was then coming from both the county and the state police.

The entire time I went through this not one person tried to help me. Instead, everyone believed I had to have done something wrong and either ignored me or joined the attack wagon. I even ended up having to shop after midnight because people in the community would recognize me and I'd be accosted out in public. There weren't as many people out shopping after midnight so it limited the amount of harassment if I avoided going out in public as much as possible.

My rapist ended up with custody and I ended up not being even allowed to talk to her on the phone. I was told if I recanted about the rapes and violence I had suffered that they would allow me to see her supervised for one hour a month, but I'd have to travel to his area and encounter him to do so. I just couldn't handle anymore psychologically. I ended up having a mental breakdown because of what I suffered.

I haven't had any friends in years, and I learned the hard way that the friends I used to have weren't real. If they were real friends then they'd have been there for me. They had no loyalty to me whatsoever. I had been there for some of them during really hard times, but not one of them were there for me. I'll never forgive any of them for it.
Floorist. NOW do you think her story is "not unusual"?

Still looking for that bridge to jump off, if this story is typical for anyone else's experience, at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2019, 07:38 PM

18,560 posts, read 7,362,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
You keep telling yourselves that you aren't racist, all while behaving in ways and making comments that show the complete opposite. Your ignorance and denial does not change the truth. It does not change facts. But you have the luxury of continuing to live with blinders on in your convenient cocoon of ignorance. I've heard so many white people say they're tired of hearing about racism. So what! Get over it! If you're tired of hearing about it, how the hell do you think the recipients of it feel?
White people are the recipients of racism on a much larger scale than Blacks ever have been. Don't derail this thread with provocative stuff like this.

Old 10-15-2019, 07:44 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,434,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Yes, that could be.

But I think he shot her but he didn't intend to - it was a reflexive move, and he raised his gun to prepare to shoot but then he accidentally shot without meaning to.

But maybe we'll never know.
The arrest warrant says that Former Officer Dean perceived a threat. Either the investigating officer made that up/made that assumption or its the one and only statement Dean made to investigators.

If Dean made that statement he shot intentionally imo.

Unfortunately, the younger generation of reporters is just as incompetent and hasn't thought to ask that question yet.

Old 10-15-2019, 07:44 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
White people are the recipients of racism on a much larger scale than Blacks ever have been. Don't derail this thread with provocative stuff like this.
*blinks*

REALLY? I truly hardly know how to respond. Blacks were brought to the US as slaves by white people who profited from their labor. And for hundreds of years they were kept as slaves. THEN, they were released through the civil war, but all the way through the 1960's had different and disgusting water fountains and couldn't attend the best public schools and couldn't eat at restaurants.

What in the blazes are you referring to, that whites are the recipients of racism? What in the world?

Old 10-15-2019, 07:53 PM

28,661 posts, read 18,764,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I'm not referring to the video.

Why weren't you? The video is available on YouTube.

Old 10-15-2019, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
The arrest warrant says that Former Officer Dean perceived a threat. Either the investigating officer made that up/made that assumption or its the one and only statement Dean made to investigators.

If Dean made that statement he shot intentionally imo.

Unfortunately, the younger generation of reporters is just as incompetent and hasn't thought to ask that question yet.
Perceiving a threat is not good enough. At least not for anyone who isn't a cop. But the law says it's not good enough.

Old 10-15-2019, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
*blinks*

REALLY? I truly hardly know how to respond. Blacks were brought to the US as slaves by white people who profited from their labor. And for hundreds of years they were kept as slaves. THEN, they were released through the civil war, but all the way through the 1960's had different and disgusting water fountains and couldn't attend the best public schools and couldn't eat at restaurants.

What in the blazes are you referring to, that whites are the recipients of racism? What in the world?
Yeah. THE WORLD. The world is bigger than this country. And there is a present and a future in addition to the past. And don't blame whites for slavery in this country. Collective guilt is a bogus concept, and all the slaves who ended up here were enslaved and sold by Black Africans.

What I'm referring to is the fact that the governments of the US, UK, Germany, France, Canada, etc. have adopted policies of unlimited immigration (and other policies) that will eliminate their white populations if not changed. There is a genocide in progress.

But let's get back on topic.

Last edited by hbdwihdh378y9; 10-15-2019 at 08:34 PM..

Old 10-15-2019, 08:25 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,434,576 times
Quote:
Perceiving a threat is not good enough. At least not for anyone who isn't a cop. But the law says it's not good enough.
Right. If I recall the standard usually applied to cops is whether or not it was reasonable for him to perceive a threat.

I actually think he was startled rather than perceiving a threat by Ms. Jefferson appearing in the window and in response shot in a panic. Just my opinion.

I think a jury will not buy this as a defense because he set up a potentially deadly situation for himself with multiple bad decisions while she had every right to be armed and peering out the window of her own home.

Old 10-15-2019, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Yeah. THE WORLD. The world is bigger than this country. And there is a present and a future in addition to the past. And don't blame whites for slavery in this country. Collective guilt is a bogus concept, and all the slaves who ended up here were enslaved and sold by Black Africans.

What I'm referring to is the fact that the governments of the US, UK, Germany, France, Canada, etc. have adopted policies of unlimited immigration that will eliminate their white populations if not changed. There is a genocide in progress.

But let's get back on topic.
Yes, let's get back on topic.

Your sentence was, whites have been subjected to more racism than blacks have.

YOU ARE WRONG.

Old 10-15-2019, 08:30 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
White people are the recipients of racism on a much larger scale than Blacks ever have been.
Ever? Seriously, ever?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies