Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2019, 12:33 PM

1,300 posts, read 960,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The Kurds have cut a deal with Russia and Russian backed Syrian forces to launch a counter-offensive to drive the Turks out. Putin will have control over Syria now and Iran will soon take over Iraq. Putin wins. Coincidence again? It certainly looks as though Trump is acting on Putin's orders.
Of course he is. Leaving prematurely certainly isn't in the best interests of the US. It simply creates the space for Putin and his allies to expand and solidify their control.

Its also suspicious that he was determined to do this now, rather than wait a year or two, realizing he might not be President for long. When it comes to international affairs, he behaves more like a Russian asset than someone pursuing American interests. And hes behaved this way since his presidential campain, when he would routinely bash european allies and NATO while having nothing but praise for Putin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2019, 12:37 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Well, now we know it to be true: these colors DO run (when the commander in chief is an idiot).

Old 10-13-2019, 12:50 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,797,453 times
Quote:
Well, now we know it to be true: these colors DO run (when the commander in chief is an idiot).
I've said this many times in this forum. There are things greater than what is being reported going on. You have to remember there are things the media can't get right to save their damn lives. My family has been experiencing it for a month.

Old 10-13-2019, 12:58 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,340,526 times
Quote:
They have no choice now but to turn tail and run. Turks are coming from the north and Russians from the south. Just a week ago it was fairly quiet and peaceful there. Trump upset the balance of power and started a new war. It's gonna be a while and many thousands of lives lost before it ends.
It's over. The best hope to end the killing and get the Turks out now is Putin. This was totally completely predictable.

"President Donald Trump is ordering most of the remaining US forces out of northern Syria, Defense Secretary Mark Esper said Sunday. We have American forces likely caught between two opposing, advancing armies and it's a very untenable situation. ... In explaining the decision, Esper also said that "in the last 24 hours" the US had learned that America's primary ally in the fight against ISIS, the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces, were "looking to cut a deal" with the Syrian regime and their Russian backers in order to "counter attack against the Turks in the north," something the SDF leadership had told America it would do in the absence of US assistance in the face of Turkish attacks. ...The official said the situation on the ground is deteriorating rapidly in northeast Syria, adding that Turkish proxies, which the official describes as including "extremists," have advanced along the strategically important M4 highway setting up multiple checkpoints. He says these proxy forces are wearing SDF uniforms and killing civilians on the highway. US Forces and SDF troops no longer control ground lines of communication and have no control over Turkish aircraft overhead."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/13/polit...key/index.html

Old 10-13-2019, 12:59 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArchitect View Post
Of course he is. Leaving prematurely certainly isn't in the best interests of the US. It simply creates the space for Putin and his allies to expand and solidify their control.

Its also suspicious that he was determined to do this now, rather than wait a year or two, realizing he might not be President for long. When it comes to international affairs, he behaves more like a Russian asset than someone pursuing American interests. And hes behaved this way since his presidential campain, when he would routinely bash european allies and NATO while having nothing but praise for Putin.
The "coincidence" that one of those two crooks arrested worked for Fred Trump is quite an amazing thing....after all, didn't everyone work for Fred Trump?

I think someday when the entire story is told it will be shown that the Trump org has been, knowingly or not, long ago targeted to be useful idiots. Even Putin and the KGB couldn't have know that Donald would lose every cent of the family fortune and therefore been open to Russian "investment" starting after the Great Recession.

So what may have started out as just "let's watch this asset" now turned into the Dream Scenario. IMHO.

Old 10-13-2019, 01:24 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,391,525 times
of course they are:
they are trained to fight and kill
without a target, they are unemployed

Old 10-13-2019, 01:28 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,690,051 times
One thing we are sure of is that Trump jumps when Vladimir speaks. Now we can add President Erdogan. Erdogan threatened to cancel Trump's license on Trump Towers Istanbul and Trump immediately did Erdogan's bidding. We have seen Trump throw his loyal subjects under the bus and now an ally. It doesn't matter to Trump all that he is concerned about is Trump Towers in Istanbul. When Trump does anything we need to follow the money. If Trump has a business at a location in question then you can count on him acting to protect his interests.

Trump has turned the US into the coward of the world. As all military people know, "no one left behind," but Trump doesn't care. I cannot remember anytime the US has ever deserted an ally until now. I keep waiting for republicans to stand up for what's right but most remain silent and silence is the same as complicity.

As a veteran myself I am totally ashamed of America and every other vet I know feels the same.

Trump is a draft dodger and now has proven himself a coward.

You can rest assured that Trump's cowardice will come back to bite the US in the butt.

Old 10-13-2019, 06:51 PM

12,386 posts, read 8,149,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post

As a veteran myself I am totally ashamed of America and every other vet I know feels the same.

Trump is a draft dodger and now has proven himself a coward.

You can rest assured that Trump's cowardice will come back to bite the US in the butt.
Your guts with someone else's blood on the line. Congress never declared war.

Old 10-13-2019, 07:17 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,271,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacommonwealth View Post
Even active duty, my friends son at Lejeune said Marines unhappy. I voted for Trump but this is his biggest mistake by far.
We were not fighting there. Where was the front? What was the latest offensive? Which town did we take last? Just sit back and pass the popcorn and let them duke it out.

Old 10-13-2019, 07:20 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,271,829 times
Quote:
Aren't you the same guy who bashed Bush forever? If I had the time I'd dig it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies