Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 08:34 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,064,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
According to the press secretary, the POTUS hasn’t seen the video yet. (He’s been all over Twitter this morning, though!)

Anyone believe the press secretary?
Nope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2019, 08:36 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,271,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Nope.
I really believe he’s itching to post it himself.

Old 10-14-2019, 09:05 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,638,754 times
Quote:
I’m concerned about that same. Both situations are threats, though. Are you suggesting we can be concerned about only one threat at a time?
No. It shows that some of you people live in a bubble.

A meme video that's been sitting on YouTube for a year....where there are ton of similar meme videos out on 4chan and whatnot, aren't directly causing violence. In fact, had the NYT not brought it up, it'd still be sitting on YouTube and nobody would care about it at all.

Meanwhile, I could leave my backyard door open, a cop could wander around, and I could get shot in my own house is a very real and actual threat and something that has happened.

I don't recall Trump actually shooting news networks up.

I'm no Trumper at all, but stupid memes don't cause threats of violence. It's not even an edgy meme at that, there are far worse ones out there than that one.

Old 10-14-2019, 09:08 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,271,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
No. It shows that some of you people live in a bubble.

A meme video that's been sitting on YouTube for a year....where there are ton of similar meme videos out on 4chan and whatnot, aren't directly causing violence. In fact, had the NYT not brought it up, it'd still be sitting on YouTube and nobody would care about it at all.

Meanwhile, I could leave my backyard door open, a cop could wander around, and I could get shot in my own house is a very real and actual threat and something that has happened.

I don't recall Trump actually shooting news networks up.

I'm no Trumper at all, but stupid memes don't cause threats of violence. It's not even an edgy meme at that, there are far worse ones out there than that one.
His fans have.

See El Paso and Pittsburgh (my home town).

This video has the potential to stir up more of those crazies. I’m a black woman (easily presumed to be liberal). I don’t want to become a victim of one of these nutters.

We can be concerned about more than one thing.

Old 10-14-2019, 09:11 AM

18,762 posts, read 11,755,546 times
That video was disturbing and despicable. How jealous Trump must be of his idle Putin who has his toadies throw journalists out of hotel windows for printing anything critical of him. The next best thing for Trump is to allow Khashoggi's murder to fly under the radar without consequences. He was from WaPo after all. Why are we sending troops to Saudi Arabia? Why not incite the lunatics to do his bidding and kill journalists? Why not de-fund The Global Terrorism Data Bank for reporting on right wing nationalist terrorism being more dangerous than international terrorism? Didn't Trump say he was a Nationalist? Didn't he defend violence at his rallies by saying "Knock the hell out of them, I'll pay the legal fees?" This is nothing more than a long tactic of grooming the lunatics to do dear leaders bidding. Innuendo, fear mongering, and hate rhetoric are dangerous but effective pathways to get someone else to do your dirty work while keeping your hands clean. Just like with the endless conspiracy theories there is a rube a minute willing to be manipulated for someone who could give two cents about you and will throw you under the bus to save his own hide. Journalists lives should not be put in danger for doing their jobs.

Old 10-14-2019, 09:12 AM

Quote:
His fans have.

See El Paso and Pittsburgh (my home town).
Didn't some Bernie Sanders supporter shoot up a baseball field full of Republican senators? Just sayin'

There are crazies out there for both parties, but memes aren't going to be the one to trigger them. Those people will be crazy regardless of dumb internet memes.

I can see if Trump himself played this at the White House, but cmon.

All this is going to do is....get congress to censor memes? I mean, I guess....

Old 10-14-2019, 09:13 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,288,409 times
Fake liberal TDS outrage.

It’s okay that Hollywood and video games have worst violence being played on a daily basis, but atrocious if a doctored Trump is in it.

Gimme a break. Go empty the dishwasher!

Old 10-14-2019, 09:15 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,705,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
And yet many of you were ok with Kathy Griffin holding a fake severed Trump’s head.
I did not support Kathy Griffin... but I think this does warrant pointing out that Kathy Griffin is not the President of the United States. What some random personality/comedian does does not hold the same clout as what the leader of the free world does.

Old 10-14-2019, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
I did not support Kathy Griffin... but I think this does warrant pointing out that Kathy Griffin is not the President of the United States. What some random personality/comedian does does not hold the same clout as what the leader of the free world does.
You realize Trump himself didn't make the video, promote it, or even know about it, right?

Old 10-14-2019, 09:16 AM

8,922 posts, read 2,527,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
All this is going to do is....get congress to censor memes? I mean, I guess....
There is nothing the authoritarians won't try to censor. It's just how they roll
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies