Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2019, 10:17 AM

18,423 posts, read 9,044,532 times

Advertisements

I heard that liberals want to ban toothbrushes and deodorant.

Crazy liberals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2019, 10:24 AM

36,858 posts, read 17,224,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Then they'll whine when franchisees or corporate-owned stores decide not to build there because they can't compete with the drive-thru's that already exist.

They always manage to shoot themselves in the foot with their stupid legislation.

If only they had better aim...
Makes you wonder who greased who over when the benevolent legislation was passed.

Old 10-15-2019, 10:30 AM

17,322 posts, read 9,137,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
First, you need to read the article you posted. Hint: the article was more about health and obesity. Second, you need to link how these local jurisdictions are "Left." Also define "Left." Maybe you are 600 lbs (272 kg) and it is impossible to get out of your car. If that is the case, you should lose weight and stop eating junk food. I know it is easier said than done. Good luck.

Exactly Correct .. this article has 13 paragraphs.... only one of those paragraphs is about “climate change”.
The other 12 are about controlling what people eat.

Old 10-15-2019, 10:31 AM

6,671 posts, read 3,291,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
First, you need to read the article you posted. Hint: the article was more about health and obesity. Second, you need to link how these local jurisdictions are "Left." Also define "Left." Maybe you are 600 lbs (272 kg) and it is impossible to get out of your car. If that is the case, you should lose weight and stop eating junk food. I know it is easier said than done. Good luck.
Great. Another liberal diatribe telling people that they know what's best for them. If anyone tried that on them they'd be taunted with names, have an army stalking their house, and a media blitz to destroy their life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
And we’ll be stuck with a Southern Baptist theocracy because that’s all the GOP is offering.
But you could still get a Happy Meal at the drive-through.

Old 10-15-2019, 10:50 AM

15,704 posts, read 9,414,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
I’ve banned myself from using drive throughs. I’m not fat and lazy, the restaurant employees always get the order wrong, and the homeless beg for money from those sitting in their vehicles in line.
Such small-minded thinking. Some people have mobility issues that make it hard to go inside. But keep on with your stereotypes. Some people have small kids in the car or pets.

Old 10-15-2019, 11:01 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Does anyone live in an area where emission testing is done?
All day long, multiple lanes of cars, bumper to bumper, idling, moving inches at a time until the end, where not so much as an order of fries or happy meal awaits, just a state functionary taking your money and giving nothing of value in return.
Ban that.
I have a 21 year old german sports car that I drive for fun, less than 1000 miles per year.

Every 24 months it gets emission tested and I have to drive it at high speeds and high engine rpm, generating massive pollution, so I can get the catalytic converters sufficiently hot to ensure I pass emission testing.

Liberal logic strikes again. Although, I’m sure if it was up to them, my car would be confiscated and taken off the road due to age.

Old 10-15-2019, 11:03 AM

15,704 posts, read 9,414,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I heard that liberals want to ban toothbrushes and deodorant.
I heard conservatives want to ban common decency and reason.

Old 10-15-2019, 11:10 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,461,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Makes you wonder who greased who over when the benevolent legislation was passed.
Good point.

Old 10-15-2019, 11:15 AM

52,221 posts, read 33,940,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Does anyone live in an area where emission testing is done?
All day long, multiple lanes of cars, bumper to bumper, idling, moving inches at a time until the end, where not so much as an order of fries or happy meal awaits, just a state functionary taking your money and giving nothing of value in return.
Ban that.
yep, i was in that line for 2 hours a couple weeks ago, in this case waiting to use a self-serve kiosk.

the reward for this lunacy? after scanning my mailed code, the screen said 'unfortunately, a test cannot be completed on this vehicle at the VEIP kiosk at this time.'

Old 10-15-2019, 11:19 AM

30,585 posts, read 24,931,652 times
You know, I would not want to live near a drive through. I also think that cities have to make hard decisions about traffic, congestion, aesthetics. As time passes, people come to value different things in their communities.

There are still plenty of drive through opportunities. It is not as if all or most drive through windows have closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies