Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 07:28 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,481,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
The space isn't large enough for you to explain why income earned from labor isn't taxable?
Why is it that taxpayers who don't work for their money are not taxed on the part of their receipts that they invested in order to receive their gross receipts, but those who work for their money are not allowed any credit for what they invest to receive those earnings?

Also, what is with the discrepancy of Title 26, Section 861? (it's not what they say, but don't say?!)

Is the IRS that inarticlulate? Come on, let's be specific Uncle Sam. After all, you wrote the rule book!

Is it a coincidence that churches are tax-exempt? (well, thanks to 501(c)(3)...) What's next, taxation on free-speech?!

Also asked my esteemed senator Carl Levin the same question, as others, (Debbie Stabenow and Candice Miller) got three different totally responses to my question. Go figure! They all never did answer my question, but "danced" around it.

(a few for now..sorry, this is getting off-topic)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2008, 08:14 AM

2,404 posts, read 6,578,949 times
Quote:
The space isn't large enough for you to explain why income earned from labor isn't taxable? You don't have much faith in the C-D servers, do you. Just as I don't have much faith so far in the idea that you know what you're talking about...
************ Great ! just got back from a breakfest meeting , Just as i thought . You don't know the differance between ( JOHN J. JONES and John J. Jones ) so some day when you and the others on this site do your home work and find the answer to my question , you will understand why unlike you , I do not pay INCOME tax on my labor and I am not in jail. Have a great day!.

Old 05-09-2008, 08:16 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
Why is it that taxpayers who don't work for their money are not taxed on the part of their receipts that they invested in order to receive their gross receipts, but those who work for their money are not allowed any credit for what they invest to receive those earnings?
I don't think you have much basis for complaining over non-specific language just from this. Maybe state instead of rant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
Also, what is with the discrepancy of Title 26, Section 861? (it's not what they say, but don't say?!)
Section 861 is five pages, 73 paragraphs, and more than 2,000 words long. And you're complaining about what they DON'T say. Maybe you could narrow this down some?

Old 05-09-2008, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
Great ! just got back from a breakfest meeting ,
Full-time RV-ers have breakfast meetings? Who knew...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
Just as i thought . You don't know the differance between ( JOHN J. JONES and John J. Jones ) so some day when you and the others on this site do your home work and find the answer to my question , you will understand why unlike you , I do not pay INCOME tax on my labor and I am not in jail. Have a great day!.
Nobody pays income taxes on labor. Not even people named John J. Jones or any conceivable variant thereof. Believe me, it's a labor dealing with much of the baseless and overblown rhetoric that shows up on this site from time to time, but my taxes don't go up as the result of it. So, I suppose you might need to stay one step ahead of Johnny Law, so back in the RV, and maybe post from the next burg or hamlet once you've figured out the difference between discourse and double talk...

Old 05-09-2008, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Full-time RV-ers have breakfast meetings? Who knew...

Nobody pays income taxes on labor. Not even people named John J. Jones or any conceivable variant thereof. Believe me, it's a labor dealing with much of the baseless and overblown rhetoric that shows up on this site from time to time, but my taxes don't go up as the result of it. So, I suppose you might need to stay one step ahead of Johnny Law, so back in the RV, and maybe post from the next burg or hamlet once you've figured out the difference between discourse and double talk...

Some of us do conduct business from our RV's I guess that not only do you not know the differance between the two as i stated , and i guess you don't think it is worth researching it thats ok you have a right to your opinion but i don't need to stay one step ahead of johnny law . Matter of fact I have had the pleasure of teaching your "Johnny law" A thing or two about Constitutional LAW in my travels. See not all of old folks think that the American Dream is owning a home . Some of us consider it an expensive Burden in our elder years. And actually chose to live this life style. Again this may sound like double talk . but only to those without the time to get educated to the truth.

Old 05-09-2008, 04:48 PM

Blah-blah-blah. Either you can back up your claims or you can't...

Old 05-10-2008, 04:41 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Hey guys...give him a break.

People whose SOLE income is Social Security generally pay no taxes on that income.

Old 05-10-2008, 04:59 AM

People in prison don't typically need a tax advisor either, and that is a situtation that folks who decide to follow tax protestor advice need seriously to consider...

Old 05-10-2008, 07:28 AM

Quote:
People in prison don't typically need a tax advisor either, and that is a situtation that folks who decide to follow tax protestor advice need seriously to consider...
*********Exactly what i have been saying they are in prision because they "FOLLOWED". In all of my post I keep saying "Research , learn," in doing this you will learn to do it right. perfict example . QUESTION Can you beat any traffic ticket ? well most every one will say "NO " but in the state of california it is simple ,they put c.p.c. 853.9 on the bottom of all tickets . that explains your constitutional rights . don't believe me , then here i go again !( Go on line,check it out ,it's there in black an white and I didn't dream it up ) this is law ,this is what your rights are if you have the knowelage .And every state has something like it ! As I leave this site all I can say is "good luck to the followers."

Last edited by Fighter 1; 05-10-2008 at 07:36 AM..

Old 05-10-2008, 09:16 AM

I'm sure that many thousands have avoided and continue to avoid paying California traffic tickets by pleading that the copy provided to them was smudged. How has this excuse worked out for you with the IRS? You remember them, don't you? They're the people who oversee the collection of income taxes, the latter being the actual topic under present discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies