Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2008, 12:29 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,409,608 times

Advertisements

Because you see, they'll never get ahead because we're racists, keeping them down.

Even when we try to help, it's because we look down upon people who are different. Then they complain that their employer treats them different because they wear ghetto clothes or weaves and claw fingernails. Employer gives advice to help you blend, but you want your appearance to stay different; the employer should hold you to a different standard.

So, just keep complaining about inequality, while expecting to be treated differently and judged by different standards...and then complain that you're treated differently because you act differently or dress differently.

I want to look different, and act different than the rest of your employees...but I want to be treated the same.

The victim mentality; it's where many are comfortable.

No effort required to stay there, so it's all good, long as Whitey's there to keep ya down.

Old 06-04-2008, 12:34 PM

1,271 posts, read 4,023,391 times
When the race based "solutions" are founded on racial superiority, stereotypes, discrimination and prejudices it becomes a good fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
I find it odd that blacks scream, but when whites share how to fix the problem, blacks scream racism. It's like my daughter, "Dad, I want to graduate with honors," but when she is coached to do her homework, she screamed, "not fair, not fair". So she didn't finish with honors and blamed the teachers.

Old 06-04-2008, 12:39 PM

I agree, there are many folks in the black community who practice racial superiority against whites and stereotype and discriminate every bit as much as they have those things done to them.

Look at Obama's buddies for example...leading blacks into deeper oppression by villifying, alienating, and ridiculing whites. All at a time we're supposed to be enjoying unity.

Al Sharpton, Louis Ferrakhan(?), all those clowns are just hate mongers, keeping blacks down because if racism isn't a gimmick, these people are out of a (very lucrative) job.

I also believe that Affirmative Action's day has come and gone. All it does is breed resentment and cause people to be placed in positions they're ill-trained to fill, just because of their race.

Old 06-04-2008, 12:46 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,430,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
I am saying in a genral sense. Now there are many,many successful blacks in this country but there are still waaaay to many the dwell at the bottom. I do understand racism but I really would like to take that out of the equation and look at things that blacks themsleves can do. We, blacks, cannot control the way whites treat us not can we make them change that kind of behavior but we can controll ourselves.

So what can we do to get a more stable footing in America? I ask this question because I sure would like to do more than just mentor black kids, I don'think I'm doing enough, that is far from enough. Blacks have to do much more. I would like to hear any suggestions or opinions........
Here's why, the Republicans and their racist supporters are doing their best to hold them down. Not all members of the GOP are racists, but the party is afraid to offend the percentage that are, so they continue to oppose anything and everything that helps the AA population. Currently there are exactly zero (0) black governors, senators, or House members. That's not a coincidence.

YouTube - KKK Will Vote For John McCain As President

Old 06-04-2008, 12:46 PM

1,271 posts, read 4,023,391 times
let me guess slavery was an urban myth as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
I agree, there are many folks in the black community who practice racial superiority against whites and stereotype and discriminate every bit as much as they have those things done to them.Look at Obama's buddies for example...leading blacks into deeper oppression by villifying, alienating, and ridiculing whites. All at a time we're supposed to be enjoying unity.Al Sharpton, Louis Ferrakhan(?), all those clowns are just hate mongers, keeping blacks down because if racism isn't a gimmick, these people are out of a (very lucrative) job.I also believe that Affirmative Action's day has come and gone. All it does is breed resentment and cause people to be placed in positions they're ill-trained to fill, just because of their race.

Old 06-04-2008, 01:02 PM

It may as well be now.

It's not just the white folks that are keeping racism alive.

Old 06-04-2008, 01:06 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,778,719 times
Quote:
Even when we try to help, it's because we look down upon people who are different. Then they complain that their employer treats them different because they wear ghetto clothes or weaves and claw fingernails. Employer gives advice to help you blend, but you want your appearance to stay different; the employer should hold you to a different standard.

So, just keep complaining about inequality, while expecting to be treated differently and judged by different standards...and then complain that you're treated differently because you act differently or dress differently.

I want to look different, and act different than the rest of your employees...but I want to be treated the same.

The victim mentality; it's where many are comfortable.

No effort required to stay there, so it's all good, long as Whitey's there to keep ya down.
Black people are inherently different...by nature, we physically look different. In Miami, women of all races wear weaves (Paris Hilton and Gwen Stefani are weave queens)...many Hispanic women wear clothes to the office that would be completely unacceptable in the NE (spaghetti strap dresses with no bra, open-toed shoes with no stockings, etc.), and the longest fake nails I have EVER seen where on a White woman who worked in the student housing office at my old college.

In the example I gave, I specifically pointed out that the Black woman's hair weave was very professional in appearance; to the point where other White and Hispanic co-workers were considering getting the same thing done to their hair. Around a month ago, Sherri on the View demonstrated that she wears a hair weave...and then Joy Behar took off her hairpiece. So the picture you are painting was not the case at all. Even the White and Hispanic women were appalled and told this woman that they thought her hair looked absolutely stunning...and had a few choice words (which I will not recount here) for our owner. Nevertheless, he was the owner. But he is not an isolated case.

The company where I worked had no "normal look". We had religious Jewish women who wore full wigs and long skirts and sleeves. We had Hispanic women who wore dressed like they were at a Caribbean resort. We had older White and Black women who dressed way more conservative. Pick a business style...and we had it. The operations manager (who was Black) even (I guess to try to rectify the obvious hypocrisy), pointed out that she personally thought it was unacceptable for some of the women to be wearing spaghetti straps with no bras to work. However, that complaint fell on dead ears because as a hot-blooded southern male, he probably doesn't mind that look at all!

I will also mention that we had a Black clerk who use to come to the office wearing some outfits that were brought from Rainbow and looked like she was dressed for a party. Everyone agreed that something should be said and she started coming around. So this is not a case of Black vs. White vs. Hispanic. Everyone could spot the hypocrisy and the double standard a mile away. Being a Black woman, I know what it's like to get your hair done and think what on earth will your boss think? It's insanity really. Thankfully I'm out of that scenario....for the time being (and my hair is happy )

Old 06-04-2008, 01:11 PM

Wasn't necessarily talking about the person in your example...

Maybe in that case you had a bigot for a boss. But that's the exception not the rule from what I know.

And...are hot-blooded southern males hornier than any other males? Just wondering if you're providing a stereotype there, maybe.

Old 06-04-2008, 01:14 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,778,719 times
Quote:
And...are hot-blooded southern males hornier than any other males? Just wondering if you're providing a stereotype there, maybe.
Those were actually his words to describe himself; not used in that instance...but in a couple others.

Old 06-04-2008, 01:23 PM

Gotcha--Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies