Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 11:03 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times

Advertisements

It is still a form of slavery and must be prosecuted. We need to prosecute these offenders even if it looks like persecution. Hell, even if it is persecution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 11:09 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,139,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
What you fail to see is that not all the underage girls were pregnant, not all the underage girls were married, yet all the children were removed. This is a repeat of the raid that took place against this religion in the 1950's.
I don't know about what happened in the 50's, but I believe that when there is abuse in any home, all underage children are removed from the home, whether one or all of them appears to have been a victim of abuse. The assumption is that the other children might not be safe. You don't think that's a fair assumption?

Old 04-29-2008, 11:16 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,114,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
I don't know about what happened in the 50's, but I believe that when there is abuse in any home, all underage children are removed from the home, whether one or all of them appears to have been a victim of abuse. The assumption is that the other children might not be safe. You don't think that's a fair assumption?
If the abuse (and it remains to be seen if it was in fact abuse or if these girls were OK with it, in which case it's only statutory rape, not actual rape) was occuring in a home and they removed all children from THAT home...so be it. They removed all children in EVERY home, even if the abuse was not known to be occuring there...even if there were no teenage girls in the home.

Old 04-29-2008, 11:57 AM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times
I think they considered the compound as the collective home. This seems reasonable to me as my understanding is that wives and children could be traded between individual households and husbands within the compound. And the fact that the compound was guarded and it appeared that those inside were not free to come and go.

Old 04-30-2008, 02:45 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,205,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
I have no agenda here other than recognizing infringments on liberty by the government, it is obvious that you harbor extreme animosity towards these people.

What you fail to see is that not all the underage girls were pregnant, not all the underage girls were married, yet all the children were removed. This is a repeat of the raid that took place against this religion in the 1950's.

I was merely pointing out the sexualization of children in mainstream society and the intolerance of when these "children" are married or have babies in a culture different than our own. So, in mainstream society it's acceptable to have girls this age running around having sex and dressing like whores but when they have children in the FLDS church it's "wrong" and "systemic abuse". Unless these girls who choose to be a part of the FLDS come out and state that they were forced to marry and were raped then how are we to know they didn't willingly comply with their culture, just as women do in cultures all over the world?
No amount of spin and smoke and mirrors will negate the criminal acts that these people have committed. No one has to prove anything to you, the proof is in the pudding, as they say. Underage girls that are pregnant or have already have given birth are "proof" enough. We have laws in this country, laws that are relevant for everyone, including the Almighty FLDS who seem to have their own laws as they think they can do anything to anybody and that they are totally justified in it. Their reign of terror is coming to an end; this raid on the YFZ Ranch is the beginning. Watch other states follow suit as these cockroaches of society are exposed to the light. No one is buying the "religious intolerance, religious persecution, violation of civil liberties" defense. The tide is turning for these pedophile rapists, and not a moment too soon. Slavery was outlawed in this country, yet these people still practice it. They trade their women and children like chattel. They use religion to control people, both men and women. They excommunicate people and take away their family. They take away their home because a trust owns most of the real estate where they live. They use government assistance to finance their polygamous lifestyles. Don't even ask for "proof" because it is all over the internet and I'm sure that if you contacted the local welfare department in heavily polygamous communities, you can get all the proof you need. Like I said already, there's too much evidence, that all the spin and smoke and mirrors will not hide the truth this time. I can see why they are scared; they should be scared. They're scared because the truth of what they are doing and have been doing for decades is being exposed and they can't hide from it anymore.

Give a message to your FLDS friends: Tell them to get ready for the slammer because that's where they're all headed. There'll be lots of people there to engage in as many spiritual marriages as they want.

Last edited by Donna7; 04-30-2008 at 03:05 AM..

Old 04-30-2008, 04:44 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
The couple million our government gave them might BUY them out of the slammer.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:22 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,205,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
The couple million our government gave them might BUY them out of the slammer.
Good point. No one should undestimate the amount of people that can be bought off.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:56 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,114,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
No amount of spin and smoke and mirrors will negate the criminal acts that these people have committed. No one has to prove anything to you, the proof is in the pudding, as they say. Underage girls that are pregnant or have already have given birth are "proof" enough. We have laws in this country, laws that are relevant for everyone, including the Almighty FLDS who seem to have their own laws as they think they can do anything to anybody and that they are totally justified in it. Their reign of terror is coming to an end; this raid on the YFZ Ranch is the beginning. Watch other states follow suit as these cockroaches of society are exposed to the light. No one is buying the "religious intolerance, religious persecution, violation of civil liberties" defense. The tide is turning for these pedophile rapists, and not a moment too soon. Slavery was outlawed in this country, yet these people still practice it. They trade their women and children like chattel. They use religion to control people, both men and women. They excommunicate people and take away their family. They take away their home because a trust owns most of the real estate where they live. They use government assistance to finance their polygamous lifestyles. Don't even ask for "proof" because it is all over the internet and I'm sure that if you contacted the local welfare department in heavily polygamous communities, you can get all the proof you need. Like I said already, there's too much evidence, that all the spin and smoke and mirrors will not hide the truth this time. I can see why they are scared; they should be scared. They're scared because the truth of what they are doing and have been doing for decades is being exposed and they can't hide from it anymore.

Give a message to your FLDS friends: Tell them to get ready for the slammer because that's where they're all headed. There'll be lots of people there to engage in as many spiritual marriages as they want.

1. I have no FLDS friends, I've never met any FLDS members.

2. Why the hatred of these people? "Cockroaches of society" give me a break...

3. The only possible laws I have seen to be violated are statutory rape and the bigamy laws. A pregnant girl doesn't not indicate rape right off the bat, it only indicates statutory rape.

4. I am concerned with the facts of this case in particular, not about hearsay posted on the internet concerning other situations. In this case, I am reserving my assumption of guilt on ALL the parents until more facts come out.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:43 PM

3,517 posts, read 13,259,891 times
Not to mention the distinct lack of little boys in this population of more than 400 children. What have these people done with all the little boys that should make up about half of the children, but only some 2 dozen were found?

Also, among the crimes of this cult is incest and inbreeding. Once the DNA testing results start coming in, the extent of the inbreeding will be fully evident.

(shudder!)

Old 05-20-2008, 04:58 PM

109 posts, read 214,302 times
Default The Truth about the FLDS

Many people here are being deceived by the lamestream media propaganda regarding the FLDS people. The first thing is to demonize them by labeling them a cult, because they have different beliefs. The next thing they are doing is to beat the child abuse thing into the ground. They know that accusations of child abuse will arose the anger of the populace. However, there has been no such evidence in this case. If there were, CPS would be screaming it to the rafters.

I, and most people who believe in or practice polygamy do not condone child abuse or forced marriages. In this case, it is still unknown how many, if ANY, cases of child abuse or forced marriages there are. CPS is constantly having to admit that women they labeled as minors are actually of age. Another thing to consider, is that in Texas, a minor can get married at the age of 16 with parental consent, and until 2005, that age was 14. So, it is conceivably possible that if there are any minors who are married, pregnant, or have had children, it was entirely legal.

This is simply a case of abuse of state power. Some of this is based on the money the state gets by taking and keeping these people. Some of it is testing the waters to see how far government can get in attacking religion. The FLDS makes a good target because they are different, and because of the known abuses of various sects of the Mormon Church. If you want to know more than the lies of the government, go to their website.
Captive FLDS Children

Who will be targeted next? Those who home school, own guns, believe that the Bible is the Word of Yahweh, believe in the Constitution? Americans are already being attacked on all of these fronts right now. You just won't hear about it in the lamestream press. Try reading NewsWithViews.com -- Where Reality Shatters Illusion or www.worldnetdaily (broken link) for a dose of the truth.

And if you want to restore your country to a true republic, don't vote for any of the candidates that the global elite want to foist on us. Pastor Chuck Baldwin - Constitution Party or Ron Paul are excellent choices. they can win if you will vote them in. If you want this country to keep going on the path to hell, then vote Obama, Clinton, or McCain. They are all globalists who are selling out our country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies