Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 05:24 PM

2,308 posts, read 2,583,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
WASHINGTON - Millions of dollars of lucrative Iraq reconstruction contracts were never finished because of excessive delays, poor performance or other factors, including failed projects that are being falsely described by the U.S. government as complete, federal investigators say.
Attention!!! Persons who support the war in Iraq, these are your tax $$$ at work from a corrupt US government to a corrupt Iraqi government! Think about this when your fueling up with $4 to $5 a gallon gas! Your p****** your money away paying taxes and doing the same for the oil cartels, including the Iraqis, every time you put the fuel nozzle into your vehicle's fuel tank! Think about it!

Investigators: Millions in Iraq contracts never finished - Yahoo! News (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2008, 05:32 PM

11,576 posts, read 13,934,638 times
Cool. I think I'll go fill up the Sequoia tonight.

Old 04-27-2008, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Cool. I think I'll go fill up the Sequoia tonight.
Don't forget your first born and your horse blinders!

Old 04-27-2008, 05:40 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,189,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard View Post
Attention!!! Persons who support the war in Iraq, these are your tax $$$ at work from a corrupt US government to a corrupt Iraqi government! Think about this when your fueling up with $4 to $5 a gallon gas! Your p****** your money away paying taxes and doing the same for the oil cartels, including the Iraqis, every time you put the fuel nozzle into your vehicle's fuel tank! Think about it!

Investigators: Millions in Iraq contracts never finished - Yahoo! News (broken link)
From your own linked article:

The special IG's review of 47,321 reconstruction projects worth billions of dollars found that at least 855 contracts were terminated by U.S. officials before their completion, primarily because of unforeseen factors such as violence and excessive costs. About 112 of those agreements were ended specifically because of the contractors' actual or anticipated poor performance.

Actually, that is a better completion % than I have seen in the US, a 98% success rate (even including the poor performance contracts).

If true, considering the termination for violence issues, this is a very impressive successful completion rate.

Old 04-27-2008, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Don't forget your first born and your horse blinders!
In that case, I'll take all 5 of my cars up there and fill up. Oh, and the motorcycle as well.

Old 04-27-2008, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
From your own linked article:

The special IG's review of 47,321 reconstruction projects worth billions of dollars found that at least 855 contracts were terminated by U.S. officials before their completion, primarily because of unforeseen factors such as violence and excessive costs. About 112 of those agreements were ended specifically because of the contractors' actual or anticipated poor performance.

Actually, that is a better completion % than I have seen in the US, a 98% success rate (even including the poor performance contracts).

If true, considering the termination for violence issues, this is a very impressive successful completion rate.
With all due respect, you don't get it! The numbers are staggering! The amount of US treasury that has been spent on corruption to line the pockets of US and other interests is in the Billions of $$$! Three generations from now, if the US is still around, the Middle East Wars will have consumed Trillions of $$$ of US treasury. The US standard of living will have sunk to second rate status or lower! I'm just happy they I wont be around to witness this slide into the black hole of bankruptcy!

Old 04-27-2008, 05:55 PM

Quote:
In that case, I'll take all 5 of my cars up there and fill up. Oh, and the motorcycle as well.
No comment, you're not worth a warning!

Old 04-27-2008, 06:08 PM

So are you going to take the first step and stop using gas?

Old 04-27-2008, 06:10 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,189,790 times
Quote:
With all due respect, you don't get it! The numbers are staggering!
Actually, I do, but you may be guilty of selective reading. You are merging two different ideas, fraud in contracting and overall expenditures.

Your posting assumes massive fraud by the way you hysterically decry the situation. My point of view is that the problems appear to be pretty much within normal contract problems when viewed from a wide perspective. It isn't like the problems in Iraq (at least mentioned in your initial posting) are all that excessive in comparison to what has historically happened right here in the good old USA:

Home - Federal Contractor Misconduct Database - POGO

Old 04-27-2008, 06:12 PM

Quote:
So are you going to take the first step and stop using gas?
Please see my previous post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies