U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-03-2008, 08:03 PM
 
17,528 posts, read 19,702,562 times
Reputation: 7290

Advertisements

Bush has done NOTHING good for this country 1) Global warming from CO2 is utter CRAP 2) Bush made the world hate the U.S. a LOT more than Al Qaeda 3) Bush increased the debt to unheard of levels ... Bush is possibly one of the WORST president to have ever come, I hope historians will remember that... he is a liar by promising conservative values and putting in liberal policies instead... he deserves to be #1 on worst president ever..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-03-2008, 08:08 PM
 
Location: At my computador
2,057 posts, read 3,084,235 times
Reputation: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I hope historians will remember that... he is a liar by promising conservative values and putting in liberal policies instead... he deserves to be #1 on worst president ever..
I think you're wrong. He's spread the dollar so thin, that in order to make the welfare net continue to work, we're going to have be taxed beyond belief. The American people are going to choose to end entitlements instead.

Further, Clinton's economics would of put the government in position to start buying income generating assets (fascism) by about 2012. Bush made sure that isn't going to be happening again anytime soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2008, 08:13 PM
 
4,247 posts, read 9,349,472 times
Reputation: 1461
The USA’s contribution to Iraq’s so called weapons of mass destruction and more!

So often in political speeches on Iraq it is brought up how Saddam Hussein gassed his own people. What is not talked about in these speeches is that the USA supplied him with many of these chemical agents of which he used to kill innocent Iraqi citizens as well as many Iranians.

This is stated time and time again even though the World’s Largest Arms Dealer the USA supplied him with many of these chemical agents. It is also worth noting that many of the IED’s (Improvised Explosive Devices) in use in Iraq, which are to this day killing and maiming US soldiers, are made with US supplied munitions. Iraq is awash with arms depots full of American supplied bullets, bombs and explosives, which to date have killed 3803 US soldiers and wounded 27753 with horrific results.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2008, 08:28 PM
 
Location: At my computador
2,057 posts, read 3,084,235 times
Reputation: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
The USA’s contribution to Iraq’s so called weapons of mass destruction and more!

So often in political speeches on Iraq it is brought up how Saddam Hussein gassed his own people. What is not talked about in these speeches is that the USA supplied him with many of these chemical agents of which he used to kill innocent Iraqi citizens as well as many Iranians.

This is stated time and time again even though the World’s Largest Arms Dealer the USA supplied him with many of these chemical agents. It is also worth noting that many of the IED’s (Improvised Explosive Devices) in use in Iraq, which are to this day killing and maiming US soldiers, are made with US supplied munitions. Iraq is awash with arms depots full of American supplied bullets, bombs and explosives, which to date have killed 3803 US soldiers and wounded 27753 with horrific results.
The reason you have a problem with this is because you don't understand it.

One day, you might make a friend. One day, that friend might be in need. At that moment, you have the choice to do what the U.S. did for it's friend Iraq and give them what they need to get by. In doing so, you take the chance that someday your friend might turn on you.

What are you going to do? Hate yourself for the rest of your life because your friend turned on you? Of course not. However, that's what you're trying to say by pretending like our old friendship with Iraq means something.

Grow up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2008, 08:39 PM
 
4,247 posts, read 9,349,472 times
Reputation: 1461
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
The reason you have a problem with this is because you don't understand it.

One day, you might make a friend. One day, that friend might be in need. At that moment, you have the choice to do what the U.S. did for it's friend Iraq and give them what they need to get by. In doing so, you take the chance that someday your friend might turn on you.

What are you going to do? Hate yourself for the rest of your life because your friend turned on you? Of course not. However, that's what you're trying to say by pretending like our old friendship with Iraq means something.

Grow up.
A red herring and an insult. Is that what you do when you cannot think of an intelligent response? And what's with all the personal remarks, like you even know me? Wow. I didn't realize you had a PhD in psychology. Do tell.

At any rate, you cannot divert the topic from the PRIMARY issue (in my post) that the US DID supply WMD to Iraq which was used to kill innocent Iraqis and is also killing our troops!

Now, if you'd like to come back in an intelligible way and actually respond to these points without using language like "hate yourself, "friendship," we actually might be able to have a discussion. Otherwise, signing off here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2008, 08:43 PM
 
Location: In NASCAR World
166 posts, read 103,728 times
Reputation: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeet View Post
Here’s one you may have missed….BUSH cancels the Kyoto Protocol, claiming there’s no such thing as global warming — PUTTING THE ENTIRE PLANET IN JEPARDY!

But there is no such thing as global warming. At least not man made.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2008, 08:46 PM
 
Location: In NASCAR World
166 posts, read 103,728 times
Reputation: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeet View Post
Yeah, polar caps melting, ocean levels rising, weather spiraling out of control - it's funny, right? - really funny.

It's knida funny that people are so easily led, that a bunch of money hungry scientists and politicians can actually convince people that this is happening. That is extremely comical, but sad at the same time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2008, 08:48 PM
 
Location: In NASCAR World
166 posts, read 103,728 times
Reputation: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
Bush Saves the World! -- Replaces WH bedroom lights with energy saving fluorescents.

But then the light bulbs break, spilling mercury all over the WH causing major health issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2008, 08:51 PM
 
Location: In NASCAR World
166 posts, read 103,728 times
Reputation: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
Define "open border" . . . . and when was the last time a Mexican or Canadian blew up a US building?

It is not the Mexican, but the terrorist that flies to Mexico, so he can walk across the border untouched that blows up buildings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2008, 08:54 PM
 
Location: In NASCAR World
166 posts, read 103,728 times
Reputation: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeet View Post
Bush accomplished the deaths of approximately a million Iraqi citizens and over 4,000 American soldiers, for no good reason.

I am not for the war, but I don't hate Bush and I can't imagine where you got same crazy number like 1 million Iraqi's dead. Are you including all the ones that Sadam killed before we went in there or do those not count?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top