Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you had a meal at the home of the opposite race?
Under 18- I'm white- yes, I've eaten at a black person's home 1 2.22%
Under 18- I'm black- yes, I've eaten at a white person's home 1 2.22%
18 to 30- I'm white- yes, I've eaten at a black person's home 6 13.33%
18 to 30- I'm black- yes, I've eaten at a white person's home 6 13.33%
30 to 45- I'm white- yes, I've eaten at a black person's home 14 31.11%
30 to 45- I'm black- yes, I've eaten at a white person's home 5 11.11%
45- 59- I'm white- yes, I've eaten at a black person's home 5 11.11%
45- 59- I'm black- yes, I've eaten at a white person's home 3 6.67%
Over 60- I'm white- yes, I've eaten at a black person's home 4 8.89%
Over 60- I'm black- yes, I've eaten at a white person's home 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 08:31 PM

207 posts, read 704,656 times

Advertisements

I love to entertain and I do it often. My family is multicultural and I can honestly say I can not remember a dinner, BBQ or party at my house when there were not people from various races. I have also been to dinners, weddings, BBQ & other functions at houses of various people who were from various races.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 08:46 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,195,863 times
When I lived in California race never seemed to matter, my two best friends were a gay black man and a woman of Japanese descent. I recently moved to Detroit and it's so segregated I never see different races hanging out together, it's strange and I don't like it at all.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:07 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,601,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I recently moved to Detroit and it's so segregated I never see different races hanging out together, it's strange and I don't like it at all.
Wow I'm surprised and sad to hear that. I'm originally from the Detroit area and that is where I had the most black friends.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:43 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,195,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
Wow I'm surprised and sad to hear that. I'm originally from the Detroit area and that is where I had the most black friends.
What area did you live in? I'm wondering if part of it is that I am currently living in a working class area of the city, there is a racial mix of white, black, and middle eastern, but I don't really fit in with anyone and most people keep to themselves. I have started to meet some people who live downtown and in the more progressive suburbs, I see more racial integration in those areas.

Old 05-02-2008, 08:23 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,601,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
What area did you live in? I'm wondering if part of it is that I am currently living in a working class area of the city, there is a racial mix of white, black, and middle eastern, but I don't really fit in with anyone and most people keep to themselves. I have started to meet some people who live downtown and in the more progressive suburbs, I see more racial integration in those areas.

Detshen, I lived right around 8 Mile on the east side for most of my life, I only spent 2 years actually living in the city of Detroit. I also lived near Mt. Clemens and the surrounding areas. Most of my black friends live in Mt. Clemens, Auburn Hills, Pontiac, Roseville, Detroit, and I have one friend that lives in Highland Park. I met most of my friends through work or through other friends. One of my jobs took me traveling quite a bit throughout the U.S. and that is where I met the majority of my friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies