Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2020, 10:36 AM

2,400 posts, read 754,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
LOL, wow, now that's some really hilarious communist propaganda. I wonder how many people are legitimately dumb enough to buy any of it.

Anyway, you are doing a great service for your communist masters, keep it up kiddo.
Yeah, beyond disgusting.

Old 07-27-2020, 10:42 AM

8,956 posts, read 2,554,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
Yeah, beyond disgusting.
Just a reminder that anyone who is a communist supporter is the moral equivalent of a Nazi and should be treated as such. Now whatever that means to you is whatever that means.

Old 07-27-2020, 10:42 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,820,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
China is not really authoritarian. Not more so than other countries the West has no problems with, like Saudi-Arabia for instance. Would China cease to be considered authoritarian if it decided to call itself a kingdom or empire? I think it is naive and silly to think the whole world needs to do that stupid election and party thing, like in the West. If a country does fine without it, so be it. That is actually one reason for the whole war on China, the West can't handle the idea that a non-democratic country is successful because the West spreads democracy in order to weaken countries. As we can see around the world, political parties and elections drive wedges into society, make them go back and forth between left and right, etc. No long-term reliability, but a hateful society that confused politics with a football match, that is all about winning.
And what's the point of democracy, when it yields a rogue state, anyway, because of a rogue populace? One can see that in the US, Brazil, Israel etc.

There is a kind of power struggle between the Chinese president and the prime minister.
How do you feel about China censoring their internet?

Old 07-27-2020, 10:45 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,734,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
This is so 2019, after years of testimony from escaped prisoners, China no longer denies the existence of such camps, they also dont deny the so called reeducation policies which for example forces Uighurs to house communist officials on their home for supervisions.

https://www.foreign.senate.gov/imo/m..._Testimony.pdf
China has not denied the existence of reeducation camps. But of concentration camps as Reuters called them.

Uighurs themselves take part in the reeducation.
I am not saying I am a fan of such steps, but what is the alternative? Having terrorist attacks like in Europe every couple of months because Muslim radicals can't control themselves and because the state doesn't take preventive action, like in France or Belgium?
Where there is Islam, there are problems. It is a religion prone to radicalism.

Uighurs have been fighting the Chinese for hundreds of years, it is not a new phenomenon. Some Uighurs want steal a part of China and turn it into East Turkestan. Should China simply sit back and watch? I don't think so.
The US invaded Muslim countries after 9/11, killed countless civilians in the process.
The Chinese try to defeat terrorists in a civilian way instead.

The best thing the West could do is tell the Uighurs very clearly that the world will never recognize an independent East Turkestan. That would take the wind out of radicals' sails and they would have to start to live with the Han.

Some say, the Han should not move to Uighur territory. Then again, western China is not an Uighur museum. Even the US human rights declaration expressly states that any citizen has the right to settle anywhere within his or her country.
The Han are actually helping the Uighurs, the capital Urumchi is booming.

Old 07-27-2020, 10:47 AM

31,009 posts, read 22,051,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Being pro-China is not going to win you much support for more reasons than can be listed here.

It is a communist country with an oppressive government. You are not going to convince anyone that's a good thing.
I knew China sent plants to the US, but right here on CD! Amazing

Old 07-27-2020, 10:49 AM

31,009 posts, read 22,051,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Just a reminder that anyone who is a communist supporter is the moral equivalent of a Nazi and should be treated as such. Now whatever that means to you is whatever that means.
So True, but they have done wonders for population control!

6,218 posts, read 7,726,480 times
Hmmm, China today.......

27 of 31 provinces under water, dams bursting. Sadly when the 3 gorges dam goes, literally millions will die.

What isn't under water, is being eaten by locusts.

Not only dealing with the rampant Covid they unleashed on the world, but swine flu, dengue fever, and bubonic plague.

I think the OP should move back there immediately. Asssuming he isn't there already.......I hear misery loves company.

The entire world's health and economy is in the crapper, thanks to China.

China, a paraiah to the universe.

CN

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
How do you feel about China censoring their internet?
Actually, I like the Great Firewall as it is called. I read an interesting article on that the other day, why they had to implement it.

Free speech is an illusion, it exists nowhere on the planet. What people say/write can have serious consequences anywhere, be it in China, the US, Europe.
Just yesterday I read that 62% of Americans are afraid to say what they think because of possible consequences.

https://www.cato.org/publications/su...e-afraid-share

Old 07-27-2020, 10:52 AM

174 posts, read 61,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
China is actually a much more decent, benevolent country than the US.
Wow.
I really don't know what else to say.

Actually scratch that, I DO...
How about you move to China and criticize Xi Jinping in the same way that you are permitted to criticize Trump here in America and get back to us about how much more decent and benevolent China is?

Old 07-27-2020, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
So True, but they have done wonders for population control!
The 1-child policy did not apply to Uighurs by the way, they were exempt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies