U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 02:52 PM

19,500 posts, read 20,859,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I've acquired even more property, latest home 6,000 sf, it takes a heck of a lot of energy to heat that home, thereby helping to warm things up.

oohh fight global warming.. not help it.. mmm

I'm down to one gas guzzler vehicle, not 2, (only because the 2nd one was wrecked)..
Have the wreck buried. The rust will feed the earth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 03:02 PM

69,372 posts, read 55,398,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Have the wreck buried. The rust will feed the earth.
I'm going to leave it out front, fill it with dirt, and use it for a flower bed, my neighbors would love that in the new neighborhood.. haha.

I'm already hearing my only car cry about being lonely, I'll make sure my next one will be a huge gas guzzler.. gotta help out the planet you know and encourage less people to drive by helping to raise the price of fuel...

Old 05-01-2008, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'm going to leave it out front, fill it with dirt, and use it for a flower bed, my neighbors would love that in the new neighborhood.. haha.

I've seen something like that....

Old 05-01-2008, 07:05 PM

955 posts, read 1,953,531 times
I haven't flown in ten years. I live without air conditioning.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:34 AM

25,107 posts, read 35,153,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpperPeninsulaRon View Post
I haven't flown in ten years. I live without air conditioning.
May I ask - what part of the country do you live in?

Old 05-02-2008, 11:06 AM

3,144 posts, read 7,340,439 times
Once I heard that the waste engine oil you return is just burned up for heat in special furnaces at shops, I dug a hole in the back of my garage and have been pouring my used engine oil in it ever since.

Old 05-02-2008, 11:18 AM

714 posts, read 1,693,580 times
I try to hold in my farts. Farts produce methane in some people; methane is a potent greenhouse gas.

Old 05-02-2008, 11:35 AM

845 posts, read 2,477,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpoeppel View Post
I try to hold in my farts. Farts produce methane in some people; methane is a potent greenhouse gas.
Keep up the good work. I am glad to see you are doing your part to be "green". I just hope you dont spontaneously combust and release a giant cloud of methane that will choke off all live on earth as we know it!

Old 05-02-2008, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpoeppel View Post
This is good in moderation. Be careful of side-effects, however.

Old 05-03-2008, 01:48 AM

139 posts, read 385,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell Phillips View Post
This is not a serious thread; albeit that it addresses the most serious issue facing all of us. We can no longer act like a petulant child - as made clear at the global climate summit last year. Moreover, if we fail to assume our proper leadership role on global warming, we face increasing isolation on the most important issue facing the world. Every other issue (i.e., the war on terrorism, the economy, etc.) is dwarfed by the catastrophic consequences posed by global warming. It is a frightening prospect, and very real. We can see the ice melting at an accelerating pace, and we know what is sure to follow; and yet we fail to act to stop the pollution that is the precipitating cause of the impending ecological disaster. It will be late to counsel then or pray when the devastation brought about by abrupt climate change has been visited upon us. It is no joke - as you shall soon see.
Global warming has been proven many times to be a fraudulent crime by Al Gore. If global warming did exist, the rest of the planets wouldn't be going through global warming. It is a known fact that other planets are heating up too.

I can remember the theories of the coming "ICE AGE" back in the early 70's.

Could there be something in common with all the planets in our solar system that might cause them all to warm at the same time??

By the way, I do use CFB in my home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or