U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 04:34 PM

91 posts, read 107,807 times

Advertisements

i dont know why people are flaming the democrats. bush is a republican and he is killing this country! he is cutting services for people with disabilities, he forbids bringing stuff like toothpaste, perfumes, shampoos, deodorants, and colognes on commercial air travel (it is ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE to make explosives out of things like colognes, perfumes, toothpaste, shampoos, and deodorants!!!) he declared war on the WRONG COUNTRY (iraq, which had absolutely nothing to do with 9-11) also, because of bush's ignorance, crime is skyrocketing in many areas across the country, many police forces have gone corrupt, and worse, he made victims of hurricane katrina wait months and even years for any kind of help. because of his corruption, FEMA took months and months just to get aid to new orleans, let alone the entire north gulf coast. it is time, for sure, to get a new and better president and new politics for this country, preferrably democratic, as democrats stand for people who work and deserve what they get, republicans only cater to people that are rich and famous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2006, 05:51 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,151,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelychicagoan View Post
i dont know why people are flaming the democrats. bush is a republican and he is killing this country! he is cutting services for people with disabilities, he forbids bringing stuff like toothpaste, perfumes, shampoos, deodorants, and colognes on commercial air travel (it is ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE to make explosives out of things like colognes, perfumes, toothpaste, shampoos, and deodorants!!!) he declared war on the WRONG COUNTRY (iraq, which had absolutely nothing to do with 9-11) also, because of bush's ignorance, crime is skyrocketing in many areas across the country, many police forces have gone corrupt, and worse, he made victims of hurricane katrina wait months and even years for any kind of help. because of his corruption, FEMA took months and months just to get aid to new orleans, let alone the entire north gulf coast. it is time, for sure, to get a new and better president and new politics for this country, preferrably democratic, as democrats stand for people who work and deserve what they get, republicans only cater to people that are rich and famous.
UM drugs are bad for you. Cutting services is good it means less spending. And YES you can make a bomb out of these things. Go to any Barns and Noble and read a book on bomb making. They have them in stock normally. BOTH PARTIES VOTED FOR THE WAR. How do DEMS always forget the true facts. As far as Katrina he couldn't go into the state until THE DEMOCRATIC GOV declared a state of emergency. I know 1 friend of mine was actually at the state line with A 18 wheeler full of fresh water when the storm hit provided by fema him and 22 other trucks of supplies could not enter until a state of emergency was declared. WHICH THE DEM GOV DID #3 DAYS AFTER BUSH CALLED AND ASKED IF THEY WANTED HELP. This is a screwed up law that keeps the feds out of state Laws yes but it is a law. So learn the facts before you speak. Crime on the rise what about WACO and the other countless crimes Clinton did.Crime rises and falls regardless of the president. Actually when dems are in control they let criminals free due to them cutting spending on Jails. At least the Republicans keep them locked up. DEM presidents tax and spend they are not for the working class no more than the Republicans are. They are for the poor and the non working class. If you work they just take your money and give it to those that don't deserve it. Welfare bums and the like. Dems also make laws that force ppl to do things because they want to make them safe. SEAT BELT LAWS ? Freedom of religon Not with dems. Again waco. Right to bar arms NOT with dems UNLESS YOUR A CRIMINAL. And The DEMS very rarly incarserate criminals. Slap on the rist and your free. Aside from getting your info from the news why don't you check out the parties web sites all of them not just the Dems and Republicans. you might find your not as dem as you think. Bush isn't a true conservative but he is judged as 1. I'm not saying your a republican but I'll bet your not a true dem either. Just by the way you talk it sounds like the info you get comes 1 sided. You should always look both ways before you cross the street. lol til next time Happy Holidays .

Old 12-27-2006, 06:19 PM

1,151 posts, read 3,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhyrnut View Post
Freedom of religon Not with dems. Again waco.
You're right nhyrnut, there is not one party that's right or wrong. BTW I've never heard someone associate religion with the cult from Waco.

Old 12-27-2006, 07:14 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,151,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noljos View Post
You're right nhyrnut, there is not one party that's right or wrong. BTW I've never heard someone associate religion with the cult from Waco.
Might not have been our prefered type of religon but it was there's.

Old 12-27-2006, 11:13 PM

454 posts, read 639,833 times
Quote:
Thank you so much! I spent Christmas eve in the hospital with a kidney stone, could not finish my Christmas shopping, was drugged up on Christmas day and slept most of it away. I needed a laugh in my day and you have given it to me in spades .

Per chance you are actually serious about this , then I guess I should give some serious response, but I will take it easy on you due to my now jovial mood.

So, He's cutting services for disabled people. Hadn't heard that. Please explain how he, who has no legal ability to pass a budget, per our constitution, can cut or raise anything?

Ok. Now, he forbids bringing liquids on airplanes. Was this by law or executive order? As a matter of fact I don't remember him forbidding it. I remember that it was ordered because of something that happened. Can you tell me what it was the happened (PS. this is a test).

Iraq - we'll wait for history on this one.

Crime is skyrocketing because Bush is ignorant. So, bad guys out there are doing crime because Bush is not intellegent. Oh, PLEASE tell me more about this .

Katrina - people waiting years? Dude. It was only like 15 months ago. But of course, Bush should have known about Katrina in 2000, so he is way behind on this one.

FEMA took months and months to get relief to Katrina victims? I think that was actually days and days, but again, FEMA should have been on scene sometime in 2000, so....

Now, here is the time for thinking. Impeachment. First off, a test. Without looking at Google or any other web site, or asking anyone, tell me: What does a president have to do to be impreached? Secondly, based on the laws of our country, what in your rant above rises to the level of impeachment?

I will say, if you represent the typical person supported by the democrat party, I can tell you I am relieved that I am a republican. I am however, confused in that I am not even close to rich. Not sure how that works, but then again I am not sure how much of what you said does.

again, thanks for the laugh.

Old 12-27-2006, 11:57 PM

20,005 posts, read 68,055,305 times
[Now, here is the time for thinking. Impeachment. First off, a test. Without looking at Google or any other web site, or asking anyone, tell me: What does a president have to do to be impreached? Secondly, based on the laws of our country, what in your rant above rises to the level of impeachment?

Clinton might have something to say about impeachment.

Old 12-28-2006, 12:03 AM

153 posts, read 639,541 times
Quote:
You've really got to get your facts straight. You can't blame everything going on in the country on one single person.

1. He isn't cutting any services. Congress is, all he's doing is signing it. Plus if he IS cutting services - more power to him. This country uses the government as a crutch far to much, it's about time we start cutting instead of adding services.

2. He doesn't issue orders that forbid you to take things on aircraft. The department of transportation, homeland security, or the FAA do. Do you really think that the leader of the free world sits behinds his desk and decides what you can bring on to an airplane? Wanna blame someone? Try an agency. Plus, had some idiot managed to get an explosive on board an aircraft in one of these forms - we wouldn't be having this discussion.

American's need to start facing the reality that in order to maintain the safety of the national transportation system you'll need to give up a few rights. I don't mind being searched - it is those doing something illegal who need to worry.

3. As for Iraq, I'll wait for history on this one as well. Frankly I'll wait for history's judgment on Bush. They HATED Reagan back in the 80's when he was President and he was attacked ruthlessly in the media - but history has given him the benefit of the doubt.

4. Do you honestly believe that the President has ANYTHING to do with local crime, state problems, or corruption? I swear - some people think that the President of the United States has his hands in EVERYTHING when in reality he has very little influence on local problems unless he targets them directly. Want to blame someone for your local problems? Try your local governor or even better your local mayor.

Honestly, if you think the Democrats will do a better job - you're nuts. There are so many things that the federal politicians have nothing to do with, and so much where it is the locals who screwed up. Place the blame where blame is due.

Old 12-28-2006, 08:02 AM

454 posts, read 639,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by politikally View Post
You've really got to get your facts straight. You can't blame everything going on in the country on one single person.

You know, the more I think about this, the more I believe that the original post was satire of the highest kind. I love humor, and one way to get a point across is to take a position that is so wildly outside the realm of believability, but so close to the wacky things being said by others, that it demonstrates the absurdity of a position, by simply being absurd.

If so, then my hats off to the lonely one in Chicago!

Old 12-28-2006, 09:06 AM

610 posts, read 2,918,680 times
Too late to impeach Bush. Too bad. Good strategy though - having a Veep who's scarier than the monster himself! I don't know who the first presidential-candidate was who buffaloed the masses and even talked them into helping with the not-undaunting task of pulling the wool over their own eyes!! I like to blame Reagan for it - but truly, I know someone else had to do it first. And don't you know? Just like Ronnie (liked his movies, by the way), they'll name an airport or some highway after Bush! Oh, Woe, Woe, Woe! Sorry folks, can't even blame congress for this one - have to blame ourselves for not shearing that wool properly years ago ... oh, and just to be an equal-opportunity basher - have we really seen anything better out of the democrats? Good Gravy Man, Mondale would still be a viable candidate!!?
So, though I could go back to the 40's and 50's when our pres was picked by a bunch of judges in corn-town, I'll start with the post Ford era ... democrat or repulican doesn't matter. 1)Nice guy with good morals and sense - just not a strong front-man 2)B-actor who everybody liked - great front man who's agenda destroyed this country economically - probably forever . 3)Some guy named George something-or-other who jumps out of planes now - after refusing to do it when I'd hoped he would, 4) A very wise and good-intentioned fella, fantastic front-man, who just couldn't keep his drawers to himself. 5)Son of Godzilla. Now, just why is it we're disillusioned??

Old 12-28-2006, 01:08 PM

14,506 posts, read 23,220,351 times
I am registered Republican and voted dem this year because of all the disgraceful scandals. Yes, both sides are corrupt. What choices do we have at this point?. Young men and children STILL dying in Iraq-for what? Gore Vidal stated that we are already in an imperialist , NOT democratic government.

Bush did cut Medicare and medicaid for critically and brain- injured patients in Florida- I don't know if it was across the board, but really, it was a disgrace- Whatever happened to compassion in this society? If your child is not brain injured, is no one concerned about the health care crisis?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies