Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2020, 02:02 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
"On Friday night, officers followed Pellerin on foot as he left a convenience store where he had created a disturbance with a knife, Louisiana State Police said. Stun guns failed to stop him, and the officers shot Pellerin as he tried to enter another convenience store, still with the knife, according to a news release."

They want 'racial justice' for this. What is racial justice and how is that different from justice? If a white guy had been walking around with a knife, couldn't be stopped with a stun gun, and walked into another store with the knife....I think that white guy would be shot. Does anyone really think a white guy would have gotten a red carpet treatment here? If I was in the convenience store, as an innocent person, I would be very happy to have police protecting me from a knife wielding person. Of course, a non-lethal outcome would be the best one, but it appears the police tried the stun gun. These groups marching for justice are not offering an alternative plan here. Had the guy stabbed five people in the convenience store, then what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2020, 03:59 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
"On Friday night, officers followed Pellerin on foot as he left a convenience store where he had created a disturbance with a knife, Louisiana State Police said. Stun guns failed to stop him, and the officers shot Pellerin as he tried to enter another convenience store, still with the knife, according to a news release."

They want 'racial justice' for this. What is racial justice and how is that different from justice? If a white guy had been walking around with a knife, couldn't be stopped with a stun gun, and walked into another store with the knife....I think that white guy would be shot. Does anyone really think a white guy would have gotten a red carpet treatment here? If I was in the convenience store, as an innocent person, I would be very happy to have police protecting me from a knife wielding person. Of course, a non-lethal outcome would be the best one, but it appears the police tried the stun gun. These groups marching for justice are not offering an alternative plan here. Had the guy stabbed five people in the convenience store, then what?
You need a full police barricade to surround the guy and prevent him from escaping. Then humanely let him in the police car without touching the guy. That's the new BLM world we live in today, where each criminal has more rights than the victim.

George Floyd = Criminal, using a fake $20. Resisting arrest, assault and battery in the past. But BLM thinks he's a saint.

Any criminals must be given the red carpet treatment and victims are ignored by the media. You can thank our thug culture.

Old 08-23-2020, 04:29 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post

These protesters don't even care anymore, they know that as long as they scream racism and show just the inflammatory bits where a Black person gets shot with no context at all, they will have the mainstream media on their side (as well as the SJW kooks on social media).

I posted a topic on this forum back in April of 2018, where a Black man in Brooklyn was shot by police and died. He was acting very irrationally on a public street which is why the police were called in the first place. The man eventually pointed what appeared at the time to be a silver, flashy object that looked very much like a gun. The police rightfully shot back in self defense. The object was eventually found to be a metal pipe but shaped to look like a gun. When I posted the topic, I made a comment along the lines that protests were sure to follow. A fellow poster seemed to take offense at that statement and took a snide shot at me. Well, lo and behold, eventually hundreds of protesters marched against this justifiable shooting.

Don't get me wrong, unlike some here, I have no qualms about posting about the bad things police do. But at the same time we have clearly reached a point in society where it doesn't matter if a Black person commits or is committing a crime, according to BLM and their ilk, the police have zero reason to engage in deadly force to protect themselves or other civilians. Utterly ludicrous, and a huge reason why there is more and more backlash against these groups.

Old 08-23-2020, 04:43 PM

550 posts, read 368,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Okay. Tell’em to go find another job with a 20 year retirement, Cadillac benefits and endless overtime that can run their salaries into the low six figs.

Go ahead.
New York has limited the number of officers submitting retirement papers to 400 a week because HR was overwhelmed. Years ago the benefits might have been enough to keep police but today’s Democrat party has made the job untenable.

Old 08-23-2020, 04:47 PM

5,981 posts, read 2,236,544 times
What other job is a police officer with a high school diploma going to get that comes close to their curent job?

SO you quit then work at amazon warehouse for $12 an hour, no retirement, and healthcare premiums 3X what they currently pay? Yea right.

Police officers always have the option to quit at any time like any other job / profession, but they know there is nothing else waiting that comes close.

Old 08-23-2020, 04:54 PM

227 posts, read 97,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
I think the police is a necessary thing, but some cops have a god-like attitude like they are above everybody else.
Do u not see all the Circle Jerking Going on in here? I wouldn't blame them either for feeling that way.

Old 08-23-2020, 05:25 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,784,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkchamps View Post
Do u not see all the Circle Jerking Going on in here? I wouldn't blame them either for feeling that way.
I don't know how any of that is relevant to what happened to me years ago. I am not black and wasn't a threat to them. Some of the cops I encountered were black and Asian. So it's not a black and white thing. It's more of a cops vs everybody else. Now that I really think about it, I don't blame the people who call for more police accountability.

Old 04-18-2021, 12:43 AM

34,053 posts, read 17,071,203 times
I do think the time has come for a massive amount of police to quit. In this environment, a disproportinate amount of cops will die in action.

That makes the job one to avoid at any and all costs.

Society no longer merits having police protection.

Old 04-18-2021, 04:10 AM

6,108 posts, read 3,344,280 times
Why should they quit? If I was a cop in say, Atlanta, I’d police exactly the way that the mayor wants, which is to do basically nothing. If a black perp starts running, or refuses to get in the police vehicle, let him go. Then go write some reports and get some coffee and donuts and forget about it.

I noticed that Noem said that South Dakota has hired over a thousand police from other states. So that’s what a policeman should do, find a state where they have your back at ALL times.

Old 04-18-2021, 08:27 AM

34,053 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Why should they quit?
Physical danger to themselves. The WH rhetoric IMO contributed to the atmosphere that led to Baton Rouge and several other police officer shootings in 2016, by portraying them as enemies. Long-term, I do think cops should recognize they are in danger. It is time to quit in massive numbers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_s...more%20rows%20
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies