Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 01:26 AM

62 posts, read 97,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
He was in the Marines...try not to be so ignorant of the topic.

You might come across as....well ignorant.
Ohh you got me there, good job. Still i fail to see how that changes the discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2008, 01:34 AM

21,615 posts, read 31,180,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
A Marine who survived being burned over more than 95 percent of his body in Iraq and established a charity to help burned children has died, the military has announced.
http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2008/US/05/02/obit.miracle.marine/art.german.ap.jpg (broken link)
Marine Sgt. Merlin German, seen in May 2007, died last month of complications after surgery.Sgt. Merlin German was 22.
He was severely wounded February 21, 2005, en route to Camp Ramadi when his Humvee hit a roadside bomb.

'Miracle Marine' dies after beating odds - CNN.com

Semper Fi Marine. You were, and are, an inspiration to your comrades
I'm against the war but can't be thankful enough for our troops.

So tragic and sad. Thanks for posting this. RIP

Old 05-10-2008, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
Glad I can make you laugh because your response made me laugh with all the misspelled words in your response. I guess I should realize that I am dealing with someone who needs to get a better education. Your handle worries me though; what kind of "justice" do you espouse?
Your reply is very typical. Like anyone who feels they made no point, you resort to attack my spelling ability. Hope you feel better about yourself now. As for my level of education, emm, well if you can beat my two masters degrees from the University of Illinois at Urbana (very reputable by the way) then Kudos to you. On the other hand speculating that I’m a Muslim cause of my view of the military actions in Iraq, (what you are really saying is that all Muslims hate the military) says a lot about your level of education.

Building and reconstructing Iraq you say, hah, you still believe that crap?!!! Let me take a guess, you are still watching fox news aren't you?!!!!

Check your facts, Saddam did not kill more Iraqis, no we did. I know it is hard for you to accept, but it is true. And when did we start comparing our actions to a brutal dictator.

Again despite all your meaningless patriotic rambling, NO, he was not defending my freedom. The last time the American army, navy, military whatever, did actually defend my freedom was in WWII. Since then we have only been engaging in killing others in the name of our freedom.

Yes, I as an American will have to pay a price for our stupidity, be it terrorism, being hated all over the world, or looked at as ignorant self loving people. I guess you either don't care, or you have not left your state. But for me, it is something I have to deal with a lot.

So if you have a good counter point please do enlighten me, but if you are going to waste my time and yours telling me about my spelling cause I did not use the magical spell check, while your spelling is totally perfect even without it, then don't bother.

Old 05-10-2008, 06:54 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisjusticeman View Post
Ohh you got me there, good job. Still i fail to see how that changes the discussion.
It points out your ignorance of the topic at hand....

Old 05-10-2008, 06:56 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
When were you last in Iraq by the way?

Just wondering how you know how much has been rebuilt or what is going on....

Old 05-10-2008, 07:17 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Not really, for all i remember, i was till able to do that before we attacked Iraq, during and after. So your point is?!!!!!
For the record, it was his serving in Iraq that made him a hero, it was his attitude, and his actions AFTER being wound so severely.

Even though he endured so many surgeries - a and faced so many more, this mans positive attitude was an inspiration to so many - He faced his disabilities - and helped others face theirs

This makes him a hero -

Old 05-10-2008, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
It points out your ignorance of the topic at hand....
As always, shallow answers. You would think one would learn a thing or two being on here.

Old 05-10-2008, 10:19 PM

Quote:
For the record, it was his serving in Iraq that made him a hero, it was his attitude, and his actions AFTER being wound so severely.

Even though he endured so many surgeries - a and faced so many more, this mans positive attitude was an inspiration to so many - He faced his disabilities - and helped others face theirs

This makes him a hero -
I respect your views, and have no problem with it. All i'm saying while this kind of action might suite your idea of what a hero is, it sure does not fit mine. No harm done.

Old 05-12-2008, 09:02 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,117,119 times
Quote:
Your reply is very typical. Like anyone who feels they made no point, you resort to attack my spelling ability. Hope you feel better about yourself now. As for my level of education, emm, well if you can beat my two masters degrees from the University of Illinois at Urbana (very reputable by the way) then Kudos to you. On the other hand speculating that I’m a Muslim cause of my view of the military actions in Iraq, (what you are really saying is that all Muslims hate the military) says a lot about your level of education.

I'm not attacking your spelling ability. I am attacking your inability to spell. 2 Master's Degrees at UIU, huh? Get your money back pal. Not impressed. I find it funny that everyone on these kinds of boards has multiple college degrees, is a rich CEO, is a triple-degree black belt in Tae-Kwon-Do, and/or is married to a model all by the age of 26. Impressive.

I speculated that you are a Muslim because of your other posts in other forums. All of these posts clearly show a pro-Muslim bias. Does this mean you are a Muslim? No. But if I had to bet on it, I would bet that you are Muslim.

Building and reconstructing Iraq you say, hah, you still believe that crap?!!! Let me take a guess, you are still watching fox news aren't you?!!!!

Hmm. According to you I am wrong. So, what did you see when you were in Iraq since the reports I occasionally see on Fox, CBS, and ABC about reconstruction efforts in Iraq are clearly fabricated? When did you get back from Iraq anyway? Was travel difficult? How long was your stay in Iraq and what parts of Iraq were you in? I find it neat that someone has first-hand knowledge of what is going on there and am very curious to hear from an actual observer.

Check your facts, Saddam did not kill more Iraqis, no we did. I know it is hard for you to accept, but it is true. And when did we start comparing our actions to a brutal dictator.

Please check your facts, er, phony stats that you want to believe in. If it's true, show me. You know he gassed his own people, right? Anyway, you even acknowledge that he was a brutal dictator. When did we start comparing actions? We do to show that SOME good has come from us being there by getting rid of a brutal dictator. You think some of Iraq's fellow Muslim countries would have helped??? Should we leave Iraq? Of course. ASAP. But it's not going to happen tomorrow, so we need to do it the right way and hold Iraq more accountable for taking over their own government/country.

Again despite all your meaningless patriotic rambling, NO, he was not defending my freedom. The last time the American army, navy, military whatever, did actually defend my freedom was in WWII. Since then we have only been engaging in killing others in the name of our freedom.

Anyone who volunteers for the military is signing up to defend your freedom. The minute they sign and enlist, they take the first step in doing so and will go wherever is necessary to do so. This is much bigger than Iraq.

Yes, I as an American will have to pay a price for our stupidity, be it terrorism, being hated all over the world, or looked at as ignorant self loving people. I guess you either don't care, or you have not left your state. But for me, it is something I have to deal with a lot.

You are worried about being hated by those all over the world and are complaining that YOU are going to have to pay the price for our "stupidity" yet you fail to see the irony about being looked at "self-loving". You are the one being selfish and self-centered. Tell you what, if you are Muslim, why don't you engage some of your fellow Muslim brethren and aggressively stand against terrorism that is practiced by certain members of your religion? Why don't you make it clear to those in the Middle East that America, while not perfect, is a great place for all religions to practice their crafts? Why don't people like you take the reigns to "bridge" the differences between our worlds? If you aren't Muslim, well, forget what I wrote.

I wonder how you feel we should protect our own country from terrorism? Do you feel we should be aggressive or are you one of those "protect me but don't hurt anyone or violate anyone's civil rights"?

So if you have a good counter point please do enlighten me, but if you are going to waste my time and yours telling me about my spelling cause I did not use the magical spell check, while your spelling is totally perfect even without it, then don't bother.
I've had plenty of good points. I am still waiting for you to offer a legitimate point to which I can even have a counter-point. While I admit that bashing someone's spelling is pretty lame, it does give the reader an impression on the writer and in your case, the impression isn't terribly good. At least I know not to bother to send my kid to Illinois-Urbana.

Old 05-12-2008, 11:21 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,680,664 times
Quote:

Semper Fi Marine. You were, and are, an inspiration to your comrades

I applaud all people helping others...
Please do not refer to marines are comrades...
to close to communists.

Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies