Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 11:58 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,517,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I do not really care if they drill from crummy sludge oil in Alaska. I do not even really care if the Caribou like it or not. Nobody vacations in ANWR and nobody but an oil driller would go near the freezing place. It is probably the closest thing to Hell you will find on Earth.
That said, if you cons have ideas about drilling off the coast of Florida or Georgia, you had better start trading in your pickups for Toyotas or Hybrids because it ain't gonna happen! There are millions of people that live along these coast and millions of more of us that go to the beaches there often and if you think for even a second that we would stand by and watch an oil well being built there, you have another thought coming! It AIN'T gonna happen!
Our idea of a weekend at the beach does not include swimming in an oil slick or watching dead birds roll up on the beach. Somebody pass that message on to Hannity please!
Yeah those floridians have been REALLY worried about preserving the ecosystems and nature of that state! For decades they have been ruining the natural coastline with those retarded condos and hotels, draining natural swampland, builing docks and breakwaters that impede the natural movement of the sands along the coast and have trmendous sprawl in their cities. So don't try and act like Florida all of a sudden gives a crap about the environment because they are one big ecological catastrophy. I bet you are going to try and tell me that the condos and man made beaches are a boost to the economy and are alright, well the oil drilling is also good for the econamy too. You have no argument here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2008, 12:50 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
I heard about teh cubans too. When gas gets high enogh that people really suffer then they will want to drill evrywhere.Californis needs the money and florida will not have much tourist trasde and will need the jobs and money. Its all just a matter of time.

Old 05-26-2008, 03:59 PM

630 posts, read 1,294,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
When I was a kid, we vacationed every year at a beach just south of Santa Barbara. From that beach, we could see several drilling platforms. The only evidence of that we ever saw on the beach was the occasional little ball of tar.
I remember the balls of tar, thanks for jogging my mem also. Heres a little fact most people even in carp or sb might not know. The ocean out here naturally seepes oil(tar) from the ocean's floor. hmm something to think about for all the hippies . Those oil drilling platforms aren't doing any harm to the enviroment or anything. The inviroment itself spills oil. So what now. let em drill on our soil. If i have to go vacation and see drillers in the ocean so be it. In the future it would be because of them ( oil drilling companies) i can afford my vacation .

Old 05-26-2008, 04:03 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
I do not really care if they drill from crummy sludge oil in Alaska. I do not even really care if the Caribou like it or not. Nobody vacations in ANWR and nobody but an oil driller would go near the freezing place. It is probably the closest thing to Hell you will find on Earth.
That said, if you cons have ideas about drilling off the coast of Florida or Georgia, you had better start trading in your pickups for Toyotas or Hybrids because it ain't gonna happen! There are millions of people that live along these coast and millions of more of us that go to the beaches there often and if you think for even a second that we would stand by and watch an oil well being built there, you have another thought coming! It AIN'T gonna happen!
Our idea of a weekend at the beach does not include swimming in an oil slick or watching dead birds roll up on the beach. Somebody pass that message on to Hannity please!
Where is your righteous anger about the hotels being built along the beach destroying the natural beauty?
Where is your anger at the waste of tax payers dollars everytime a hurricane wipes out the homes along the coast and the fed pays to rebuild. Property at such risk that no private insurers will cover for hurricanes or natural disaters.
You don't seem to have a problem with the rest of america footing that bill.
I say drill. There are plenty of beaches for the floridians to hit. I know I lived there for awhile.
Georgia: Georgia has also benefited from America's generosity especially during the drought. Drill there too.
In my area they are drilling for natural gas. I say let them drill if it will help my country.

Old 05-26-2008, 04:42 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
When we have the ability to manufacture more sustainable options (solar panels for roofs). We have an obesity epidemic that would benefit if everyone biked and walked more. I'd like to know why we should drill other oil reserves at all?
um.. because its there and there is no other alternative feasible yet..

I have yet to ever hear of a reason to just leave it where it is..

Old 05-26-2008, 04:44 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Supreme Court Hears Exxon Case : NPR

When it takes 20 years for damages to occur, I doubt oil companies care about you and me. They just gotta hold it up in court until we're dead and gone or give up.
So your saying that oil companies should not be allowed to dispute the amount of fines they should pay?

Old 05-26-2008, 04:51 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,093,442 times
Uh, I'm not sure why all the liberal-bash. I'm pretty liberal and I'm as pro-drilling as they come. Drill in Alaska, drill in my backyard, drill in Florida and in Georgia. Maybe many other liberals oppose it, but I'll lead the charge!

By the way, to the original poster: You better hope you can see those oil derricks -- I bet people in Louisiana wish they could because they've been drilling for oil for years there, however, more than 3 miles off the coast -- just enough so that the U.S. government doesn't owe Louisiana sh*t!

Not wanting oil rigs when you've got unnatural beauty already is simply absurd. Atleast reap the benefits of it -

Old 05-26-2008, 04:56 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
Quote:
I'm a conservative and consider Shawn Hannity worthless. He's a mouthpiece for Bush.

Old 05-26-2008, 08:15 PM

413 posts, read 782,586 times
A Slippery Moment for Mexican Oil
Quote:
Reform is urgent: Oil output in Mexico, the world’s No. 6 producer of crude, is plummeting. At the Cantarell field, the country’s main source of oil, production is declining 15% annually. Pemex pumped 2.85 million barrels a day in March, down from 3.18 million a year ago, and proven reserves have fallen from 25 billion barrels in 1999 to just 14 billion today. Unless new reserves are found quickly, Mexico—which accounts for 11% of U.S. oil imports—could stop exporting within a decade.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:31 AM

2 posts, read 4,645 times
Default Already Drilled

Quote:
>>>> America simply has need of incorporating via un-caping our reservoirs already drilled. No muss no fuss. This misunderstanding is working against our economy not our eco system. Open your mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies