U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 08:17 PM

13 posts, read 16,123 times
Most racist- Buffalo NY. the people are not only racist to the black people there but the older white population and the police look down on the college kids (black whute, asian, etc). they generalize them as no good kids who are just there to party, get drunk and be irresponsible.

Least racist-baby, so diverse, no one is bothering u.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:19 PM

13 posts, read 16,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyviv419 View Post
Most racist- Buffalo NY. the people are not only racist to the black people there but the older white population and the police look down on the college kids (black whute, asian, etc). they generalize them as no good kids who are just there to party, get drunk and be irresponsible.

Least racist-baby, so diverse, no one is bothering u.
I meant to say NYC baby, so diverse..no one is bothering you

Old 06-12-2010, 07:11 AM

3,957 posts, read 2,483,011 times
I don't know that the methodology used by the OP really tells you anything. There are millions of people in most states and you can just happen to run into some a-hole while visiting and that would be a poor sampling to judge the whole state by. Furthermore, I am not sure what your definition of "Racism" is. A lot of people use that term and don't really know what the official definition is. Why not just say the most prejudice states? There is a distinction between prejudice and racism...and that is why the two different terms exists. Finally, I would say that the best way to glean racism is to see how integrated the residential and public schools are. Racist people generally don't like integrating their children. Schools are one of the most important aspects to where people choose to live and race, by intent or effect plays a large role in what schools are considered good or bad. So I would say look at the metropolitan areas that are most segregated residentially and or in the public school system. One final note, just because people are nice and friendly does not mean they are not racist and just because someone is mean and an a-hole does not mean that they are racist.

Old 06-27-2010, 11:51 PM

1 posts, read 4,129 times
If you've read the Mormon Bible you would find that it states that the reason the Native American's skin color is "red" is because they are cursed by God. Sorry if that isn't racist then I don't know either. I personaly have lived their for quite a bit of my life and I've only experenice the area where the not so well off people live and know how people look down at them-not only because of their skin color but because of their finacial situation.

Old 06-30-2010, 01:33 PM

1 posts, read 4,112 times
As an American born/raised East Indian guy, I would say from personal experience that Pennsylvania is definitely the most racist state in the United States. I have travelled all over the world and the US and have experienced the most prejudice/racism (both subtle and overt) throughout Pennsylvania than anywhere else I've ever been. Pennsylvania is an extremely socially/politically conversative, predominanty white state that attracts very few outsiders (I reside in the central part of the state, near York). There are very few, if any minorities in PA that have professional jobs. Also, in PA the whites really believe in preserving their race. Therefore there is almost no interracial dating at all.

Old 06-30-2010, 03:42 PM

2,672 posts, read 1,534,465 times
I live in Tulsa and can tell the OP that he would probably be treated like anyone else, depending upon what part of town or who he was with. I'm Native American and have never had a problem in Tulsa. LOL, except when I was in junior high. it was the early 70's and my JH was 80% African American and there were many riots going on across the nation. However, I still have friends from those days. Tulsa is fine for the most part.

Now.........Elk City is in the western part of the state. I lived there until I was almost 11. That is one racist, bigoted place out there. And from what my neice (who looks White since she's only a 1/4 NDN) tells me it's still a racist area. I believe her. You could not drag me out there to live.

My sophmore year in HS I lived about 50 miles west of the OK/TX border (yep, 50 miles from Elk City) and those people were super nice.

Have lived in Easten Washington and there can be some racial tension there, but I never faced it. Lived in Seattle and that city is just awesome.

Old 06-30-2010, 03:44 PM

2,672 posts, read 1,534,465 times
Oh yeah, meant to say that I've lived on Northern Cheyenne Reservation in Montana. Montana use to be bad, but as an adult I've always been treated very well when I was in the state. I love Montana.

Old 06-30-2010, 03:50 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,202,409 times
Well, I am not an AA, but the least racist areas are the Florida penisula, followed by all of California.

Old 07-31-2010, 04:30 PM

4,405 posts, read 4,143,086 times
Maybe Alaska, due to lack of negative history, like civil war conflict, or hostile takeover, like Hawaii.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies