U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 07:35 AM

2,914 posts, read 4,243,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Delta Planter I guess this explains why macho people generally are stupid?
Because they generally believe that playing a defensive strategy is only for cowards.

I guess you at least picked an apt name; ya should indeed only be called Delta Planter and not Delta planner.
---
Typical, TD, especially coming from your end of the pit, the Netherlands. Did I write I'm "macho"? Nah, just an illusion on your part. I'd rather the US take it to them in their part of the world, than here in mine. Of course, you neanderthals in the Netherlands are already overrun with Muslims, so why are you whining, except that you are now on the defensive, having appeased your appeasers out the wazoo.

If you're going to attack my handle, what's with the "Tricky D", other than a play on Nixon?

As usual for you, you are no more than a troll, a naysayer, an attacker of all things foreign to your own way of thinking/doing, which is to lay down your arms, lay down your body, saying, "Here I am, walk on me!" Eh?

Oops, nearly forgot: Go, USA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2008, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Before we actually bomb, bomb, bomb, Iran we should be prepared to loose our aircraft carriers and other large ships. We have given the Iranians enough warning that they have very likely figured out how to target a moving carrier with a short-range ballistic missile. Also remember they have a number of electric submarines and the Persian Gulf is less than 300 miles wide and 50 at the Strait of Hormuz. Our fleet does not have a lot of maneuver room. It is counting on an overwhelming initial strike and I do not think we will have sufficient surprise.

All in all I think striking Iran is even dumber than invading Iraq. Striking Iran has no commercial, diplomatic, economic or military reason. It should not be done. If done it will likely cost us more than we can afford. The only reason for our attack is to continue the "endless war" as actions in Iran seem to be ending and are threatening our war mongers profits. Profits are NOT a good enough reason for WAR.
---
I tend to agree with you; however, I'd just like some clarification on your part, on your use of words, i.e., "loose". Are you writing "loose" as in moving ships of war up to the front lines, in a posturing position, or "loose" as in losing said ships of war? You're not really clear in your meaning, at least not to me.

When the USS Samuel B. Roberts was hit with the mines, President Reagan ordered a "surgical strike" against the Iranians and was highly successful. If in doubt, google or dogpile or whatever search engine you use on that ship. I've got the information; however, being copyrighted and with the mods herein being so picky, I don't have a link for the info. YMMV.

Go USA!

Old 05-05-2008, 07:51 AM

8,567 posts, read 14,776,446 times
Originally Posted by Delta Planter
Quote:
Typical, TD, especially coming from your end of the pit, the Netherlands. Did I write I'm "macho"?
You think that I only pick out the machos in a crowd when they have spelled it across their foreheads?
it just is a fact that macho's generally aren't strategically adept. That is mostly because they can’t analyse a problem objectively.

I can't help the fact that the Dutch are older than the US and have way more experience in successfully fighting wars and being diplomatic.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter You think that I only pick out the machos in a crowd when they have spelled it across their foreheads?
it just is a fact that macho's generally aren't strategically adept. That is mostly because they can’t analyse a problem objectively.

I can't help the fact that the Dutch are older than the US and have way more experience in successfully fighting wars and being diplomatic.
---
The Netherlands are only "free?" because of the US, i.e., remember the outcome of WW2? Way more experience? Experience is fine and dandy; however, it's what is current rather than historical that is pertinent.

You should really try to stay on subject, troll. But you can't, because "try" is a failure word, right out of the box.

Go USA!

Old 05-05-2008, 08:34 AM

Quote:
The Netherlands are only "free?" because of the US, i.e., remember the outcome of WW2?
I find it funny that Americans only wanna remember wars in which they had a victory, but glady forget the ones they lost.
But I guess I can’t blame ya, it is what all hard-core fans do.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:38 AM

25,107 posts, read 35,116,721 times
Will Iran be "bomb" (surgically attacked)? IMO, yes.

If Iran is attacked, will the United States do so unilaterally? IMO, No - nations including France, the UK and Germany will also participate

Does the United States need to have a Carrier Battle Group in the Gulf to attack Iran? IMO, no, they do not. US Carrier Battle Groups can be moved out of the Gulf prior to any attack -

Old 05-05-2008, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter I find it funny that Americans only wanna remember wars in which they had a victory, but glady forget the ones they lost.
But I guess I can’t blame ya, it is what all hard-core fans do.
---
Hard-core? Fan? Of wars? Well, troll, I'll admit to Vietnam, but it was initiated and ramped up by democrats, IF you remember. And why NOT remember the wars that were won, why dwell in defeat, that's the democratic way, ya know, to dwell in defeat? Are you old enough to remember, or are you but a child? Yeah, that's what I thought, a child in adult clothing.

So, enlighten me, troll, what other "wars" are you referring to? And if you can, get back to the original subject, if you can. Okay, troll?

Go USA!

Old 05-05-2008, 08:44 AM

Quote:
And why NOT remember the wars that were won, why dwell in defeat, that's the democratic way, ya know, to dwell in defeat?
When you only focus on your victories and forget all about your defeats you are doomed to repeat your mistakes.
FYI I'm not the only one who keeps wondering why America keeps repeating the same mistakes.
I'm (probably) just the only non-American here who doesn't mind talking about it.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Will Iran be "bomb" (surgically attacked)? IMO, yes.

If Iran is attacked, will the United States do so unilaterally? IMO, No - nations including France, the UK and Germany will also participate

Does the United States need to have a Carrier Battle Group in the Gulf to attack Iran? IMO, no, they do not. US Carrier Battle Groups can be moved out of the Gulf prior to any attack -
---
Finally, someone who can converse about the subject, thank YOU!

Heck, if need be, the US can completely withdraw from the area, and run the missile strikes from California!

Howsomever, I really hope that any confrontation/conflagration can be avoided, that the PM (what's his name?) will "see the light" and will step back from the point of no return. Shooting up Iran would be like shooting duck in a gallery at the carnival. Too bad, really, Mr. Jimma didn't have the tools to do this back in 79. But, even if he HAD had these tools, would he have used them instead of launching a failed "rescue" mission at the get-go? Nah, I doubt it.

Go USA!

Old 05-05-2008, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta PlanterWhen you only focus on your victories and forget all about your defeats you are doomed to repeat your mistakes.
FYI I'm not the only one who keeps wondering why America keeps repeating the same mistakes.
I'm (probably) just the only non-American here who doesn't mind talking about it.
---
Can't answer my question, eh, troll? BIO!

"So, enlighten me, troll, what other "wars" are you referring to? And if you can, get back to the original subject, if you can. Okay, troll?"

Go USA!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or