U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-09-2021, 10:58 AM
 
Location: Mishawaka, Indiana
6,929 posts, read 10,589,617 times
Reputation: 5591

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
It's not just about antibodies. Floating antibodies always drop, it's T-cells that provide the blueprint to create antibodies. There is zero evidence that a vaccine extends your immunity. Use some educated thinking.
Zero evidence? I am calling B.S. on that right now.
Rate this post positively

 
Old 06-09-2021, 11:00 AM
 
Location: Georgia, USA
33,514 posts, read 35,424,648 times
Reputation: 40052
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
The CDC has some of the top scientists in their field, and it's such a niche industry, if you leave the government (CDC) and still want to work in the same field, private industry (pharma) is definitely one of the few available routes to go.

So someone who is in the top of their field should be banned from leaving one job and going to another?

Although the CDC Foundation was chartered by Congress, it is not a government agency nor is it a division of CDC. It is a private, nonprofit organization classified as a 501(c)(3) public charity.

You guys are blindly lumping the CDC Foundation and the CDC together.

Lets just look at several of the CDC Foundation programs, out of the 1,000s they do around the world:

Gangarosa Endowment for Safe Water

Bob Keegan Polio Eradication Heroes Fund

Malaria Zero

Community Capacity Assessment for Climate Health

Integrated Serosurveillance Center and Serologic Surveillance in Nigeria

Ending Tuberculosis in Vietnam

Field Epidemiology Training Program - Saudi Arabia

Bed Nets for Children

Folate Status in the U.K. Population
Yep, anything to try to discredit the CDC.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 06-09-2021, 11:05 AM
 
Location: Mishawaka, Indiana
6,929 posts, read 10,589,617 times
Reputation: 5591
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
It's not just about antibodies. Floating antibodies always drop, it's T-cells that provide the blueprint to create antibodies. There is zero evidence that a vaccine extends your immunity. Use some educated thinking.
https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-...after-covid-19

Case closed, go pound sand.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 06-09-2021, 11:07 AM
 
10,315 posts, read 10,439,975 times
Reputation: 6886
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Yep, anything to try to discredit the CDC.
The CDC is doing a fine job of that by itself.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 06-09-2021, 11:09 AM
 
Location: NY
4,827 posts, read 1,147,794 times
Reputation: 3026
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Oh dear. See, that is a consequence of our vaccine policy & program here in the US. In the mid-2000's, a quiet consensus was reached regarding how to pre-screen people for genetic variants that could contribute to having adverse reactions/events from vaccines. Several policy making authority groups determined at that time, that the knowledge would impede the priority of vaccine uptake, so they decided to not incorporate messages like that; "Some should not be vaccinated", into policy.

...

If the message wasn't "Vaccines are safe for everybody", that meant vaccines were not safe for some. If vaccines were not safe for some, there were questions, liability for past injuries & decreased herd immunity. "Acceptable losses" actually became policy.


That's just a small excerpt, please read the full of sections # 7 & 8. Do you understand? The priority is the uptake metrics, not individual health & safety & this is acheived by actively minimizing the PERCEPTIONS of vaccine injury. Not the prevalence of vaccine injury, oh no; not to make personalized vaccines so that everyone can be safely vaccinated ... the PERCEPTION of safety is THE priority, so we keep the one size fits all approach & those of us susceptible to adverse events are acceptable losses.

Well, my daughter is dead & my son is permanently brain damaged due to that policy & I'm not willing to be another acceptable loss.
...
That's exactly what I have gathered from my experience over the years. A steady move toward 'vaccinate everyone' and not even discussing risks or screening certain people. In the early 2000's I requested my eldest daughter be given single shots of the MMR spread out over time, not the combination. My pediatrician was perfectly fine with it. But now, things have changed so much you can't even get single doses, and I can't imagine doctors indulging such a request. My youngest got the regular CDC schedule.

Then they wanted to give my youngest Gardasil when she was having health issues, without figuring out what her issues were (autoimmune maybe? who knows...they didn't care). I left the practice because of this bizarre vaccine obsession.

Then my youngest got injured from her final meningitis vaccine, recovered after weeks, and her doctor wanted her to get the Covid shot! No discussion about WHY she had such a severe reaction to the other vaccine, or if it pre-disposed her to another reaction.

I was lucky to find a brave specialist who said "NO WAY...no vaccines for her, ever." I believe he is correct. There is something about her physiology that pre-disposes her to vaccine injury. Looking back, she's had learning disabilities and other issues since she was young. No one ever mentioned possible vaccine injury. There's no way to know, and I'm not saying vaccines were the cause, but the discussion should have at least been had. When there is an entire class of drugs you can't discuss the risks of...we have a problem.

It's the national policy: vaccinate everyone, maintain the perception of safety, and push the injured under the rug. They will probably keep adding vaccines to the schedule, and still never truly exploring the extent of the harm, or even the consequences of all these vaccines cumulatively.

I'm very sorry to hear about your daughter and son, and also for ThreeWolves daughter.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 06-09-2021, 11:24 AM
 
10,315 posts, read 10,439,975 times
Reputation: 6886
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Ah, the winner's argument. Let's see: Former Soviet Union defeated Nazi Germany in WW2, after losing 30 million people. Now apply your argument
Unless you're talking about how we've turned into Nazi's by using force to vaccinate people, I think you're in the wrong thread.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 06-09-2021, 11:24 AM
 
3,338 posts, read 4,379,206 times
Reputation: 1664
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
It's not just about antibodies. Floating antibodies always drop, it's T-cells that provide the blueprint to create antibodies. There is zero evidence that a vaccine extends your immunity. Use some educated thinking.
Antibodies are produced by B cells not T cells. Helper T cells can activate B cells to produce antibodies as well as activate killer T cells, macrophages and other cells. The blue print to create an antibody resides in the B cell not the T Cell.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 06-09-2021, 11:26 AM
 
5,682 posts, read 2,124,364 times
Reputation: 2064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Unless you're talking about how we've turned into Nazi's by using force to vaccinate people, I think you're in the wrong thread.
My bad, wrong thread
Rate this post positively
 
Old 06-09-2021, 11:37 AM
 
5,129 posts, read 3,486,335 times
Reputation: 4592
Quote:
Originally Posted by chirack View Post
Antibodies are produced by B cells not T cells. Helper T cells can activate B cells to produce antibodies as well as activate killer T cells, macrophages and other cells. The blue print to create an antibody resides in the B cell not the T Cell.
T cell function
I found this, so not sure what you're saying is quite accurate. Antibodies are used less in the long run, as they don't last as long.

"An intriguing new study of these memory T cells suggests they might protect some people newly infected with SARS-CoV-2 by remembering past encounters with other human coronaviruses. This might potentially explain why some people seem to fend off the virus and may be less susceptible to becoming severely ill with COVID-19."
https://directorsblog.nih.gov/2020/0...inst-covid-19/


https://healthengine.com.au/info/acq...and-t-cells#C4

T cells function both through the release of substances into the blood, and by signalling B cells through contact. They have several different roles:
  • Signalling for growth and activation of B cells
  • Activation of cells that can ‘eat’ foreign substances
  • Stimulation of cytotoxic T cells during a viral infection
  • Signalling growth in cells, including other T cells, macrophages and eosinophils

Last edited by toodie; 06-09-2021 at 12:13 PM..
Rate this post positively
 
Old 06-09-2021, 11:57 AM
 
5,682 posts, read 2,124,364 times
Reputation: 2064
Scottish population study:

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-021-01408-4

Quoting the article:

"In conclusion, we did not identify any overall increased risk in the adverse events of interest in individuals receiving BNT162b2. First dose of ChAdOx1 was found to be associated with small increased risks of ITP, with suggestive evidence of an increased risk of arterial thromboembolic and hemorrhagic events. Given these small increased risks for ChAdOx1, alternative vaccines for individuals at low COVID-19 risk might be warranted when supply allows."
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top