U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2008, 09:43 AM

8,567 posts, read 14,765,639 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by djf863000
Quote:
Pedos, just like Hetero and Homo is very complex, but they are all humans beings, but judging someone who has done nothing is inhuman.
The danger is that paedophiles tend to treat children as adults when they clearly aren't. They project their adult fantasies on the innocence of the child.
I find this just as dangerous as physically molesting a child.
In any case I consider a paedophile and a child molester as equally dangerous because an adult can always physically overpower a child and / or psychologically manipulate it in doing his bidding.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2008, 01:31 PM

4,046 posts, read 5,314,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
Folks, our society is at stake! People who kill people believe in the death penalty.
How can you be sure of what other people believe?

Old 05-09-2008, 04:10 PM

4,824 posts, read 12,760,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
How can you be sure of what other people believe?
Dah... they pulled the d+++ trigger...

Should I believe something else?

Old 05-09-2008, 05:39 PM

793 posts, read 1,982,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by djf863000 The danger is that paedophiles tend to treat children as adults when they clearly aren't. They project their adult fantasies on the innocence of the child.
I find this just as dangerous as physically molesting a child.
In any case I consider a paedophile and a child molester as equally dangerous because an adult can always physically overpower a child and / or psychologically manipulate it in doing his bidding.

This is the opposite of what I noticed. They tend to lower themselves to the child level. They do it without thinking, it is second nature to them. The people I talked to have an amazing love for them and respect. Many of the ones i talked to refused to have sex with them, not because of the laws, but they thought at 13 they weren't ready for it. Yes many of them have fantasies, who doesn't? But fantasies and reality are 2 different things. You might have fantasies I may not agree with, but I am sure you wouldn't force it on anyone. It is the same things with homos and pedos. I would rather have a pedo with with no urges take care of kids then a parent who either neglects, hurt them, yell or likes to control their kids' life.

Most pedos i talk to were not manipulative, they just let the kid be a kid, and kids love that.

But looks like we gone off topic here. Just a note here of where
I came from. Years ago i was just like you, i saw pedos the way u hear it on the news. I even hated homos. I was like a thousands Hitler in my heart and mind. All that hate wasn't healthy for me or for anyone. But making people angry sells. Just look how the media does it. Anyway everything changed, when I reading more on the subject, and it made me want to learn even more. Eventually talking to people who had a different sexual orientation then I have. I probably talked to over 20 different pedo women, which about half a dozen where i became close friends, 2 of them became a girlfriend (not both at same time). And I talked to maybe close to 100 guys as well (christians and non-christians), but only made friends with the ones who were very low or non-sexual. I don't along to well with people overly sexual, no matter what orientation you are. Myself too I am a low sexual person.

Ok to the point, I still hate molesters, rapists, abusers...., but it would make no sense for me to hate any sexual orientation that is not mine, if they never committed a crime and have no potential to do so.

Old 05-09-2008, 06:21 PM

5,230 posts, read 7,481,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Tin KnockerI strongly disagree. People who seek revenge are more emotional than rational.
When you combine the right to bear arms with the death penalty it automatically results in mob justice.
So if a black man has killed a white man the people who are outraged by this crime form a posse and starting dishing out 'the will of the people' aka mob justice by hanging every black person they meet.
I'm for the death penalty, but against vigilantism and mob justice.
Blah blah blah.
Whats with you & all the what ifs & such and the need to bring guns into it?

What I said is the victims family should have great influence in the sentencing. In America that comes after the trial. The court decides if he did it & we decide if he lives or dies, just as he decided the fate of the victim. Nothing vigilante like about it & nothing gun related either.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:20 PM

4,046 posts, read 5,314,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
Dah... they pulled the d+++ trigger...

Should I believe something else?
How do we know that they believe they are punishing someone and that is their rationale?

How do we know they're giving it any thought at all?

Old 05-10-2008, 12:09 AM

8,567 posts, read 14,765,639 times
Originally Posted by djf863000
Quote:
They tend to lower themselves to the child level. They do it without thinking, it is second nature to them.
When it comes to wanting to build a relationship with children, adults pretending to be children is just as bad as pretending that children are adults.
The fact still is that adults are not children and children are not adults.

Quote:
Most pedos i talk to were not manipulative, they just let the kid be a kid, and kids love that.
Most people are unaware that they are being manipulative.

Quote:
Ok to the point, I still hate molesters, rapists, abusers...., but it would make no sense for me to hate any sexual orientation that is not mine, if they never committed a crime and have no potential to do so.
The thing is that when it comes to children the motivation of the criminal is irrelevant to me.
I just protect the children, because they generally can't protect themselves against adults.

Originally Posted by Tin Knocker
Quote:
Blah blah blah.
Whats with you & all the what ifs & such and the need to bring guns into it?
So you are claiming that people who are stricken with grief and yet still driven by the need of vengeance and justice are just as rational as one who is not consumed by these powerful emotions?
And when these people are in the possession of a gun it often results in a disaster.
Grief and guns do not mix.

Old 05-10-2008, 01:18 AM

16,569 posts, read 22,993,810 times
I have not taken the time to read the whole thread, but I'll offer my opinion.

I studied criminology for years and interviewed with victim's families who watched their family member's killer be done away with. Every last family I have met with said the death of the killer brings no closure, and justice has not been served in their eyes. I'm not against the death penalty - I just don't see the benefit.

Fact is, when people commit a crime, they aren't doing it with the death penalty in mind. Before they pull that trigger, they don't say to themselves "oh, wait, I have the chance of capital punishment if I'm caught - but I'll take my chances. " No, it doesn't work like this. This is why being more strict regarding the death penalty won't do much aside from making some room in our prisons.

I'm all for an eye for an eye. If they rape, rid em of their manhood and drop em in a maximum security prison shower with slippery soap. If they torture, torture em the same way.

Death by lethal injection? That's a joke. If we're gonna kill em, why swab them with alcohol and let them die in the most humane way possible? I think the way their victim(s) died must be taken into account.

Last edited by kidyankee764; 05-10-2008 at 01:31 AM..

Old 05-10-2008, 06:38 AM

Quote:
So you are claiming that people who are stricken with grief and yet still driven by the need of vengeance and justice are just as rational as one who is not consumed by these powerful emotions?
And when these people are in the possession of a gun it often results in a disaster.
Grief and guns do not mix.
I'm not claiming anything. Its obvious & speaks for itself.
I wouldn't consider it a disaster for someone to kill the person that murdered a family murder anyway. I might not consider it justice but certainly its no tragedy.
But the FACT is that people who own guns have family members victimized every day & you know what? Theyre just people, they cry & struggle thru the same things that others do. Despite what your clueless opinion tells you, a person owning a gun is not automatically a killer in waiting. I dont go running looking for a gun every time I anger, fact is I never do. Nobody I know does.

Grief & guns mix as well as grief & anything else does.
What doesn't mix is rabid anti gun fervor & common sense.

Now then, is there any thread I'm going to bump into you on in which your actually on topic?

Old 05-10-2008, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Death by lethal injection? That's a joke. If we're gonna kill em, why swab them with alcohol and let them die in the most humane way possible? I think the way their victim(s) died must be taken into account.
Agreed. I think if executione were carried out in public, instead of behind locked doors, the preventative effect would be enhanced. Watching a guy that commited an atrocious crime twitch & die has to have an effect greater than simply never seeing him again. If it must be done inside a steralized multimillion dollar room at least broadcast it to the networks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies