Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 08:39 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,092,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Actually - that is not true.

Revenge is the top reason for incarceration
I can see a family seeking revenge for the victim, but not a Judge and jury.
They are doing the time because they comitted the crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2008, 08:54 PM

793 posts, read 2,212,939 times
u mean child molesters, not pedophiles. Big differences. Crime should be punish accordingly. But no matter the crime, that person should be able to learn their lesson.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:15 PM

523 posts, read 1,282,180 times
Death Penalty? Well, IMO we should execute child molesters/murderers. Nobody is going to tell me that somebody that raped a little toddler until it died should be allowed to live. Although I have no problem letting them spend a year or two in the general prison population first!

Old 05-08-2008, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireKwame View Post
Death Penalty? Well, IMO we should execute child molesters/murderers. Nobody is going to tell me that somebody that raped a little toddler until it died should be allowed to live. Although I have no problem letting them spend a year or two in the general prison population first!
I could not agree more with your post. It would make it easier if they put the pedophiles in with the general population as they would not receive a good reception, and we would not have to support them as long. I do feel that child molesters or child killers should receive the death penalty ASAP

Old 05-08-2008, 10:11 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I can see a family seeking revenge for the victim,
I was asked to be a witness at an execution some years ago - by the family of the victim. The sense of relief they felt after the execution was undeniable.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djf863000 View Post
u mean child molesters, not pedophiles. Big differences. Crime should be punish accordingly. But no matter the crime, that person should be able to learn their lesson.
What is the difference between a child molester/pedophile? They are one in the same. It has been shown that molester/pedophile will always have the urge to go after children, they don't learn from their lessons unless they learn to control those urges, but I would never intrust one around my children.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I was asked to be a witness at an execution some years ago - by the family of the victim. The sense of relief they felt after the execution was undeniable.
I have wondered at times how I would feel if my family member had been the victim, how I would feel to be at the execution, I think I would feel like the family you knew, but I don't know if I would be happy to see someone executed either...I hope I am never in the place to know. I can understand the revenge you would have towards the criminal also.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:51 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,227,664 times
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker
Quote:
A victims family should have great influence regarding sentencing in cases of murder, rape ect.
I strongly disagree. People who seek revenge are more emotional than rational.
When you combine the right to bear arms with the death penalty it automatically results in mob justice.
So if a black man has killed a white man the people who are outraged by this crime form a posse and starting dishing out 'the will of the people' aka mob justice by hanging every black person they meet.
I'm for the death penalty, but against vigilantism and mob justice.

Old 05-09-2008, 05:39 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,308,096 times
Folks, our society is at stake! People who kill people believe in the death penalty. If I believe something is good for others, then it should be good for me too.

Old 05-09-2008, 08:57 AM

793 posts, read 2,212,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
What is the difference between a child molester/pedophile? They are one in the same. It has been shown that molester/pedophile will always have the urge to go after children, they don't learn from their lessons unless they learn to control those urges, but I would never intrust one around my children.

Incorrect. A Pedophile is someone primarily sexual attracted to pre-pubescent children. Doesn't make him or her a Molester. The majority of pedophile does not even match up with the media stereotyping. I have spend a lot of my time several years) talking to many of them men and women who said were sexually attracted to children, and found out they were like us. Many had no or very little urges. So many aren't even predictors. Yes some pedos could molests, but the majority don't have have no desire to. There were 2 groups of pedos i talked to, and some were very sexual, and others were not or so little, you would almost call them Asexual. I had 2 girlfriends who were pedos, and several female friends. On another hand many molestations cannot be confirm it was done by a pedos. To many molestation done by some NOT primely sexual attracted to kids, which by definition, makes then non-pedos. I know someone who is allow to be alone with someone's daughter, eventhough the mom knows of his attraction, but she also know have have evidence that he won't hurt her.

If people would just stop stereotyping, you would see a totally different picture.

I am not going to go on with that topic, as i can go for hours. Pedos, just like Hetero and Homo is very complex, but they are all humans beings, but judging someone who has done nothing is inhuman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies