U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 05:06 PM

166 posts, read 104,296 times

Advertisements

As an Independent, I am free to see things clearly, without being misled by some left or right wing group. I am free to make my own decisions on issues, rather than following the headmaster on a particular group. My vision is clear and my thoughts are crisp.

Now from the middle, this is how we see it.

The right wing conservatives are so damn stubborn. For the most part, with some exceptions, the conservative side will actually deal with the issues. The problem is they are so stubborn, they refuse to believe anything typically non-conservative is good. There is no room for someone unlike them. Very close minded.

The left wing liberals on the other hand are 180 degrees different. For the most part, with some exceptions, when you view threads, blogs and the media, the left wing liberals refuse to have an honest discussion about issues with anyone other than themselves. Should a non-liberal have a view on something, the left wingers start with hate speech and anger. They too are closed minded, but it is taken to another level. They are so filled with anger and hatred for everything to do with the U.S. and non-liberals, they say insane things. In so many of the comments I have read, they wish death on non-liberals, wish for the destruction of our own country. It is impossible for a left wing liberal to have a calm even toned discussion of issues with a conservative, without throwing insults.

I had another eye opening experience this morning on the way to work. I stopped at an intersection next to people holding Hillary signs, asking me to honk for Hillary. I said no, I am for Obama. One Hillary supporter just turned red and started screaming at the top of his lungs, "HILLARY HILLARY HILLARY". He would not let me speak. He was in a rage of anger screaming at me. That was the last straw. I had to come home and finally write about what everyone in the mainstream middle knows.

My point will be proven shortly, when the left wing liberals will not be able to discuss the actual issues here and will start throwing angry, hate filled comments around.

Ready, Set, Go!!!!

Old 05-06-2008, 05:09 PM

8,575 posts, read 6,352,349 times
all politicians are evil. democrats and republicans aren't even too different. they're all idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1NascarFan View Post
As an Independent, I am free to see things clearly, without being misled by some left or right wing group. I am free to make my own decisions on issues, rather than following the headmaster on a particular group. My vision is clear and my thoughts are crisp.

The right wing conservatives are so damn stubborn. For the most part, with some exceptions, the conservative side will actually deal with the issues. The problem is they are so stubborn, they refuse to believe anything typically non-conservative is good. There is no room for someone unlike them. Very close minded.

The left wing liberals on the other hand are 180 degrees different. For the most part, with some exceptions, when you view threads, blogs and the media, the left wing liberals refuse to have an honest discussion about issues with anyone other than themselves. Should a non-liberal have a view on something, the left wingers start with hate speech and anger. They too are closed minded, but it is taken to another level. They are so filled with anger and hatred for everything to do with the U.S. and non-liberals, they say insane things. In so many of the comments I have read, they wish death on non-liberals, wish for the destruction of our own country. It is impossible for a left wing liberal to have a calm even toned discussion of issues with a conservative, without throwing insults.

I had another eye opening experience this morning on the way to work. I stopped at an intersection next to people holding Hillary signs, asking me to honk for Hillary. I said no, I am for Obama. One Hillary supporter just turned red and started screaming at the top of his lungs, "HILLARY HILLARY HILLARY". He would not let me speak. He was in a rage of anger screaming at me. That was the last straw. I had to come home and finally write about what everyone in the mainstream middle knows.

My point will be proven shortly, when the left wing liberals will not be able to discuss the actual issues here and will start throwing angry, hate filled comments around.

Ready, Set, Go!!!!

Old 05-06-2008, 05:09 PM

5,915 posts, read 7,255,506 times
Independent .... Right.... http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard/images/smilies/pigfly.gif (broken link)

Old 05-06-2008, 05:11 PM

2,914 posts, read 4,252,546 times
Hm, seems your description fits the scenario very well, i.e., the left screams a lot, a whole lot. They're also haughty, self-indulging, impossible to argue or just discuss a point without bringing up Bush as the source of all their ills. Have fun!

GO USA!

Old 05-06-2008, 05:15 PM

13,784 posts, read 23,803,102 times
[quote=#1NascarFan;3686309]As an Independent, I am free to see things clearly, without being misled by some left or right wing group. I am free to make my own decisions on issues, rather than following the headmaster on a particular group. My vision is clear and my thoughts are crisp.

Now from the middle, this is how we see it.[quote]

Wisdom is frequently created from critically evaluating doubts.

Assurance of clarity minimizes critical evaluation.

Old 05-06-2008, 06:02 PM

1,572 posts, read 3,684,319 times
I'm a left wing liberal, and I think your assumptions are off-base. We don't hate everything about America. Some of us are very passionate and angry about what right-wing ideologues have done, but that's a far cry from saying we are all evil twins of Rush Limbaugh's ditto heads.

BTW, I like Obama, so we have something in common.

Old 05-06-2008, 06:13 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,847,217 times
another pointless, stupid, conservative anti liberal thread, quite common on cd.com

Old 05-06-2008, 06:25 PM

991 posts, read 1,393,810 times
Quote:

Ready, Set, Go!!!!
Oh, so you're an INDEPENDENT. I guess that gives you the right to make vast generalizations about liberals and conservatives, ie, conservatives are stubborn and liberals
are stubborn and also filled with hate? Ridiculous.

Why don't you debate issues, and not labels?

I consider myself an Independent also. I was for Gravel, who switched to the Libertarian Party. I think it's funny that you assume that the Hillary supporter is a liberal. Many would put Obama (your candidate) as more liberal, and Hillary as more hawkish.

Which simply proves the point that labels don't mean diddly-squat.

Old 05-06-2008, 06:28 PM

3,413 posts, read 6,451,340 times
Quote:

Ready, Set, Go!!!!
You're describing me when I was a liberal. It was all emotion and raving and going around in circles. And I was always in the right because "I CARED MORE THAN OTHER PEOPLE". That was my raison d'etre- "TO BE MORE EVOLVED THEN THOU". To this day when I have to hear a liberal rant and rave, I think to myself that I deserve it, because it's exactly what I did, exactly what I used to dish out.

Old 05-06-2008, 06:31 PM

19,556 posts, read 19,302,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
You're describing me when I was a liberal. It was all emotion and raving and going around in circles. And I was always in the right because "I CARED MORE THAN OTHER PEOPLE". That was my raison d'etre- "TO BE MORE EVOLVED THEN THOU". To this day when I have to hear a liberal rant and rave, I think to myself that I deserve it, because it's exactly what I did, exactly what I used to dish out.
You came to the dark side....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies