Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 08:37 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,332,890 times

Advertisements

What say you? Was it worth 3,000+ American lives and 600,000+ Iraqi lives? Do you feel safer?

Last edited by PrettyHateMachine; 12-29-2006 at 08:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2006, 09:04 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,694,054 times
Celebrate good times, c'mon.

Old 12-29-2006, 09:17 PM

610 posts, read 3,319,194 times
This sport called social-evolution sure is gonna be fun to watch over the next millenium or so - hope I'm around that long.

Old 12-29-2006, 09:24 PM

2 posts, read 3,691 times
Only a fool wants war and death, but sometimes bad people do bad things and must be stopped. So I feel safer without Hussain? Problably not but I bet there are a lot of Iraqi people do. Perhaps if the press stopped telling the bad guys where we were going and where we will be so many of our brave young men and women would not die. And yes before anyone askes, I am a veteran and I gave all I could give. That is why I am now disabled

Old 12-29-2006, 09:44 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,588,779 times
Lightbulb in response-

Quote:
Originally Posted by noljos View Post
What say you? Was it worth 3,000+ American lives and 600,000+ Iraqi lives? Do you feel safer?
Nope. But thanks for asking since we know this administration doesn't care what Americans want.

Old 12-29-2006, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esales View Post
Only a fool wants war and death, but sometimes bad people do bad things and must be stopped. So I feel safer without Hussain? Problably not but I bet there are a lot of Iraqi people do. Perhaps if the press stopped telling the bad guys where we were going and where we will be so many of our brave young men and women would not die. And yes before anyone askes, I am a veteran and I gave all I could give. That is why I am now disabled
Esales, I just want to say thank you for everything you have done for us Americans, I'm sorry you're disabled. There are ppl that take that to heart and will never forget the sacrifice you have made to ensure our freedom, which is not taken lightly. All you could give is better than what I can do at this point. Again, thank you and God bless!!!

Old 12-29-2006, 10:22 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,694,054 times
Quote:
Nope. But thanks for asking since we know this administration doesn't care what Americans want.
All he does is try to please American's. I am SO SICK of all this crap, the press hates him and makes everything sound worse than it is. All anyone does is sit and complain, very few do something about it!

I have a friend that is VERY liberal. She complains about Bush all the time and one day we were out to lunch and I got sick of it. I told her (quite loudly) to "Shut the (profanity) up". I stormed out of that place like a bull. But we have made-up and she promised not to constantly bash Bush.

I love a good political debate but not a one-sided arguement.

Old 12-29-2006, 10:34 PM

454 posts, read 905,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esales View Post
esales,

Thank you for the sacrifice you made to keep my family safe. You are an American hero.

Old 12-29-2006, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dufferz View Post
esales,

Thank you for the sacrifice you made to keep my family safe. You are an American hero.
Amen Dufferz.................

Old 12-29-2006, 10:41 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,881,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post

What I hate is hypocrites. 4 years ago congress voted in favor of military action, 4 years ago 70% of the population was in favor of military action to topple Saddam. 4 years ago I can bring up quotes from leading democrat's, not "this administration", declaring Sadam the greatest threat to the U.S. since Hitler that would make you blush.

I have lots of respect for those that say stay the course, I also have lots of respect for those that from the start, not due to political reasons but for logical reasons, said do not intervene militarily in Iraq even though I didn't agree with them. I have zero respect for those that only say now, after the going gets tough or when Bush was running for a second term, to get out of Iraq. I suspect from your simplistic response you are part of the later group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies