Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 12:19 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,635,178 times

Advertisements

i doubt you know a bout life in the big city. dont try to tell us what we are like or what we should do. 30+ years in urban areas have taught me and my friends how to survive when many of our peers havent.

be easy oz. you dont know what its like. if you did you wouldnt be so cavalier about your superman complex.

call us what you want

at the end of the day what you say

your lil words
hurt less than some thug bottling me over the head because i got in his girls face for being disrespectful to an old lady.

you never know what can happen.
livin in LA has taught me that much.
(and this is comng from someone who has intervened)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 07:01 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,435,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Never said I don't think of the situation,I just don't stand back and watch.

As to the video the guy did nothing until the loony girl started in on HIM,he didn't give a crap about the old lady.

You didn't pay attention. One guy told the girl to chill out and leave the lady alone before she turned on him. What did you want him to do, immediately start beating the crazy girl down?

Old 05-13-2008, 07:06 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,404,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
i doubt you know a bout life in the big city. dont try to tell us what we are like or what we should do. 30+ years in urban areas have taught me and my friends how to survive when many of our peers havent.

be easy oz. you dont know what its like. if you did you wouldnt be so cavalier about your superman complex.
Growing up in and around Detroit, fear never compelled me to not get involved... having a knife and gun pulled on me didn't discourage me either.

It's okay to be afraid. I think it's much superior to acknowledge it rather than to dress it up as something normal. Don't equivocate cowardice with self-preservation.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:14 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,816,210 times
Quote:

call us what you want

your lil words
hurt less than some thug bottling me over the head because i got in his girls face for being disrespectful to an old lady.

You are free to do what you want,if you choose to be part of the herd it is up to you....

I prefer to NOT be,it is just how I am.

As to living in a big bad city,I have lived in several nations around the world,have been involved in some pretty odd situations and would still act the same way.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
You didn't pay attention. One guy told the girl to chill out and leave the lady alone before she turned on him. What did you want him to do, immediately start beating the crazy girl down?
After several minutes of this girl going off...and as I said nothing was actually done until one of the other young people was insulted and THEN she was taken care of.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
Growing up in and around Detroit, fear never compelled me to not get involved... having a knife and gun pulled on me didn't discourage me either.

It's okay to be afraid. I think it's much superior to acknowledge it rather than to dress it up as something normal. Don't equivocate cowardice with self-preservation.
Its okay to be afraid,doesn't mean you stand idly by watching someone be attacked.

I too have been in such situations,nothing like having a drunk off duty cop try to pull a gun on you...

Old 05-13-2008, 07:18 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,391,288 times
Quote:

call us what you want

your lil words

Not to mention their superior school system!

Old 05-13-2008, 07:26 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,404,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Its okay to be afraid,doesn't mean you stand idly by watching someone be attacked.
I agree that fear is no excuse. No one is immune to it. Brave men learn to overcome it. Cowards succumb. I didn't mean to imply anything else... However, because of government intervention in my life, I would stand by and watch today.

Old 05-14-2008, 12:40 AM

2,137 posts, read 3,849,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
Maybe she'll be next year's guest presenter at the Hip Hop Awards like the Jena 6 guys were last year.
Bwahahahahahaha!

Isn't it bizarre that we never hear anymore of those poor "victims" that were the Jena 6? That entire story was such a load of bs. Made me ill.

Old 05-14-2008, 01:13 AM

2,137 posts, read 3,849,325 times
Quote:
ok no one has bothered to think that this girl might have some serious mental health problems? or drug problem? i dont think her age has anything to do with this. i have seen enough crazies on the bus to know that crazy comes in all shapes colors and sizes.

what is more telling is that no one came to the ladys defence. and the train had people of all generations.

upon viweing this video i immediately thought that i would have said something to tha lil chickenhead, i have in the past. i have no problem intervening like that. but you must always use caution. you never know when one of these individuals will come out the pocket all crazy.

as for the younger generations the only thing i cant stand about them is this video game cyber reality they have crafted.

once my kids want to buy these GTA games where they rob and shoot and pander and car jack and drive by, once they think thats cute, i will take them down the block and leave them on the corner and see how cute this life really is.

and kids nowadays def dont have the same work skills other generations did. when people actually start saying LOL or IDK, then thats a serious problem.

anyhow soulja girl got nabbed and i hope she gets the help she needs.

Yes, I thought mental issues the moment she began the tirade. I'd guess it's a combo of low IQ, borderline retarded, perhaps fetal alcohol syndrome and a few personality disorders all mixed up with a few bottles of that really hideous malt liquor that is so popular with people of her ilk.

I don't think this one idiot is representative of "the younger generation"...if that is what the OP called that group...There are crazy, drug addled, stupid, violent and rude people in every generation. STILL, since the 1960's each passing group of young people are being allowed by society to act more foolish in public with little consequence. I mean, honestly....do you think many 20 year old women would be screeching at elderly passengers on trains in 1920? 30? 40? 50? Hmmmmm. Maybe a few in the 60's....More in the 70's, etc. Until now when this kind of behavior is quite common in metro areas in the US. People just ignore it and try to get away. So, I guess the OP does have a point about the generational thing.

I hope American society really starts to shun the stupid, rude, obnoxious among us again. Societal shunning really does work. Shunning illegitimate pregnancy and dropping out of high school should make a BIG comeback. Also, political correctness in all it's stupiditiy has made it a big no-no to actually comment negatively if people speak ghetto-ese instead of english. Does anybody remember about 10 years ago when the idiots on the extreme left wanted to teach Ebonics in school?

Maybe the culture just keeps getting coarser with each generation in this country. Rather sad and embarrassing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies