Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 09:12 AM

994 posts, read 1,544,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Well of course they do....he is a GASP!!! Republican.
Maybe because he's a Republican with, GASP, some common sense!!!

Old 05-09-2008, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Damn lying Demcorats!!!!

Didn't they say they were going to pull the troops out?
There you go again - trying to blame the Bush-Cheney disaster on the Democrats.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy234 View Post
I wish that money was used to make food more affordable, and gas. My husband takes the train, it never used to be crowded. But now it is stuffed. Cannot believe those prices out there. What happened to the price of milk? One of my friend's daughter, who is 11 started to bleed and then have milk discharge, poor thing. Its the RBST in wal mart milk. How will her poor mom afford organic milk at $7 something for her five children??? Saddam was not the one who hit us on sep 11, right? So why bother? The responsible one, Osama is still free, right?

I saw an old woman in Wal Mart. She was reduced to her bones. I wonder what her social security would be giving her to feed herself. And the incident of child abse and neglect will become more as parents leave the home to work, and come back all stressed out. What happened to those good old time when moms stayed home and cared for little ones?????

Is it all over??
There is a substantial depression coming. This country has been gutted economically, almost, it seems, by design. The CEOS of banks, hedge funds, mortgage companies, defense contractors have milked the system for billions, while people lose their homes, pensions, stock values, businesses. The dollar has lost it's value. A very FEW Americans have had ENORMOUS wealth transferred to them, while the middle class is headed for the poorhouse. In places like Chicago you are seeing huge crime sprees. It will only get worse.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:19 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,866,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeet View Post
There you go again - trying to blame the Bush-Cheney disaster on the Democrats.
No,simply pointing out that the DEMOCRATS are to blame as well...

Something a lot of people conveniently 'forget'.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:20 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,866,888 times
If a substantial depression is indeed coming,a lot fo the folks on here are in deep doo-doo.

This would actually be an interesting topic to discuss,exactly how prepared are people on this forum...

Old 05-09-2008, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Yes, we could have reduced that spending by quite a lot with a nuculer bomb, but then imagine the hysteria from the left in this country! Of course those on the left hate to see tax dollars spent on the military, when it could be going towards some form of hand out for them, here at home!
You have a lot in common with Richard Nixon, who wanted to drop a nuclear bomb on Vietnam.
Yes, those damn 'liberals' would have wanted to spend the money on some kind of 'hand out', like fixing roads, bridges, water systems, - you know, unimportant stuff like that.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:22 AM

955 posts, read 2,157,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Yes, we could have reduced that spending by quite a lot with a nuculer bomb, but then imagine the hysteria from the left in this country! Of course those on the left hate to see tax dollars spent on the military, when it could be going towards some form of hand out for them, here at home!
As those schooled in meterology know, the nuclear option would have stopped global warming. O, silly me, I always am thinking of the bright side of things.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:24 AM

Quote:
If a substantial depression is indeed coming,a lot fo the folks on here are in deep doo-doo.

This would actually be an interesting topic to discuss,exactly how prepared are people on this forum...
I am prepared, and will weather it well, because I saw it coming long ago. Those who bought into Bush's version of the 'Great Society - via war', and didn't see the consequences are in trouble.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:32 AM

Quote:
No,simply pointing out that the DEMOCRATS are to blame as well...

Something a lot of people conveniently 'forget'.
I will blame the Democrats as well, just not the ones I like:

it's time we all recognize the wise members of Congress who tried to prevent the Bush Admnistration's hasty rush to attack and occupy Iraq.
The vote on House Joint Resolution 114 as taken on October 11, 2002. It passed the Senate by a vote of 77 to 23. The 21 Democrats, 1 Republican and 1 Independent senator who courageously voted their consciences against it were:

Daniel Akaka (D-HI)
Jeff Bingaman (D-NM)
Barbara Boxer (D-CA)
Robert Byrd (D-WV)
Lincoln Chafee (R-RI)
Kent Conrad (D-ND)
Jon Corzine (D-NJ)
Mark Dayton (D-MN)
Dick Durbin (D-IL)
Russ Feingold (D-WI)
Bob Graham (D-FL)
Daniel Inouye (D-HI)
Jim Jeffords (I-VT)
Ted Kennedy (D-MA)
Patrick Leahy (D-VT)
Carl Levin (D-MI)
Barbara Mikulski (D-MD)
Patty Murray (D-WA)
Jack Reed (D-RI)
Paul Sarbanes (D-MD)
Debbie Stabenow (D-MI)
the late Paul Wellstone (D-MN)
Ron Wyden (D-OR)

The House of Representatives passed the Resolution by a vote of 296 to 133.

In the House, 6 Republicans (Ron Paul of Texas; Connie Morella of Maryland; Jim Leach of Iowa; Amo Houghton of New York; John Hostettler of Indiana; and John Duncan of Tennessee) joined 126 Democrats in voting nay.

Rep. Dennis Kucinich, (D-OH), said the 133 votes against the measure were "a very strong message" to the administration.

"All across this land Americans are insisting on a peaceful resolution of matters in Iraq," Kucinich said then. "All across this land, Americans are looking towards the United States to be a nation among nations, working through the United Nations to help resolve this crisis."

Old 05-09-2008, 09:33 AM

9,890 posts, read 10,821,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpperPeninsulaRon View Post
As those schooled in meterology know, the nuclear option would have stopped global warming. O, silly me, I always am thinking of the bright side of things.
WOW! Then what would the left have to snivel about, no war or global warming? If we could figure out how to work homosexual marriage in there they would be plum out of business!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies