Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2021, 11:35 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,949,177 times

Advertisements

This is not uplifting stuff. Naomi Wolf is a leftist warning about the serious danger of vaccine passports. I'm definitely not a leftist, but I completely agree with what she is saying. I hope that all Americans of all political persuasions can see how serious the danger is here. The danger to liberty should be blatantly obvious to all of us:

"As a Democrat, I am horrified that the Biden Administration is rolling this out, but this is beyond partistanship. Tories are rolling it out in Britain. In Israel, Netanyahu rolled it out. In 6 months, no 4 months, Israel crushed civil society because people who don't sign on to this pass system are 2nd rate citizens. And people even who do sign on to it who are dissidents are hounded and shamed and ostracized and surveilled 24/7. And they're trying to warn the rest of the world. And I'm trying to warn you."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWoDbGNt4wg

Last edited by mysticaltyger; 04-02-2021 at 12:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2021, 11:45 PM

3,393 posts, read 1,547,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jergesn View Post
Its obvious to those of us who are awake and not being controlled!!

But sadly not many of us about!!

Thanx for the thread
It's too bad we are a minority. we might not have a chance to change anything.

Old 04-02-2021, 12:01 AM

13,646 posts, read 9,708,585 times
I'm deeply skeptical of Ms. Wolf. Nevertheless, her points here are worthy of attention. For a year I've been saying that the response to the virus - the quiver of various methods and measures of mitigation and so forth - is enormously more pernicious, than the virus itself.

And no, it's not a Chinese conspiracy. The West is doing it to itself, without need for nefarious interference from the East. We're so obsessed with "saving lives", that no sacrifice is too great, and no abridgement of liberties is too excessive.

Old 04-02-2021, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
I'm deeply skeptical of Ms. Wolf. Nevertheless, her points here are worthy of attention. For a year I've been saying that the response to the virus - the quiver of various methods and measures of mitigation and so forth - is enormously more pernicious, than the virus itself.

And no, it's not a Chinese conspiracy. The West is doing it to itself, without need for nefarious interference from the East. We're so obsessed with "saving lives", that no sacrifice is too great, and no abridgement of liberties is too excessive.
A more measured criticism of vaccine passports is below. Bottom line, they still came out against them:

https://newrepublic.com/article/1618...r-justin-amash

I think "saving lives" is just the smokescreen they use to take away liberties.

Freedom and liberty are always taken away in the name of security in one form or other. The right usually does it with wars for "national security". The left does it in the name of "economic and social equality" and "health and safety", with plenty of overlap between the two camps.

I actually think it's deeper than just a Chinese conspiracy. I've been saying for quite a while now that there's an elite building a global totalitarian state right under our noses. But that gets me labeled a conspiracy kook wearing a tin foil hat.

We've had plenty of people warn us over the past 20 years from across the political spectrum about the erosion of our liberties. People don't wanna hear it. They think going along to get along won't be that bad. I think the majority of people are sadly mistaken and I find it frustrating.

Old 04-02-2021, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jergesn View Post
Its obvious to those of us who are awake and not being controlled!!

But sadly not many of us about!!

Thanx for the thread
You're welcome.

That's the thing about such threads. Most of the people who see what's happening don't need to be told. And the people who need to be told still won't see it. But maybe it will wake a more few people up who wouldn't have been otherwise.

Last edited by mysticaltyger; 04-02-2021 at 01:01 AM..

Old 04-02-2021, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
It's too bad we are a minority. we might not have a chance to change anything.
I understand the frustration and disappointment. I don't think the majority of people are going to wake up. But it doesn't need to be the majority to have major effects. It can still be a relatively small minority. Those of us who see what's going on are going to have to find each other, cooperate with each other, and move out of our comfort zones, though. I think part of the reason why we get disappointed is we wish we had more people join us in the battle, because it would be so much easier. And for a lot of us, the people we know and love aren't gong to agree with us or join us in fighting tyranny. It's painful, but we have to acknowlege the reality of it and move forward (out of our comfort zones). For many of us, it may mean leaving those people behind in one form or another (either psychologically or physically, or both).

I'll quote the late anthropoligist Margaret Mead here:

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.

https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/...et-mead-quotes

Old 04-02-2021, 02:39 AM

4,901 posts, read 2,055,276 times
OP, thank you for posting this!!

I’m not a tech person OR a conspiracy type of guy, but I can see the dangers of having this “passport” since it will become a means of controlling people’s free speech AND their movements.

I’m not willing to give the U.S. government total control of my thoughts, beliefs and my movements. AND there is no freaking way in hell will I freely give Big Tech the full and legal authority to lock me down and control every aspect of my live... I would fight this “by all means necessary.”

Ms. Wolf is sounding the alarm and it’s up to us to stay aware of this means of the ultimate control of people, the destruction of our democracy and Constitution.

Old 04-02-2021, 07:27 AM

1,094 posts, read 499,238 times
From our experience this is one of the areas where left and right in the US strongly agree, vaccine passports are a bad and dumb idea. People's reasons vary but it's just too controlling and based on data that keeps changing and that we don't have a good handle on.

Old 04-02-2021, 07:29 AM

25,442 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Meh, so I gotta show my vaccine card. No big deal. I really don't understand all the hysteria.

Old 04-02-2021, 07:31 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times
We’re on a dangerous road. Vaccine passports are far more dangerous overall than covid. I hope people wake up soon because opposing this is the only way to stop it. Once it’s here, there is no going back. Thank you for sharing this here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Meh, so I gotta show my vaccine card. No big deal. I really don't understand all the hysteria.
Did you watch the video in the op?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies