Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2021, 09:20 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,899,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
That's funny. Liberals like yourself have called me a racist before and now you liberals think my response would be to call others racist. You liberals need to give up your constant obsession with race. Not everything is about race... that's all in your head.
I'm not a liberal...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2021, 09:21 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,811,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Why single out only student debt? It makes no sense to coddle only student debtors. Plenty of unsecured credit card debtors could use this. Plenty of car debtors could use this. Plenty of home debtors could use this.
The proposed Executive Order is about student debt. It's not about credit card debt, car debt, or home debt. If you're interested in other executive orders or congressional action, I suggest you write to your congressman or to The President. You can't expect an executive order about student debt to cover your other debts.

Old 04-11-2021, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
I'm not a liberal...
Ah ok. Usually liberals are the only ones obsessed with race like you are.

Old 04-11-2021, 09:24 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,899,917 times
Quote:
Ah ok. Usually liberals are the only ones obsessed with race like you are.
I'm also not obsessed with race.

Read my post again. I think you'll discover I was parodying the very idea of being obsessed with race.

What a juvenile pursuit that would be.

I'm not a Democrat.

Old 04-11-2021, 09:25 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,683,382 times
Quote:
The proposed Executive Order is about student debt. It's not about credit card debt, car debt, or home debt. If you're interested in other executive orders or congressional action, I suggest you write to your congressman or to The President. You can't expect an executive order about student debt to cover your other debts.
I expect a president to treat everyone fairly. Coddling one form of debtor over all others is unfair.

Old 04-11-2021, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDoPhysicsPhD View Post
That's all these liberals know. Everything is about race to them. Watch him try to back out of it now...
Looks like you called it. ^^

Old 04-11-2021, 09:26 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
I expect a president to treat everyone fairly. Coddling one form of debtor over all others is unfair.
Bingo

His free stuff is seemingly limitless.

Old 04-12-2021, 07:03 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
This isn't about subsidizing debt. It's about stimulating the economy.

I suggest you do some research on stimulus packages to learn more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
stimulating the economy would be giving everyone 10k or 12k (could be done as yang suggested of a UBI of 1k per month per adult)) then everyone could use that 12k to take care of ANY debt they may or not have...that would stimulate the economy

make it that the UBI is vigorously suggested to use for student debt payoff

I (and yes I am a conservative) have said for the last 2 years that UBI "could" be a good thing...but then it would REQUIRE the liberals to stop talking about all the other giveaways

I don't think that UBI will encourage people NOT to work.... probably just the opposite

it may encourage some people in the 55-65 age bracket to think about early retirement...just like lowering medicare down to 55

now what it is, is a better choice than all the other ideas coming from the far left, like M4A, free college, free daycare, etc

Yang's UBI could easily be the solution to affordable health care..affordable education/student loan crisis..and creating a viable savings for retirement, and personal economic freedom

Yang's original UBI plan was that ALL persons 18+ would get it, to include seniors, and it would replace welfare for the poor/workingpoor

Yang's plan had it paid for by the savings from welfare and a 10% VAT

do you have an adult (18+) child still in the home??
do you have health care costs that dig into your savings??
do you still have any tuition loans out??

here is what I thought of Yang's plan (this is going back to when he was still in the race)
Yang's UBI could easily be the solution to affordable health care..affordable education/student loan crisis..and creating a viable savings for retirement, and personal economic freedom

The concept of UBI is certainly a nice thing....and it is certainly the smartest, most logical of all the wild ideas of the fascist liberals

for example:
I work, have a wife, and my daughter turned 19 back in January
and even though I make 70k/yr a extra 3k/month (3 people over 18 in the household) would be a great thing......especially if it is like welfare (not taxed) and not considered additional income (Like SS)

and it answers the problem of affordable medical care..affordable education...affordable childcare...and student loans debts...…...how you say?

well let's look at a example...
I work, have a wife, 4 kids and my oldest daughter turned 19 back in January, and is in her 1st year of college, and even though I make 70k/yr...……..
UBI would be an extra 3k/month (3 people over 18 in the household)……….

that's 1k for my daughter PER MONTH for college (local CC is offering 500 per semester)
that's 1k for daycare/school activities/wife's student loan PER MONTH
and 1k more for a health insurance Cadillac plan so that takes care of my family premium

imagine that...UBI out does bernies/beth/Harris's plans of M4A/free college/free daycare/student loan payoff

this would also take care of the people who wish to retire early (before 65) as many people are out there ready to retire at 55-60 but are still working ONLY for healthcare

THIS is something even Trump could have suggested, and Biden could suggest

now Yang's math (how to pay for it) does need to be tweaked and validated, because I believe he is under estimating the cost/savings ratio

you still haven't answered this avenue of approach

Last edited by workingclasshero; 04-12-2021 at 07:26 AM..

Old 04-13-2021, 04:48 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,647,873 times
Pressure mounts for Biden to forgive student debt

Quote:
While the latest Covid stimulus package and a new massive infrastructure bill are the main topics of conversation in Washington of late, President Joe Biden continues to be under mounting pressure to take action on student loan forgiveness, too.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., held a hearing Tuesday afternoon on the burden of student loan debt and urged Biden to cancel the loans as soon as possible.

Also on Tuesday, more than 415 organizations, including the American Civil Liberties Union, the American Psychological Association and the Consumer Federation of America, wrote a letter to Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris calling on the White House to use executive authority "to cancel federal student debt immediately."

Old 04-13-2021, 05:23 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
He needs to sign an EO making it legal to throw eggs and rotten fruit at him wherever he goes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies