Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2021, 10:27 PM

77,790 posts, read 59,941,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
This has nothing to do with anything.
Maybe Storm King (an questionable name) is implying that all minority kids are just out at night running around firing guns at each other like it's The Purge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2021, 10:34 PM

17,020 posts, read 14,300,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Maybe Storm King (an questionable name) is implying that all minority kids are just out at night running around firing guns at each other like it's The Purge.
Who knows?

The stuff people say around here sometimes ...

Old 04-15-2021, 10:40 PM

16,237 posts, read 5,827,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm King View Post
Lots of kids are out at night in the big city. It isn't that unusual especially in heavy minority areas.
Lots of kids are in gangs and are violent predators, especially in big cities and heavy minority areas. What's your point? That we should just give them a free pass? Maybe they will grow out of the violent predator stage?

Old 04-15-2021, 11:01 PM

30,489 posts, read 17,940,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
It’s not clear to me if the gun was still in his hand based on the video. If it was then I say the shooting was justified, but if he had ditched it in the bushes and had both hands up empty then I’d say it probably was not.
That all would have happened in a split second. Cops aren't superheroes with super human reflexes. From where I stand, the shoot was justified. The boy had a gun that the cop saw. That he dropped it and turned around in the split second before he was shot doesn't change the appropriateness of the shooting from where I stand.

Old 04-15-2021, 11:10 PM

33,779 posts, read 16,782,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post

Why are these children not being monitored by their parents?
Surely you jest. In cities, I'd be amazed if most know who both parents are.

Despite liberals always fanaticizing and hearing this song in the background during these confrontations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ox1Tore9nw

Momma will collect the GoFundMe proceeds now, though

Old 04-15-2021, 11:41 PM

1,387 posts, read 983,895 times
The comments I read here and the ones I read on FB are so drastically different.
Attached Thumbnails
Chicago police officer placed on administrative duty after fatal 'armed confrontation' with 13-year-old boy-b000ca3c-a128-41ba-a739-6a182b9de2fa.jpeg  

Old 04-15-2021, 11:45 PM

17,020 posts, read 14,300,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post
The comments I read here and the ones I read on FB are so drastically different.
If they're not saying the cop did the right thing, I'd suggest you get new friends.

Old 04-15-2021, 11:54 PM

1,387 posts, read 983,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
If they're not saying the cop did the right thing, I'd suggest you get new friends.
I stay out of these debates on FB. Because of my race I’m supposed to think a certain way but I use common sense. I’ll just say this, so you mean to tell me that 0% of the blame should be placed on a 13 yr old out at 2:30am shooting at cars and running from the police? If I mention something like that then I’m called an Uncle Tom, Coon, Uncle Rukus, etc.

Then someone always comments and says “Wait till it’s your son!” I then usually say, “My son doesn’t roam the streets at 2:30 with a gun shooting at cars and then attempts to evade the cops!” But hey, what do I know? Ima a fake black. I’m not real black because I didn’t grow up in the hood and my parents have been married 40+ yrs.

Old 04-15-2021, 11:59 PM

30,489 posts, read 17,940,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post
I stay out of these debates on FB. Because of my race I’m supposed to think a certain way but I use common sense. I’ll just say this, so you mean to tell me that 0% of the blame should be placed on a 13 yr old out at 2:30am shooting at cars and running from the police? If I mention something like that then I’m called an Uncle Tom, Coon, Uncle Rukus, etc.

Then someone always comments and says “Wait till it’s your son!” I then usually say, “My son doesn’t roam the streets at 2:30 with a gun shooting at cars and then attempts to evade the cops!” But hey, what do I know? Ima a fake black. I’m not real black because I didn’t grow up in the hood and my parents have been married 40+ yrs.
I'm black, grew up in the hood, parents married 35 years, and I still have the same views as you. I wear those names aimed my way as badges of honor as those without coherent arguments resort to name-calling.

Old 04-16-2021, 12:02 AM

8,831 posts, read 2,478,085 times
Kid should have dropped the gun before running... or just not been an armed 13 year old or running the streets at nearly 3 am to begin with.

In the video you see gun in hands then quick movement, that's pretty much the easiest way to get shot. Now the quick movement was throwing the gun behind the fence, but the cop likely saw the gun, heard the noise of the gun hitting the ground at the same time as quick movement of the hands and thought he was about to get shot.

The kid put the cop in a terrible position, if I have sympathy for anyone, it's him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies