Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2021, 11:01 AM

29,505 posts, read 22,616,067 times

Advertisements

There won't be any riots or large protest marches for obvious reasons.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/chicago-p...232901863.html

Quote:
A Chicago police officer has been placed on administrative duty after fatally shooting a teenager in an incident labeled by one official as an "armed confrontation."

The boy was Adam Toledo, who died by homicide from a gunshot wound to the chest, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s Office. Toledo, identified by the medical examiner’s office as a 13-year-old white male, lived in the city’s largely Hispanic Little Village neighborhood on the West Side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2021, 11:08 AM

1,740 posts, read 957,474 times
With a last name like “Toledo”, and living in the city’s largely Hispanic Little Village neighborhood, can we assume that he was an example of the media created term “white hispanic” ?

Old 04-02-2021, 11:18 AM

8,753 posts, read 5,040,045 times
I don`t care what color the boy was......he was out, in the middle of the night, with a know gang member. If and I say if, he pointed the gun at the officer.....the officer did the only thing he could of... I don`t knowif all facts are out yet.

Old 04-02-2021, 12:12 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,702,516 times
Mama’s little darling, 13 years old, 7th grader had a gun and was hanging out with a 21 year old gang member at 2:00 AM, on a school night.

Police responded to a shots fired call and these two bolted. Police pursued on foot. Officers have claimed an armed confrontation ensued.

Mayor has demanded body cam video be released. Either mama has to agree or a court order will be necessary.

Old 04-02-2021, 12:29 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,226,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
There won't be any riots or large protest marches for obvious reasons.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/chicago-p...232901863.html

Little Village is gentrifying but still has gang elements.

If the kid was dumb enough to physically confront the police, this would be justified.

But I don't see why you can be so sure this wouldn't lead to large protest or march. I'd imagine the community in Little Village would be alarmed by this.

Old 04-04-2021, 01:17 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
If the body camera footage was actually captured and available, it's probably a good shoot.

In the past the footage would be lost or damaged beyond use in cases of bad shootings. Then the mayor would have to cover it up with fat payments until after the election and when accused of racism etc. the president had to step in and defend them for being a good guy.

I wonder what that former mayor is doing now? Oh that's right, they have a job on ABC.

Old 04-04-2021, 04:30 PM

16,028 posts, read 6,828,406 times
Excerpt:
The boy was Adam Toledo, who died by homicide from a gunshot wound to the chest, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s Office. Toledo, identified by the medical examiner’s office as a 13-year-old white male, lived in the city’s largely Hispanic Little Village neighborhood on the West Side

Response: Opinion
It is sad that a young boy of has access to a weapon that can take way a life.
The other day two thirteen year olds stole a car and killed a man in the process
using the car as a deadly weapon.

Why are these children not being monitored by their parents?

And our country wants to bring in ,many many more from other countries when we can't even take care of our own at home.

Sad..............

Old 04-04-2021, 05:00 PM

9,971 posts, read 5,667,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
With a last name like “Toledo”, and living in the city’s largely Hispanic Little Village neighborhood, can we assume that he was an example of the media created term “white hispanic” ?
"White" was the medical examiner's term, not the media's. I've seen pictures of the kid and he's pretty clearly Hispanic. I don't know what the medical examiner's criteria is for "white;" maybe it's just anything other than "black" or "Asian" since "Hispanic" isn't really a racial designation so much as a cultural one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Mama’s little darling, 13 years old, 7th grader had a gun and was hanging out with a 21 year old gang member at 2:00 AM, on a school night.
Well that's the CPD's version of events anyway, but their track record of retelling events accurately in high-profile shootings isn't all that great so I'll reserve judgment either way until we get more details.

Old 04-04-2021, 05:36 PM

1,904 posts, read 1,043,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
"White" was the medical examiner's term, not the media's. I've seen pictures of the kid and he's pretty clearly Hispanic. I don't know what the medical examiner's criteria is for "white;" maybe it's just anything other than "black" or "Asian" since "Hispanic" isn't really a racial designation so much as a cultural one.

I don't know WHY,...but i studied the police blotter in my area, and ALL THE HISPANICS were labeled as White???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Well that's the CPD's version of events anyway, but their track record of retelling events accurately in high-profile shootings isn't all that great so I'll reserve judgment either way until we get more details.

Yes...good work. We need lots more detail.
  • -was the perp running away when he was shot?
  • -did perp actually 'aim' a gun at Police?
  • -was it a real gun?
  • -Did the police yell 'Stop or i'll shoot' ?
  • -etc

Unless there's OUTRAGE from the City, this one will get swept under the rug.

Old 04-04-2021, 05:52 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,579 posts, read 17,923,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkins View Post
I don't know WHY,...but i studied the police blotter in my area, and ALL THE HISPANICS were labeled as White???

Yes...good work. We need lots more detail.
  • -was the perp running away when he was shot?
  • -did perp actually 'aim' a gun at Police?
  • -was it a real gun?
  • -Did the police yell 'Stop or i'll shoot' ?
  • -etc

Unless there's OUTRAGE from the City, this one will get swept under the rug.

I don't think the bolded should matter. Does it truly LOOK like a real gun is the question.

You can't put the onus of determining a very good fake from a real gun, on anyone who needs to protect themselves or others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies