Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2021, 11:29 AM

10,456 posts, read 4,040,143 times

Advertisements

So, correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the democrat politicians been crying about getting free health care if they were elected, and well, nothing yet. Seems to me we went through this same crap with Obama and in the end, he only made things worse.

So where is the Germany,France, Sweden, Norway and Canada style of healthcare system we were promised?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2021, 11:37 AM

43,102 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
So, correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the democrat politicians been crying about getting free health care if they were elected, and well, nothing yet. Seems to me we went through this same crap with Obama and in the end, he only made things worse.

So where is the Germany,France, Sweden, Norway and Canada style of healthcare system we were promised?
Have your payroll taxes went up about 18% to pay for it ?

Old 05-01-2021, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Have your payroll taxes went up about 18% to pay for it ?
I'm already paying over 25 percent in taxes as it is, and nothing to show for it. And this doesn't include my property taxes, vehicle taxes, pet tags, business taxes, permits, licenses and fees.

Old 05-01-2021, 11:52 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:

Why are you asking for it if you don't want it?

Old 05-01-2021, 11:55 AM

2,016 posts, read 3,523,041 times
Give them time, it's only been a few months since Dems have been in power.

Open borders - check
Green New Deal - in progress
Universal healthcare - up next

Old 05-01-2021, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Why are you asking for it if you don't want it?

Well, aren't you tired of the USA being last of the first world nations when it comes to this stuff? I kept on hearing and reading about how Europe is so much better because if the universal health care, and it's the only real selling point that I am in agreement with the democrats, and yet, well, they are not delivering on this at all. I already pay a large portion of taxes, and it seems to me it's mostly either going to the politicians, or to their lobbyists.

So, is this more empty promises from the democrats? They have been crying about universal health care since the mid 80's, and well, now they got control of most aspects of the country, so what's the excuse now????? Can't Biden just make an executive order to seize all medical insurance companies and use their assets to jump start the universal health care????

Old 05-01-2021, 12:08 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Well, aren't you tired of the USA being last of the first world nations when it comes to this stuff? I kept on hearing and reading about how Europe is so much better because if the universal health care, and it's the only real selling point that I am in agreement with the democrats, and yet, well, they are not delivering on this at all. I already pay a large portion of taxes, and it seems to me it's mostly either going to the politicians, or to their lobbyists.

So, is this more empty promises from the democrats? They have been crying about universal health care since the mid 80's, and well, now they got control of most aspects of the country, so what's the excuse now????? Can't Biden just make an executive order to seize all medical insurance companies and use their assets to jump start the universal health care????
I guess you're being tongue-in-cheek but ok.

In any event, unlike Republicans, Democrats do tend to deliver more on their promises even if it takes more time.

Among anarchist circles we have a saying when comparing the two Marxist teams - at least Democrats say what they mean and mean what they say. Republicans definitely do not. They're an odd bunch that I don't really understand. Democrats? I get 'em. I find the philosophy to be pure evil but at least they're honest about it.

I suspect they'll move closer to it as the administration gets its footing. Right now they are focusing on open borders (a good thing) and dismantling the police (another good thing).

Old 05-01-2021, 12:11 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,812,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
In any event, unlike Republicans, Democrats do tend to deliver more on their promises even if it takes more time.
Please. Republicans have a track record similar to that of Democrats. Don't count Trump, he was a rino with liberal and populist values and didn't care about the American people. He wasn't a real republican.

Old 05-01-2021, 12:20 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:

Why don't you go sign up for the "far better than the ACA" plan promised to put in place soon after taking office?

Old 05-01-2021, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Why don't you go sign up for the "far better than the ACA" plan promised to put in place soon after taking office?
So, basically, democrats are nothing but hot air. LMAO!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies