Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2021, 08:41 AM

24,596 posts, read 9,434,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
After 18 years, we needed to either leave, or admit them as the 51st state.
Not true, there’s plenty of countries we have troops in that won’t be leaving anytime soon. Korea, Japan, Iraq, Germany, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2021, 08:46 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,080,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
So? Isn't this what all Right wing americans have wanted for years? Seems like you should be thanking Biden.
Beat me to it.

The hypocrisy from right-wingers knows no bounds.

Old 08-08-2021, 08:59 AM

1,866 posts, read 932,663 times
Biden could have made some sort of deal with the Taliban and Afghan governments to secure mineral rights to the lithium and gold that is present in the mountains there.

But Biden is incompetent and doesn't know what the hell he is doing.

Old 08-08-2021, 09:08 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,944,809 times
So??? It's not the US's personal problem to fix.

I want my tax dollars to go towards improving people's lives in THIS country.

Old 08-08-2021, 09:10 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,433,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
That has been happening for a while with many types of vehicles there. But when your country is now swirling in the drain, at least you know which warlord can come unclog it.
I remember that. Al Qaida in Syria I believe which America supported there. Talk about bad advertising, poor plumber. It shows just how corrupt US statecraft is.

Old 08-08-2021, 09:21 AM

4,375 posts, read 1,692,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Not true, there’s plenty of countries we have troops in that won’t be leaving anytime soon. Korea, Japan, Iraq, Germany, etc.
I don't know how this makes what I said "not true."

Old 08-08-2021, 09:38 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,424,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
So we have bases in Kuwait, Qatar, UAE, Jordan, Syria, Iraq, Oman, Bahrain, Turkey, and Saudi Arabia.

We spend billions in the region, we have tens of thousands of troops deployed, along with tens of thousands of civilian contractors.

But a base or two in Afghanistan with about 5K total personnel, to actually protect women’s rights and basic human rights against a barbaric regime like the Taliban is a bridge too far?
We are not fighting irregulars in Kuwait, Qatar, UAE, Jordan, Oman, Bahrain, Turkey, and Saudi Arabia..

And we should not be in Iraq or Syria.

Old 08-08-2021, 09:48 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,344,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Pfft, why are we supposed to care about who controls Afghanistan's poppy fields?
Bidens fed govt is busy creating various catastrophes here at home; i.e. monetary debasement/inflation, medical experimentation on citizens, creating a system of apartheid, stoking racial divisiveness, instituting a policy of permanent martial law...

Its enough to make your head spin.

Oh? Specifically, HOW?

HOW in any way, shape, or form has Biden instituted a policy of putting the military in control of normal civil functions?

Last edited by burdell; 08-08-2021 at 10:01 AM..

Old 08-08-2021, 09:49 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,344,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
LMAO, and where is your criticism against Obama last night for throwing a huge party with no masks while you got Biden talking about shut downs.... Can't have it both ways. Face it, you are a hypocrite too. Can you name me a time when you actually were verbal against the democrat party for doing something you didn't agree with? I mean, the democrats were to ones that fought to keep slaves and created the KKK, so I guess you are okay with that. How about Cuomo and him putting Covid patients in with the elderly? He get a pass from you? Chicago has more gun violence than all of Texas cities combined but yet I never see you speak out against it. Just admit it, you are another paid schill for the communist left.

I thought that was cancelled and reduced to a much smaller gathering?

Whatta ya got saying otherwise?

Old 08-08-2021, 09:55 AM

6,088 posts, read 3,328,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
We are not fighting irregulars in Kuwait, Qatar, UAE, Jordan, Oman, Bahrain, Turkey, and Saudi Arabia..

And we should not be in Iraq or Syria.
That makes no sense at all. To be based in the Middle East, but then never confront Al Qaeda, ISIS, the Shiite militias of Iraq, and the Taliban? Also, stopping terrorists from blowing up the oil fields in NE Syria is not to be allowed either?

We are also in about 17 countries on the continent of Africa. We are bringing the fight to Al Shabab, Boko Haram, the Islamic State, and many other splinter groups.

I’m going to assume you want us to leave that entire continent as well?

We are also based in Central America and Asia. Let me guess. We can stay in those places as long as we don’t use any forces to actually fight anyone, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies