Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2008, 08:18 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,130,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBear View Post
Correct!

Terms like "bigot" are thrown around and used to attack people. Even though the term is INCORRECTLY used against that person.

Using their flawed "logic". If I disagree with the behavior and lifestyle of a pedophile, then am I a bigot?

Of course not. To find a behavior wrong does NOT make one bigot.
Well, I decided that I'm opposed to heterosexuality. I dislike what it does to our society--teen pregnancies, and often compelling people to have abortions. I have zero respect for the "girls gone wild" nonsense, also. I think it's all quite immoral. So, if I disapprove of the heterosexual lifestyle, am I not a bigot?

Old 05-24-2008, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Both acts/behaviors (pedophile & homosexual) are destructive and evil behaviors.
On what basis is homosexuality "destructive"?

Quote:
That is your "opinion" and nothing more. God has stated that homosexuality, adultery, etc, are evil and destroy the person both spiritually and physically.
Do you have a line of reasoning that is not particular to a religion?

Quote:
Once again, God says it is wrong, not me. People DO GET HURT, both physically and psychologically with sexual promiscuity.
Right--promiscuous behavior whether you're heterosexual or homosexual can be harmful to you and others.

Old 05-24-2008, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Gay marriage is wrong because being gay is wrong. Plain & simple.
Merely "being gay" is wrong? Even if one is celibate? First I've heard of that.

Old 05-24-2008, 09:26 AM

33,513 posts, read 37,061,236 times
Quote:
Wow, I'm sorry for you. Your disagreement is with God, not me. When you die, you will REGRET your words when you stand before God. EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW...

Luke 12:20
But God said to him, ‘Fool! This night your soul will be required of you; then whose will those things be which you have provided?

I pray that you will trust in Christ's death for your sins. God can forgive you.
Sorry, I should have said that your god was the one who taught you to be a bigot...What other valid reason do you have that gays shouldn't marry?

Don't bother to pray for me as I have done nothing to be forgiven for...Your time would be better spent praying for yourself, to release yourself from your judgmental, foolish and destructive ideas.

Can you think for yourself and give me your personal opinion ( not gods ) about gays and how they have impacted your life and why YOU think it's wrong?....

Old 05-24-2008, 10:29 AM

1,240 posts, read 3,966,153 times
Quote:
I am 100% on topic. You are stating gay marriage should be allowed. I am stating that it should NOT and the reason is that God says it is wrong to practice the sinful behavior of homosexuality.
My God says no such thing.

Quote:
You mock God and you will stand before Him when you die. You will die and when you stand before Almighty God and the Bible says that EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW. You will regret your words, my friend, I promise you this.
Don't make empty promises: get some proof first.

Quote:
God HATES sinful destructive behavior. That includes homosexuality, adultery, pre-marital sex, lying, stealing, etc.
Then he shouldn't have created such behaviors.

Quote:
Not according to the Church.

Old 05-24-2008, 11:00 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,130,012 times
Quote:
I am 100% on topic. You are stating gay marriage should be allowed. I am stating that it should NOT and the reason is that God says it is wrong to practice the sinful behavior of homosexuality.

You mock God and you will stand before Him when you die. You will die and when you stand before Almighty God and the Bible says that EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW. You will regret your words, my friend, I promise you this.

God HATES sinful destructive behavior. That includes homosexuality, adultery, pre-marital sex, lying, stealing, etc.

Every one of your posts is threatening. Do you believe your God likes it when you threaten others? According to your descriptions, your God seems like some maniac spewing expletives and throwing lightning bolts at people. I hardly think the stars in the sky, the fish in the sea, and the leaves on the trees were manufactured by such an utterly imbalanced individual.

If your god hates gays so much, let him do his bidding on them and shut up about it. Your worried nature suggests a lack of faith.

Old 05-24-2008, 12:01 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,910,392 times
as soon as baby boomers start kicking the bucket.. then we can allow all this mess to be addressed.. fact is.. fewer and fewer people of younger generations are religious or subscribe to these hail jesus arguments.. and many younger generations are very disenfranchised by everything... things will change.. once this "me" generation is gone and no longer has its greedy self serving my way or the highway hands on everything...
starting with generation x on up will be the first american generation in 100 years that will be worse off than their parents... so to all of you who spit hate and putrid arguments with no logical basis... thankyou.... you make america great! *fart*

Old 05-24-2008, 02:41 PM

24,495 posts, read 33,233,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
Well, I decided that I'm opposed to heterosexuality. I dislike what it does to our society--teen pregnancies, and often compelling people to have abortions. I have zero respect for the "girls gone wild" nonsense, also. I think it's all quite immoral. So, if I disapprove of the heterosexual lifestyle, am I not a bigot?
Why would you disapprove of something normal?

Old 05-24-2008, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Why would you disapprove of something normal?
I would hope that if I lived in the antebellum South I would disapprove of a lot of things thought to be normal at the time.

Besides, I just explained in my poorly-composed satire why I decided I disapproved of heterosexuality--obviously it spreads diseases, causes unwanted pregnancies, abortions, etc. Really a detriment to society.

Old 05-24-2008, 05:35 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,239,057 times
Here, here, b&b, I heartily agree, and I'm het.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.