Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 01:35 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,651,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Don't be offended. During the heated exchange with Republicans I became overly defensive. Sorry.
fair enough, no offense take here at all. And I get where you're coming from now, I've found myself in the past getting all riled up by right wing whackos too then realize I started taking it out on others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2008, 06:19 PM

36,658 posts, read 67,519,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdave01 View Post
Here is an electoral college map from 2004, there are a lot of conservative areas:

This should really put this thread to rest. There are plenty of Conservatives in California.

The reason why they differ from Conservatives in other places is that they are Reaganites, not Bu****es.

Meaning they dont wear religion on their sleeve and they certainly dont use religion as an issue to divide people as much as Bush likes to do.

Old 05-17-2008, 08:31 AM

2,935 posts, read 4,999,520 times
I think it's great that Bu****e is asterisked.

Old 05-17-2008, 11:57 AM

5,032 posts, read 12,609,698 times
I think the red on the map will turn blue in many counties [even San Diego ie "53%" Republican] this November. What do you want to bet that Red counties lose to Blue this year throughout the nation?

Old 05-17-2008, 12:18 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
CA has outlawed home schooling.

CA does not respect Federal immigration laws, which already prohibit sanctuary cities for illegal aliens. CA is basically a Sanctuary-State.

CA law is forcing homeowners to tear up their roofs inside their homes and install fire sprinklers inside their homes.

CA towns prohibit smoking INSIDE people's own homes!!! Look, I am not a smoker, I hate when people smoke next to me, but banning smoking inside one's private property?!!?!? That is scary stuff!

CA has high taxes and the government controls the majority of people's incomes through massive taxation.

CA law wants to allow the government to have control of people's home thermostats, so if they feel you are turning on your A/C too much in the summer, they can shut it off remotely. I kid you not.

CA now has overturned the will of voters, who overwhelmingly passed Proposition 22 BANNING gay marriage and making Domestic Partnerships (a quasi-marriage) legal. They give full legal protection to gay couples, and yet that is not enough to the Fascist radicals in CA.

California has become (or to some is already becoming) a police-state, a Fascist state.

No wonder people from other parts of the country have a negative view of the state. What right does the liberal CA Supreme Court has to overturn the majority of Californians who said no to gay marriage? Geeesh!

FOXNews.com - California's Top Court Overturns Same-Sex Marriage Ban - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

In sum: California sucks, I am extremely sad to see it become a Fascist state. Don't believe me? Then check out this book.... very insightful.

Amazon.com: Liberal Fascism: The Secret History of the American Left, From Mussolini to the Politics of Meaning: Jonah Goldberg: Books

I bought this book last week.

Old 05-17-2008, 12:47 PM

177 posts, read 543,806 times
I made it a point to avoid the peoples republik of Kalifornia when i started to look for a job my last year of grad school...

Old 05-17-2008, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyJay View Post
I made it a point to avoid the peoples republik of Kalifornia when i started to look for a job my last year of grad school...
Wonderful decision! Have you considered Tulsa Oklahoma?

Old 05-17-2008, 03:30 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,516,684 times
Quote:
Ah, a man who wants the good life, his freedom and to be around people of good moral character! Good decision!

Old 05-17-2008, 04:18 PM

177 posts, read 543,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Wonderful decision! Have you considered Tulsa Oklahoma?
no, sounds boring. I'm moving to Chicagoland, but i'm avoiding the actual city of Chicago, mainly because they have retarded gun laws that don't allow me to defend myself (also no CCW >=\). Unfortunately Illinois isn't that much better than California, but there were other factors that pushed me there.

Last edited by CrazyJay; 05-17-2008 at 04:29 PM..

Old 05-17-2008, 05:24 PM

Quote:
no, sounds boring. I'm moving to Chicagoland, but i'm avoiding the actual city of Chicago, mainly because they have retarded gun laws that don't allow me to defend myself (also no CCW >=\). Unfortunately Illinois isn't that much better than California, but there were other factors that pushed me there.
Maybe you can blend in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies