Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2021, 11:13 PM

1,111 posts, read 747,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
They moved there because it's cheap, not because of politics.

And it's expensive in blue states because of ...*drumroll*

Old 09-21-2021, 11:15 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,119,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
They'll never get it and even if they do, won't admit it!

Old 09-21-2021, 11:21 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,576,941 times
Quote:
More money is made in densely populated cities!

Old 09-21-2021, 11:26 PM

8,498 posts, read 4,741,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
There are many normal areas out there, just have to find them. I've been all over this country from extreme liberal to conservative. Every once in awhile I stumble upon a place that feels like home a thousand miles from home.

Live and let live towns are the best.
Live and let live is kinda hard to find, IMHO. There’s a lot of nosey Rosies out there, no matter the political stripe. But I agree they really are the best kinds of places.

Old 09-21-2021, 11:54 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,564,588 times
I'm always amused by the Red team coming unglued over libs migrating to conservative areas when somebody is selling those rascally lefties houses, offering them jobs, preparing their food and cleaning their restrooms. It ain't all Democrats doing that, so I guess all that righteous indignation goes out the window if there's a buck to be made, huh? Here's an idea, if y'all hate the libs as much as you say you do, quit doing business with us. Just stop. Tell us straight up how horrible we are. I can assure you, we'll have no problem taking our money and business elsewhere.

Old 09-22-2021, 12:45 AM

2,335 posts, read 815,081 times
Quote:
This fact alone should prove that democrat policies are objectively worse. When will they actually learn?

https://www.northamerican.com/migration-map
Hilarious. You're using a moving company as the source for your premise. That proves nothing.

You would be better off looking at a database of the USPS for change of address or a credit card database.

Not to mention, your source is talking about statistically insignificant amounts of people. The last net migration source I saw for a Ca to Tx move was a whopping 80k on a population of 29 million. That's a drop in the bucket. Get back to everyone when you have something they can sink their teeth into.

Old 09-22-2021, 01:10 AM

853 posts, read 337,107 times
Quote:
Coastal cities have less developable land and therefore higher real estate prices. Cities like Dallas, Charlotte, and even Minneapolis can sprawl in all four directions so they are cheaper than LA, San Francisco, NY and Boston which cannot because they are next to the ocean which can't be built on. Many of the blue states have coastal cities that are expensive. Inland cities are cheaper (although the increasing cost of construction has made all fast growing cities more expensive over the last decade). The inland cities are more often in red states.

I thought Republicans were the party of business. You guys should understand how supply and demand works.

Old 09-22-2021, 01:31 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
Hilarious. You're using a moving company as the source for your premise. That proves nothing.

You would be better off looking at a database of the USPS for change of address or a credit card database.

Not to mention, your source is talking about statistically insignificant amounts of people. The last net migration source I saw for a Ca to Tx move was a whopping 80k on a population of 29 million. That's a drop in the bucket. Get back to everyone when you have something they can sink their teeth into.
So, why did Cali lose representation in Congress then? With Texas & Florida gaining seats once again.

Old 09-22-2021, 01:59 AM

7,356 posts, read 3,527,265 times
Im eventually leaving my blue state because, drumroll, absurdly high property taxes and no plan to ever fix it. Highest in the nation. And then the governor now just committed to universal pre-K and free in state tuition for people who aren’t even citizens. Democrats love giving stuff away for free but the money comes from somewhere and it’s all of us paying for it. In NJ it is so over regulated and useless they can’t even get legal marijuana accomplished- even with an overwhelmingly Democrat state legislature and one of the most liberal governors in history. You can’t even pump your own gas, and up to recently (thanks to the Supreme Court) it was illegal to buy sparklers. In NJ take a look at any public school parking lot. You will find BMWs, Mercedes, Porsches. You can really make a good living being a freaking teacher in NJ. The Principal of my districts elementary school makes about 170k a year. Public servant haha, but the school always has their hands out for donations and supplies. I just bought a calculator for a dollar at staples. Must break their budget to buy soap and markers. Then there are the unions and the bid process. Basically two construction companies do all the infrastructure work in NJ and that’s because it’s quite difficult to compete when you have state senators sitting on the payroll of these companies. Then there is all the other corruption that goes on in places like Union City, Newark, Camden. Tons of money is given to these cities and it disappears into a payroll fund for friends of Democrats aka “consultants “ or “labor costs”

Sure no state is without issues, but NJ just plain sucks.

Old 09-22-2021, 02:09 AM

1,154 posts, read 274,361 times
If I could afford to, I'd move out of my blue state to a Republican state, exclusively because of all the covid mandates here, and the violence that erupts daily because of them. This is something they will never show you on TV and everybody denies it, but I've been a victim of it twice. A blue state in a covid pandemic is like living in a gulag. Everybody is so oppressed and miserable except for the elites who don't even pretend to abide by the rules they enforce on the rest of us.

There is something better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies