Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2021, 04:25 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
As Liberal as I am I do believe a Man should have a say in such a important decision as well.
The issues that arise from this brings up some serious questions though.
Was this pregnancy a result of a "casual fling" or are we looking at a serious long term relationship?
How committed is this "couple" to bringing up & raising a child"?
Sex is a responsibility.
And what does that make abortion?

Old 09-24-2021, 04:52 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,085,392 times
Considering the adamancy that men object to being dictated to about their obligation when a child "is born" the woman should have the same right when choosing to terminate or carry to term.

Old 09-24-2021, 04:57 AM

41,958 posts, read 75,174,114 times
Nope. Abortion is a medical procedure, and like every other medical procedure, should be kept between
the patient and the doctor.

Old 09-24-2021, 05:15 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,918,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klovax View Post
No its the girl who has the baby,why should a guy say yes/no??
As a woman, yes I do believe they have a say, we expect them to pay child support and share in the responsibilities in child care after the baby is born whether they wanted to or not. The main little soul who is the one who pays the price doesn’t get a choice. I know there are circumstances that is necessary to save the life of the mother, that is a whole mother issue.

Old 09-24-2021, 05:16 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,918,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Nope. Abortion is a medical procedure, and like every other medical procedure, should be kept between
That removes a life

Old 09-24-2021, 05:17 AM

30,431 posts, read 21,241,024 times
You darn right i should have a say in it ray. If i get a woman preggers i should should have half the say and say no kids.

Old 09-24-2021, 05:37 AM

182 posts, read 76,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
As of now in most places (U.S.), a woman has the right to choose whether or not to let her pregnancy come to term. A man doesn't. If a man wants the pregnancy to come to term, he can be overruled by the woman. However, if the man doesn't want to be a father, he still has to support the person born for 18 years, if the woman chooses to give birth.

So should a man have say in this? Is it fair that he can't opt out if he wishes?

Discuss!
He doesn't have the right to decide on keeping the baby or not, because the pregnancy belong to the woman's body and this process can affect the woman's health, career, beauty or life's risk, so unless she's agree to take on the task and ignore the detriments, he can't force her to take all the risks.

However, he's entitled to dump the woman if she doesn't want to keep his baby and move on to find someone who does.

OTOH, I do think if a non-married couple has a baby by accident and the guy doesn't want the baby as he is not ready and it can affect his career, finacial life... if the woman still want to keep the baby and bring it to term, then the man doesn't have to provide child support just because the woman's stubbornness just to make it fair. Of course because he doesn't provide child support then he also doesn't have the father's rights later, just like a sperm provider.

Old 09-24-2021, 05:44 AM

26,489 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Female genital mutilation is a medical procedure that should be kept between the doctor and the patient/parent.

Old 09-24-2021, 05:52 AM

7,911 posts, read 3,458,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
As of now in most places (U.S.), a woman has the right to choose whether or not to let her pregnancy come to term. A man doesn't. If a man wants the pregnancy to come to term, he can be overruled by the woman. However, if the man doesn't want to be a father, he still has to support the person born for 18 years, if the woman chooses to give birth.

So should a man have say in this? Is it fair that he can't opt out if he wishes?

Discuss!
As many will point out, the man can opt out before deciding to have sex. Of course, so can the woman. Unless we're talking about rape, the two to tango rule applies to the decision, but not the consequences. On the one hand I'd say only the woman gets pregnant so the decision to kill the unborn bastard is hers, on the other hand we are a society that tries to ignore biology and have "equity" in all things. By the former logic the man should have no say, by the latter logic he should have equal say, or at least have the ability to denounce the unborn early so the woman can figure that in to her own decision.

Old 09-24-2021, 05:58 AM

182 posts, read 76,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
That removes a life
A guy killing millions of lives daily when he masturbates. Some people had sex like crazy and get pregnant just as often as rabbits. It doesn't mean they will have to keep all the babies and later on provide criminals and under-educated new citizens for the society which has already dealing with overpopulation and lacking of resources. Qualities is better than quantities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies