Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2021, 10:56 AM

6,844 posts, read 3,913,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
It'd be interesting to see what kind of odds Vegas odds makers would put on how long it takes someone to mention Trump in a thread that has nothing to do him.
Guess you are missing the obvious. The CD Biden detractors are Trump supporters and sore losers. If an idiot beat Trump, how sick of him were most Americans? But the Trumpers can't understand why he lost, so they make themselves feel better by knocking Biden and all the Americans that voted for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2021, 11:13 AM

18,750 posts, read 11,713,168 times
I don't think Biden is an idiot, but, he is way past his prime. A president is only as good as his or her cabinet, and Biden has some stellar people. He's not an egomaniac and actually listens to his advisors. Is he perfect? No. Is he the best president we've ever had? No. He's a decent old man and an adequate president who has inherited a huge mess. Shades of 2008 when he was V.P.

Biden has been in office for 8 months. You all are a tough crowd to please if you expect that everything will turn around in that short of a time. It will take years.

What happened in Afghanistan was an epic mistake and I think someone should be fired over those poor civilians and children being killed. I also think that the withdrawal was the right thing to do, but could have been handled better. The timing was wrong. Nobody jumps into any job within weeks and does a perfect job. Heck it took me a couple of years to be a good therapist. Imagine the learning curve being the president of the United States. You don't get it all right within months. It takes years.

I'm in the watch and wait stage with Biden. Ask me what I think in about two years.

Old 09-24-2021, 11:17 AM

654 posts, read 277,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
A president is only as good as his or her cabinet, and Biden has some stellar people.
Stellar people? Those "stellar" people also signed off on the Afghanistan catastrophe. They deserve just as much of the blame as President Biden does.

Old 09-24-2021, 11:22 AM

8,692 posts, read 4,931,772 times
The voters that voted for him are the idiots. How much money has he mde over the years, for doing nothing.

Old 09-24-2021, 11:28 AM

18,222 posts, read 8,038,314 times
no one is an idiot here......this is all going as planned

Old 09-24-2021, 11:37 AM

7,453 posts, read 4,274,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckatredlightsagain View Post
Stellar people? Those "stellar" people also signed off on the Afghanistan catastrophe. They deserve just as much of the blame as President Biden does.
Wasn't it Biden who plagiarized Harry Truman when he claimed that: "The buck stops here"? That is except when everything goes wrong then it's everyone else's fault. It's amusing hearing all of those that voted for him making excuses for this inept* fool.

Quote:
*Ineptocracy*(in-ep-toc’-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Old 09-24-2021, 11:41 AM

37,566 posts, read 21,766,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
On top of the border crisis, cratering approval numbers, infighting among congressional Democrats, incompetent federal health officials bumbling their way through the coronavirus pandemic, and the chaotic, disorderly withdrawal from Afghanistan, there’s also a growing consensus the president is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, according to new Pew Research Center polling data.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...edgdhp&pc=U531

I love the title. Teleprompter Joe isn't kind of an idot, he is an idiot....Idiot Joey.

That pic in article makes him look like a baby not getting his way. He needs his diapers changed and Pelosi is too busy to change them.
Well, the vast majority of empty-headed Democrats still think Joe Biden is quit witted, sharp as a tack, and his foreign and domestic policies are flawless and fantastic.

Of course these same Democrats think Trump said the neo-Nazis were some "very fine people," that Trump paid Russian hookers to pee on Obama's hotel bed, Trump received advanced copies of Hilary's emails from Wikileaks, and that's not Hunter Biden's laptop, it is a Russian disinformation plant, to help Trump win reelection, yadda, yadda, yadda

Old 09-24-2021, 11:42 AM

51,863 posts, read 52,259,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
no one is an idiot here......this is all going as planned
Yeah, I would tend to agree, to many things happening in ways that are beyond mishandling and mistakes. The border in particular, that is a concerted effort to bring in as many people as they can for a few varying reasons.

I'm shocked that the Republicans are so quite on that front, but again, they've always wanted that cheap labor so again, not shocked I guess.

People out there touting how great the repubs are vs the dems, I say, not so much, just look a bit deeper. These people are all playing games and doing what they want, no matter what they sometimes say.

Old 09-24-2021, 11:44 AM

29,645 posts, read 24,652,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
Wasn't it Biden who plagiarized Harry Truman when he claimed that: "The buck stops here"? That is except when everything goes wrong then it's everyone else's fault.

Joe Biden could crap his pants live on television and he would make up some lame story about Trump putting Turbolax in his coffee. I thought Obama was lame when he blamed Bush for all his problems early in his presidency, but Biden takes the blame game to a whole new level... All while making the claim that the buck stops with him.

It's mind boggling how he can make two totally opposite claims in the same breath... Basically contradicting himself before completing his thought. But that's Joe Biden for you. Maybe it's the dementia kicking in, or maybe it's just because he's a democrat, but the man cannot be trusted, nor can his word.

Old 09-24-2021, 11:45 AM

37,566 posts, read 21,766,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
Wasn't it Biden who plagiarized Harry Truman when he claimed that: "The buck stops here"? That is except when everything goes wrong then it's everyone else's fault. It's amusing hearing all of those that voted for him making excuses for this inept* fool.
He meant to say, "the finger pointing to find blame, starts here."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies