Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2021, 02:55 PM

1,111 posts, read 747,077 times

Advertisements

CDC study finds about 78% of people hospitalized for Covid were overweight or obese

So why aren't medical professionals pushing for lifestyle changes as much as the vaccine?

If you eat anything out of a box, is mostly garbage, not to mention countless fast food chains. Even some restaurants serve poor quality 'food.'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2021, 02:58 PM

10,481 posts, read 6,991,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
CDC study finds about 78% of people hospitalized for Covid were overweight or obese

So why aren't medical professionals pushing for lifestyle changes as much as the vaccine?

If you eat anything out of a box, is mostly garbage, not to mention countless fast food chains. Even some restaurants serve poor quality 'food.'
My primary did say that the people who they do see dying of Covid are unhealthy and diabetic.

Old 09-24-2021, 02:59 PM

7,240 posts, read 4,548,286 times
Quote:

I have to agree. Ultimately forcing Americans to be more healthy would help us in so many different ways... not just covid.

If we are going to "force" people to do what is best for their health so that they can help us all.. we need to go all the way with it.

Old 09-24-2021, 03:01 PM

19,029 posts, read 27,592,838 times
Yeah, but there’s good news.
Scientists discovered fourteen I believe, obesity genes. They don’t knows, exactly which one it is but, soon enough, there will MRNA vaccine for each gene. So you just get obesity package forurteen vaccines, Pfaizer special. ALong with boosters, of course, as Big Macs are so tempting.

Old 09-24-2021, 03:02 PM

1,111 posts, read 747,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Yeah, but there’s good news.
Scientists discovered fourteen I believe, obesity genes. They don’t knows, exactly which one it is but, soon enough, there will MRNA vaccine for each gene. So you just get obesity package forurteen vaccines, Pfaizer special. ALong with boosters, of course, as Big Macs are so tempting.
In all seriousness though you touch on an important point. Our society tends to appease, even enable people's bad habits.

Old 09-24-2021, 03:04 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:

I saw a lot of normal weight people who died.. it is across the board.. some are runners, healthy.. they can't even figure it out. I hear that lacking Vitamin D is bad so take vitamin D.. But don't take too much it can be toxic to take too much. Look on the internet about vitamin D and Covid.

Old 09-24-2021, 03:05 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
The neighboring county where my son works as a paramedic (in Florida) ... 91% of the covid deaths are obese. Now there is nothing to disagree with or agree with, it's data. What we do with data is important, way more important. No one should be using this like a hammer looking for a nail.

Old 09-24-2021, 03:13 PM

7,240 posts, read 4,548,286 times
If we address nothing else out of this pandemic we have to address obesity, and in a really honest way.

CICO doesn't work... or people would be thin.

Exercise is good for the body bu you can exercise your way out of 200 extra lbs.

Obesity spins off so many other bad things and no one is honest about it.

Old 09-24-2021, 03:21 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
I have a friend who got covid and she was taking Vitamin D way before Covid was here. she lacked vitamin D. She is very obese. I am talking really obese .She is 61. She got the mild covid in NJ. Dr gave here steroids and an inhaler. She also has breathing problems. She lost her sense of smell. She worked in a Group Home for the Mentally Challenged. They had no PPE at all when she got it. So some people can beat it and she is extremely overweight. Her doctor gives the vitamin D the reason she made it.

Old 09-24-2021, 03:23 PM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
I just watched a video of a bunch of overweight individuals carrying on about how the public schools they send their kids to should not require face masks because they don't want to "co-parent with the government."

I'm not kidding.

What are the chances these Mensa candidates have been vaccinated?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies