Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 12:59 AM

Location: Los Angeles, which as I understand was once upon a time ago part of the United States of America
849 posts, read 1,046,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
"There is only one spot in San Francisco where only Caucasians are permitted to buy or lease real estate or where they may reside. That place is Presidio Terrace." Buyers had to agree to sell only to white people;
Typical hypocrisy from a typical Democrat. They support diversity as long as it's for other people. Not quite as annoying as the Faux News neocon sockpuppets, but almost.

Tainted Love Of Presidio Terrace at SocketSite™

Old 05-19-2008, 01:04 AM

539 posts, read 1,804,644 times
We're all equal-only some of us are more equal. Oink !

Old 05-19-2008, 01:28 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
For Pete's sake. That thread title is a LIE and Im sure you KNOW IT.

Your so-called article (dated 2006, quoting an article in Forbes dated 2005) is quoting an ad dated perhaps 1915 that is only mentioned in an aside and Im sure you KNOW THAT TOO. EVEN YOUR ARTICLE says this isnt an issue anymore, see bolded end of the para below.
It is interesting to note that another ad, according to the Virtual Museum of San Francisco, tapped into anti-Asian sentiment: "There is only one spot in San Francisco where only Caucasians are permitted to buy or lease real estate or where they may reside. That place is Presidio Terrace." Buyers had to agree to sell only to white people; more recent law and custom have, of course, nullified those restrictions.
OP's linked so-called article

I know you all count on people here not to read, just as your so-called news sources do. But doesnt that get boring after awhile???!!!

Last edited by delusianne; 05-19-2008 at 02:00 AM.. Reason: I keep adding because this kind of thing drives me NUTS.

Old 05-19-2008, 01:37 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
This is stupid. Race-based covenants have been unenforceable since the 1940s. Trying to make political hay out of such a covenant 60+ years later is childish.

Old 05-19-2008, 02:00 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Lombards View Post
Typical hypocrisy from a typical Democrat. They support diversity as long as it's for other people. Not quite as annoying as the Faux News neocon sockpuppets, but almost.
Oh, please, don't tell me you're surprised. The liberal elitists always manage to exclude themselves from the application of policies or laws (unless it specifically benefits them).

Old 05-19-2008, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Oh, please, don't tell me you're surprised. The liberal elitists always manage to exclude themselves from the application of policies or laws (unless it specifically benefits them).
"

Your so-called article (dated 2006, quoting an article in Forbes dated 2005) is quoting an ad dated perhaps 1915 that is only mentioned in an aside and Im sure you KNOW THAT TOO. EVEN YOUR ARTICLE says this isnt an issue anymore, see bolded end of the para below.
It is interesting to note that another ad, according to the Virtual Museum of San Francisco, tapped into anti-Asian sentiment: "There is only one spot in San Francisco where only Caucasians are permitted to buy or lease real estate or where they may reside. That place is Presidio Terrace." Buyers had to agree to sell only to white people; more recent law and custom have, of course, nullified those restrictions.
OP's linked so-called article

I know you all count on people here not to read"

I know you all count on people here not to read
I know you all count on people here not to read.........

Old 05-19-2008, 03:10 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
"
Well, liberals lie a lot, so it certainly is reasonable, and no, I really don't give a damn about California. If California tumbles into the sea tomorrow and kills 50 million people, that's great news to me.

Let's examine some liberal lies.

Liberal lie: Whites ruined America for native Americans

The Truth: Native American tribal groups were violent and belligerent and they had no qualms helping the US destroy their enemies. If Tecumseh had been nicer to the Ottawa and Objiwa and Chinooks perhaps they wouldn't have helped the US slaughter the Shawnee at the Battle of Fallen Timbers.

Liberal Lie: Blacks were slaves.

The Truth: The first family sold into slavery in the US was white, specifically Scottish.

Liberal Lie: Blacks were slaves.

The Truth: 32% to 37% of Black in the US were NEVER slaves. In fact, liberals are loathe to mention the towns in the South that were founded and run by free men.

Liberal Lie: Whites owned slaves.

The Truth: I really enjoy forcing my students to review US Census Holdings at the main branch of the Cincinnati Pubic Library, particularly the 1860- Census and seeing Blacks owning plantations and having black slaves. Watching black students break down and convulse into tears is so nice, but they need to understand that people in power regardless of race will enslave weaker people regardless of race. It is not and never was a white/black issue.

Liberal Lie: Kennedy saved America during the Kennedy Political Crisis.

The Truth: The Kennedy Political Crisis was Kennedy's fault. Kennedy was incompetent. Kennedy brought the world to the brink of nuclear war because he was a liar. The Soviets won the Kennedy Political Crisis.

Old 05-19-2008, 03:32 AM

"Well," indeed. Seeing how quickly you embraced this thread's stupid claim as TRUE...without even CHECKING INTO IT....kind of invalidates any statement you might claim that you know to be a fact, doesnt it?

Oh, Lord, I just looked at your list there. I tried not to but I did.

Okay...whites did NOT ruin America as we now call it for Native Americans. I cant actually comment...

Blacks were NOT slaves. Same here...

Whites did NOT own slaves. Same here...

Kennedy did NOT save America during the CMC. Right, we're all speaking Russian now, what's left of us.

"The Truth [and I'll bet it is, too]: I really enjoy forcing my students to review US Census Holdings at the main branch of the Cincinnati Pubic Library, particularly the 1860- Census and seeing Blacks owning plantations and having black slaves. Watching black students break down and convulse into tears is so nice, but they need to understand that people in power regardless of race will enslave weaker people regardless of race. It is not and never was a white/black issue."

Who on earth ever thought slavery ever was a black-white issue? Some hapless student - who is a student because he's learning, hello - who trusted you to be an admirable leader and role model? Or something you heard, or "read"? And great way to teach, btw, to spend taxpayer money to drag "your" kids to the library and make the black kids cry. Not just cry, but as you say yourself, "convulse into tears." Oh, my, God.

Look at me not calling you a sadist.

What kind of teacher are you? You're barely literate.

Does your principal know you not only make your students cry, but BRAG that you LIKE to do it?

Last edited by delusianne; 05-19-2008 at 03:52 AM.. Reason: What am I doing here????

Old 05-19-2008, 03:32 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Because some blacks were never slaves, it is a lie that blacks were slaves.
So, 63-67% of the blacks were slaves and it is a lie that blacks were slaves.

Little ditto-heading.

Who provided smallpox laden blankets to the native americans?

Old 05-19-2008, 04:08 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,065,889 times
The scary thing is he refers to "his students." This guy is apparently exposed to children on some regular basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies