Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 02:05 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,822,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
Silas is obviously under the impression that genetics and biology is predetermined by God. In fact, Furthermore, Silas also probably believes in predestination and that dinosaurs and humans walked the planet at the same time.

My comment goes to speak about the sensationalism in this country in regards to their supposed moral fiber or lackthereof, which has been popular to denounce since the 1960's.

I'm not going to speak of this doctor or his ideals, but I will say, if one believes that sexuality is based in a part of one's brain, similar to that of in a ram (where 1 in 10 male ram's are homosexual) and one might determine that in many children, the wires may be crossed and guided toward a homosexual urge, or a bisexual urge, or a hyper-heterosexual urge, then one might then come to the conclusion that it could be fixed at an earlier age BEFORE a child has endured a short lifetime of criticism, laughter, self-loathing, confusion, and suicide. [Though if it were found out that a child did fix nature's mistake, I'm sure one would endure just as much trauma by people like Silas.]

It's not to say that I agree or disagree, but this thread very easily shows how unwilling many Americans are able to face change and new ideas with open minds. But then again, Bill O'Reilly has told you that it liberal ideas like these which are destroying the moral fabric of our country.

<gag>

P.S. If you found out your child would be MR/DD, or have Severe Hemophilia, and you had the power to change it, would you? Food for thought. [I hope those I attempt to connect with are open-minded enough to make the proper parallels]
Lots of assumptions, and we all know what they say about assumptions! As far as the rest of your post, Its been debated to death and I quite frankly am bored to tears of trying to have a logical discusion with people who arent sure if they are a man or a woman. Not sure what the hell Bill Oreilly has to do with anything in this thread? If my child had a sickness or a disease of course we would take appropriate course of action , If he wanted to start wearing dress's and be called Hanna, I would put a boot in his ass and ask him who the hell he'd been listening to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 02:07 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,564,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Lots of assumptions, and we all know what they say about assumptions! As far as the rest of your post, Its been debated to death and I quite frankly am bored to tears of trying to have a logical discusion with people who arent sure if they are a man or a woman. Not sure what the hell Bill Oreilly has to do with anything in this thread? If my child had a sickness or a disease of course we would take appropriate course of action , If he wanted to start wearing dress's and be called Hanna, I would put a boot in his ass and ask him who the hell he'd been listening to.
Spoken like a true hick

Old 05-19-2008, 02:07 PM

27 posts, read 49,959 times
I am a transsexual.
I work, and go to school, I have friends, I even go to church. My birth certificate has been changed in accordance with state law, and I pay my taxes. Outside of threads like this, I do not advertise it and it is not anyone's business. I even vote Republican (usually) so do not pretend to pigeonhole anyone because it only shows your ignorance of the subject matter. You sound more like a 700 Club soundbite.

Old 05-19-2008, 02:09 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,093,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
Like black people in a nearly all-white town. So what. That's not a reason to fault them for it. "Abnormal" really ought not be such an offensive term. Simply not being part of the majority isn't a crime in itself.

I don't know if it's worth trying, Bulldogs... It's clear these two cro magnon's have been slurring and condemning the "abnormal" since they were children. I hope to their God they didn't raise children to be as judgemental and dispicable as they were themselves, as they still act and think like children. [Refer to his response of my citation toward homosexuality in nature]

Old 05-19-2008, 02:10 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
Gee, I should be so lucky to be a "ugly" as her!!!

Old 05-19-2008, 02:10 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,868,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
Thinking.... thinking.... nope, pretty sure I'm not connecting with your attempt at logic.

Please view the October 2003 study by Dr. Charles E. Roselli et al. (Oregon Health and Science University) on male rams and homosexuality in nature. I believe I was wrong, however, as you may find his theory to have pin-pointed their homosexuality at a rate of approximately 8%.

(Hits myself in the face)
There are NO homosexual sheep.

Old 05-19-2008, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
Like black people in a nearly all-white town. So what. That's not a reason to fault them for it. "Abnormal" really ought not be such an offensive term. Simply not being part of the majority isn't a crime in itself.
Who said it was a crime?

It IS abnormal however.

Old 05-19-2008, 02:13 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,093,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Well, I guess my interest in biology and anthropology, the countless studies, have all been proven wrong by your definitive stance and myriad of sources and citations! [Oh, next time, could you please provide some...?]

Did you even read the studies? You only have to view 1-hour of PBS' Nature to observe homosexuality among apes and gorillas -- in case you're opposed to reading words, maybe you could watch television in order to learn? I really don't know what to say at this point.

Old 05-19-2008, 02:14 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
LOL, oz, the ancient Greeks turned them that way!

Old 05-19-2008, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston View Post
I am a transsexual.
I work, and go to school, I have friends, I even go to church. My birth certificate has been changed in accordance with state law, and I pay my taxes. Outside of threads like this, I do not advertise it and it is not anyone's business. I even vote Republican (usually) so do not pretend to pigeonhole anyone because it only shows your ignorance of the subject matter. You sound more like a 700 Club soundbite.
Your sexuality is not a piece of paper OR how YOU feel....it is in your DNA.

No matter what you think or feel you are by your DNA the opposite sex to what you pretend to be.

Cutting off your wee-wee(or adding one on) doesn't make you anything but abnormal.

No need to make personal attacks either although I won't report it this time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies