Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2022, 01:17 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,714,563 times

Advertisements

This one is truly bizarre. We already knew that Youtube slapped a link to government approved information for any video with the word "COVID", lest we hear information that makes us question the specials.

But now if the subject contains the word "Great Reset", there is now a mandatory warning label that this is a conspiracy theory and you should only believe what they tell you about it.

Example:

"The Great Reset is the name of the 50th annual meeting of the World Economic Forum, held in June 2020. It brought together high-profile business and political leaders, convened by Charles, Prince of Wales and the WEF, with the theme of rebuilding society and the economy following the COVID-19 pandemic."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwVjlPJTxV8

The Great Reset is a plan by the World Economic forum led by bond-villain Klaus Schwab who brings world leaders and big tech CEOs into compliance at the annual Davos meetings in Switzerland. They are the group that came up with the slogans for "Build Back Better" that Canada and the US are trying to pass into law.

One of the tenets of The Great Reset is "You will own nothing and you will be happy"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2022, 01:21 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,282,765 times
These are the elites that think that they can run things better than the peons but history shows that leaders get delusions of grandeur and often end up laying waste to cultures and societies because they don't know when to back off when it's proven they are wrong. In the end there just people with opinions just like anybody else.

Old 02-07-2022, 01:38 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,714,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
In the end they're just people with opinions just like anybody else.
"Just people" that governments around the globe are looking to for instructions.

The democrats in the US LITERALLY used the slogan for their $5 trillion failed package to call it "BUILD BACK BETTER"
https://www.whitehouse.gov/build-back-better/

Same for Canada:
https://www.budget.gc.ca/fes-eea/202...-mieux-en.html

Australia falls in Line:
https://aware.com.au/campaigns/build-back-better

New Zealand Build Back Better:
https://buildbackbetter.co.nz/

Why the hell is a centralized world organization calling the shots in sovereign nations?

You can find "build back better" mission statements in dozens of countries - Finland, Sweden, South Africa, France, etc etc

Old 02-07-2022, 02:54 PM

10,461 posts, read 6,974,789 times
Youtube is dead to me. Rumble is the future.

Old 02-07-2022, 04:35 PM
Status: "Do not pass GO, do not collect $300 (used to be $200)" (set 6 days ago)

600 posts, read 273,961 times
I hadn't been worried until I saw the disclaimer on youtube a few weeks ago. Only a few topics get that, not any random theory.

Old 02-07-2022, 04:41 PM

25,713 posts, read 18,788,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Youtube is dead to me. Rumble is the future.
I've watched/listened to tons of good music over the years. And lots of other things. But... yeah, I'm afraid I'll be sailing in that same ship... away from Youtube.

Old 02-07-2022, 05:06 PM

45,573 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
This one is truly bizarre. We already knew that Youtube slapped a link to government approved information for any video with the word "COVID", lest we hear information that makes us question the specials.

But now if the subject contains the word "Great Reset", there is now a mandatory warning label that this is a conspiracy theory and you should only believe what they tell you about it.

Example:

"The Great Reset is the name of the 50th annual meeting of the World Economic Forum, held in June 2020. It brought together high-profile business and political leaders, convened by Charles, Prince of Wales and the WEF, with the theme of rebuilding society and the economy following the COVID-19 pandemic."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwVjlPJTxV8

The Great Reset is a plan by the World Economic forum led by bond-villain Klaus Schwab who brings world leaders and big tech CEOs into compliance at the annual Davos meetings in Switzerland. They are the group that came up with the slogans for "Build Back Better" that Canada and the US are trying to pass into law.

One of the tenets of The Great Reset is "You will own nothing and you will be happy"
It's not bizarre. They are on the same team. They want to control the narrative.

Old 02-07-2022, 06:01 PM

25,713 posts, read 18,788,778 times
Interesting video (I finally had time to get through all of it). Because I've heard Beck off and on for many years, I'm pretty well-versed on the "great reset" topic he discusses. I tend to agree with pretty much all he says about it.

But my ears perked up in the video when he briefly talked about cell phone technology. I've been anti-phone pretty much since the beginning of the cell phone age. Yes, I do have one, but it's basically a cheaper version of a landline for me--it stays home and I RARELY carry it anywhere. The reasons, other than I find phones always "summoning me" obnoxious, are exactly those he points out. Big tech has invented a "toy" that everyone loves because it can do everything besides slice bread and everyone just has to have... but nobody seems to care or even knows of the "man behind the curtain" in that smartphone. I look forward to the day I can smash my phone and not even have a phone at all--at this point, really the only reason I have it is for work; I rarely even pick the thing up but for a couple text messages over the course of a typical week. I equate a smartphone to Pandora's Box.

Old 02-07-2022, 06:02 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,161,650 times
Somebody is deathly afraid that once a person looks high enough on the pyramid, it will be revealed that only a small number of families call ALL the shots. Naturally these families want to protect themselves! Anybody getting the "a scent of the truth" will quickly be dealt with. I'm sure somebody sent YouTube a memo saying "hey this is getting a little too close for comfort, start censoring now."

Old 02-07-2022, 06:03 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,161,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
It's not bizarre. They are on the same team. They want to control the narrative.

They want to control the narrative? No. They DO control the narrative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies