Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2022, 09:58 AM

6,011 posts, read 2,832,710 times

Advertisements

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2022/...ng-procedures/

Wow!

There has to be something mentally wrong with you to think it's okay for a child to decide to undergo life-altering surgery.

From the article: "The tech giant is engaged in an intense lobbying effort against bills aimed at protecting kids from what progressives call “gender-affirming” medical treatment — meaning medical procedures such as so-called sex-change procedures that may leave them permanently infertile, before they’ve reached the legal age of consent.

Apple is even emailing executives at other Fortune 500 companies urging them to join in the campaign against legal protections for children.

Even corporate media outlet Politico has called the intensity of Apple’s efforts “unusual.

From the Politico article, mentioned in the Breitbart article: "But behind the scenes, it is one of the most active corporate advocates for LGBTQ rights, according to four organizers on the ground in states where legislation is moving. The company has tried to leverage its greatest assets — the popularity of its products and the size of its employee base in the U.S. — to crush the legislation.

Apple spokesperson Peter Ajemian confirmed in a statement that the company “regularly lobbies against anti-LGBTQ+ legislation across the states, just as we did in Florida.”

Apple recently became the only business that has reported lobbying against legislation in Iowa that would ban transgender girls from participating in girls’ K-12 or collegiate sports.

Apple doesn’t work much with state advocacy groups, however. The pro-LGBTQ group Equality Florida said in an email that its staff hadn’t noticed any of Apple’s lobbying against the new state law that restricts teachers from talking about gender and sexuality in the classroom, which critics have dubbed the “Don’t Say Gay” law. Supporters of the new law say it would ensure that the state’s youngest students learn about sexual orientation and gender identity from their parents and not at school, but opponents say it will create a hostile environment for gay and transgender children or children from LGBTQ families
."

Here's another example of the media's lies... Once again, the word 'gay' DOES NOT appear ANYWHERE in the Florida 'Parental Rights' Bill.

It seems that Apple is no better than Disney... My iPhone is five years old and I have no intention of purchasing another one. Your loss, Apple...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2022, 10:14 AM

43,059 posts, read 18,223,725 times
Media is already an arm of the FedGov
Now corporates are getting involved.

There is some agenda here when government, media and corporate are all pushing LGBTQ as well as medical procedures on minors as young as 5 years old.

Add to that the latest push that punishment for sex predators is too harsh.

Old 04-05-2022, 10:16 AM

4,542 posts, read 2,265,157 times
Another company supporting the grooming of children. These people are sick.

Old 04-05-2022, 10:59 AM

6,782 posts, read 9,332,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
It seems that Apple is no better than Disney... My iPhone is five years old and I have no intention of purchasing another one. Your loss, Apple...
Agree with you, although unfortunately a lot of these tech companies are woke. So if you buy an Android device, you’re using services provided by Google, unless you buy something like the Freedom Phone, which IMO is a scam at least in terms of cost for what you get. It’s a lose-lose, unfortunately!

Old 04-05-2022, 11:03 AM

29,444 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Why has this become such a huge issue lately ? Why are people and corporations making this the hill to make their stand on ? It really is disturbing.

Old 04-05-2022, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Why has this become such a huge issue lately ? Why are people and corporations making this the hill to make their stand on ? It really is disturbing.
I work in “big tech” and I think it’s largely employee-driven. Employees who are ultra-woke (especially those in the Bay Area) make a lot of threats and demands for companies to take positions on social issues and the companies proceed to do so, so that they don’t get a reputation as being racist, sexist, or whatever. These social justice warrior types basically cause a scene and basically browbeat everyone into “agreeing” with them or at the very least, getting everyone else keep quiet for fear of losing their job.

Old 04-05-2022, 11:16 AM

29,444 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
I work in “big tech” and I think it’s largely employee-driven. Employees who are ultra-woke (especially those in the Bay Area) make a lot of threats and demands for companies to take positions on social issues and the companies proceed to do so, so that they don’t get a reputation as being racist, sexist, or whatever. These social justice warrior types basically cause a scene and basically browbeat everyone into “agreeing” with them or at the very least, getting everyone else keep quiet for fear of losing their job.
Great point, and I think you are right. I work for a Fortune 100 Engineering and transportation company and we can't start a meeting without a "safety" message first, followed by an "inclusivity" message. I definitely agree, these corporations are in fear of the repercussions they would receive if they didn't tow the line.

Old 04-05-2022, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Great point, and I think you are right. I work for a Fortune 100 Engineering and transportation company and we can't start a meeting without a "safety" message first, followed by an "inclusivity" message. I definitely agree, these corporations are in fear of the repercussions they would receive if they didn't tow the line.
Yup! And I think the amusing thing about all of this (even though it’s sad that we’re even at this point) is that most of this stuff, like DE&I, land acknowledgments, etc really make no difference whatsoever - like, I don’t think it really changes any kind of attitudes in the workplace, but those of us who want to keep our jobs just sit there and let it go in one ear and out the other.

I do feel like a hypocrite at times, but like anyone else, I need a job, and I like my field and the products we work on.

Old 04-05-2022, 11:23 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2022/...ng-procedures/

Wow!

There has to be something mentally wrong with you to think it's okay for a child to decide to undergo life-altering surgery.

From the article: "The tech giant is engaged in an intense lobbying effort against bills aimed at protecting kids from what progressives call “gender-affirming” medical treatment — meaning medical procedures such as so-called sex-change procedures that may leave them permanently infertile, before they’ve reached the legal age of consent.

Apple is even emailing executives at other Fortune 500 companies urging them to join in the campaign against legal protections for children.

Even corporate media outlet Politico has called the intensity of Apple’s efforts “unusual.

From the Politico article, mentioned in the Breitbart article: "But behind the scenes, it is one of the most active corporate advocates for LGBTQ rights, according to four organizers on the ground in states where legislation is moving. The company has tried to leverage its greatest assets — the popularity of its products and the size of its employee base in the U.S. — to crush the legislation.

Apple spokesperson Peter Ajemian confirmed in a statement that the company “regularly lobbies against anti-LGBTQ+ legislation across the states, just as we did in Florida.”

Apple recently became the only business that has reported lobbying against legislation in Iowa that would ban transgender girls from participating in girls’ K-12 or collegiate sports.

Apple doesn’t work much with state advocacy groups, however. The pro-LGBTQ group Equality Florida said in an email that its staff hadn’t noticed any of Apple’s lobbying against the new state law that restricts teachers from talking about gender and sexuality in the classroom, which critics have dubbed the “Don’t Say Gay” law. Supporters of the new law say it would ensure that the state’s youngest students learn about sexual orientation and gender identity from their parents and not at school, but opponents say it will create a hostile environment for gay and transgender children or children from LGBTQ families
."

Here's another example of the media's lies... Once again, the word 'gay' DOES NOT appear ANYWHERE in the Florida 'Parental Rights' Bill.

'gender-affirming' - that's 1984-speak.

never gave apple a penny and don't plan to now.

Old 04-05-2022, 11:23 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,276,554 times
Another corporation added to my do not buy list. No problemo. Thanks for letting me know. These people have some sort of psychological problem or miswiring in their brain that they think a 10 year old is capable of deciding what gender they want to be. There's simply no science to support this position at all. At this rate there will be very little left I can buy which is fine, I'd rather live minimalist and stack precious metals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies