Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 07:29 AM

55 posts, read 198,171 times

Advertisements

I would like to consider myself an Independent, because I loathe the idea of having to choose certain sides on issues just to be considered a democrat or republican.

If i had to choose a party I would go with Libertarian because my beliefs and stances on issues are most aligned with that party

I plan to vote for either Ron Paul or Bob Barr this year
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 12:29 PM

355 posts, read 1,146,030 times
Independent with pretty strong libertarian leanings.

I have strong feelings about government being faithful to the Constitution and it's intent.

I am appalled at the amount of people and favors bought and sold within the two major parties. I don't believe any one outfit has all the answers, and I do believe that members of either would gladly saw themselves and their constituents off a limb if it would gain personal and political traction. Since this has been going on since time immemorial, I don't anticipate much change, but I feel better about write-in votes.

Agree with the fact that perfectly good people can acquire office and be somehow corrupted in short order. As an independent, I can try to vote based on my impressions of how the candidate will do rather than what party they belong to. I can hope that someone who operates a little outside the accepted system will do better when in the halls of power. I can also hope that she/he will recognize b.s. when it's evident, and use the best ideas from all sources to make good policy.

Old 05-24-2008, 01:12 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,774,439 times
When I took a poll I was called centrist, but it's not on the general election ballot yet.
Wikkipedia is still weeding through disputed facts but basic outlines are mentioned. call it a rough sketch party. Centrist Party (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I'm wondering to myself if republicrats and democans got together there, if the real breakdown in america wouldn't be more like
20%rep 20%dem 10%lib 10%ind 40% centrist
sure would beat these near stalemate close contests and extreme factions running roughshod over everyone. It also might create a tyranny of majority as well.

The way we've been going lately it might also wind up...
25% rep 25%dem 25% cent 12.5%lib 12.5% ind lol

Food for thought...

Old 05-24-2008, 05:19 AM

358 posts, read 518,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
Is it because your parents were democrat or republican? why do you believe what you believe? all political parties do is divide us! thats why when i register i will be an independent! Seriously this nation is more like the DSA the divided states of america

I 1st voted for the republicans because I was in the military. then I found out that the republican party was no better than the facist liberal party except for name, not I vote with the party that vote most for the Constitution. therefore I vote for either the Constitution party or the Libertarian party.

the other 2 parties can both go to hell in a handbasket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies