Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2022, 10:13 AM

31,025 posts, read 22,059,932 times

Advertisements

The Left's Religion of Peace strikes again

Noor Khan Baloch
"As an atheist I fear that if I post something on Islam, someone will lodge a police complaint, or I’ll become the target of a mob,” Noor said to the Daily Dot. “I’ve stopped expressing my own views online because even condemnation of killings over blasphemy, or criticizing the law, can be fatal.”

"Pakistan is one of 32 Muslim-majority countries with harsh penalties for blasphemy, apostasy, or atheism, and one of 12 that punishes these "crimes" with death."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...ae7b704af85921
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2022, 10:19 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,929,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post

Noor Khan Baloch
"As an atheist I fear that if I post something on Islam, someone will lodge a police complaint, or I’ll become the target of a mob,” Noor said to the Daily Dot. “I’ve stopped expressing my own views online because even condemnation of killings over blasphemy, or criticizing the law, can be fatal.”

"Pakistan is one of 32 Muslim-majority countries with harsh penalties for blasphemy, apostasy, or atheism, and one of 12 that punishes these "crimes" with death."

Straw Man alert!

Your thread is based on a false premise. Liberals don't favor Islam. We don't call it the religion of peace. Liberals favor freedom of, and from, religion. We don't support persecution of Muslims in the US, or of Christians or atheists in Islamic states.

Actually, social conservatives in the US should really like Islam. Countries like Iran and Saudi Arabia are the most conservative governments in the world.

Old 05-20-2022, 10:59 AM

10,461 posts, read 6,974,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post

Noor Khan Baloch

The entire ideology of liberalism is destroy America and capitalism and endear onto on some path of a globalist nirvana state, where they are the rulers.

That's why liberals attack Christianity and support atheism, Islam or anything that not Christian. Actually Christianity as a whole needs to be destroyed in order to implement their state. The leftists do this on all fronts of anything that would be considered traditional American.

Old 05-20-2022, 11:12 AM

35,688 posts, read 21,042,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
The entire ideology of liberalism is destroy America and capitalism and endear onto on some path of a globalist nirvana state, where they are the rulers.

That's why liberals attack Christianity and support atheism, Islam or anything that not Christian. Actually Christianity as a whole needs to be destroyed in order to implement their state. The leftists do this on all fronts of anything that would be considered traditional American.
Wow- Says a left Jesus follower. What the problem here is, the separation of church and state. The right feels only Christians and white at that, should have freedom to do everything and everyone else is under scrutiny.
You cannot push your agenda on others. God gave us all a free will, you guys want to take that away, not in our country you won’t.
The right wing have become control freaks with the power they have achieved by putting certain people in high places. If you succeed - you won’t make this country better. It will be another North Korea or China.

Old 05-20-2022, 11:19 AM

10,461 posts, read 6,974,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Wow- Says a left Jesus follower. What the problem here is, the separation of church and state. The right feels only Christians and white at that, should have freedom to do everything and everyone else is under scrutiny.
You cannot push your agenda on others. God gave us all a free will, you guys want to take that away, not in our country you won’t.
The right wing have become control freaks with the power they have achieved by putting certain people in high places. If you succeed - you won’t make this country better. It will be another North Korea or China.
Just proved my point. Also China and North Korea have removed religion.

Since you're a Bible follower should be aware of 2 Timothy warning about the end days, which much sounds like liberalism and modern society today.

People will turn away from God in the last days
1 Let me tell you this. During the last days of this world, there will be times of great trouble. 2 People will love only themselves, and they will want lots of money for themselves. They will be proud and they will say how great they are. They will insult other people. They will not obey their parents. They will not thank anyone that helps them. They will not respect anything that is good. 3 They will not be kind to other people, but they will like to quarrel. They will tell lies to hurt other people. They will be unable to rule themselves properly. They will be cruel, like wild animals. They will hate anything that is good. 4 People will turn against their friends. They will do silly things and not think carefully about it. They will be sure that they are very important. They will not love God, but instead they will only want to enjoy themselves. 5 Those people will seem to be serving God. But really they refuse to accept God's power to help them. You must stay away from people like that.

Old 05-20-2022, 11:21 AM

18,725 posts, read 7,602,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Straw Man alert!

Your thread is based on a false premise. Liberals don't favor Islam.
Sure they do.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Old 05-20-2022, 11:24 AM

17,303 posts, read 12,239,198 times
Quote:
Straw Man alert!

Your thread is based on a false premise. Liberals don't favor Islam. We don't call it the religion of peace. Liberals favor freedom of, and from, religion. We don't support persecution of Muslims in the US, or of Christians or atheists in Islamic states.

Actually, social conservatives in the US should really like Islam. Countries like Iran and Saudi Arabia are the most conservative governments in the world.
Yeah I don't know where this premise comes from. Other than that some liberals call out Christian hypocrisy when criticizing Islam? That is not endorsement.

Old 05-20-2022, 11:27 AM

1,641 posts, read 1,644,609 times
Quote:
Straw Man alert!

You confuse "conservativism" with Theocracy in Saudi Arabia and Iran. I am plus conservative and I can't condone the Theocratic states under the Islam because that's not the real freedom and liberties of the individual under the Constitution of United States. They say we all in the Western civilization are the infidels who must convert or die.

Old 05-20-2022, 11:47 AM

18,491 posts, read 9,155,884 times
Quote:

Lol.

Doesn’t Christianity promise the same thing? A New Heaven and a New Earth with the Christian God and his Chosen Few in charge of everything?

Old 05-20-2022, 12:09 PM

35,688 posts, read 21,042,380 times
Quote:
Just proved my point. Also China and North Korea have removed religion.

Since you're a Bible follower should be aware of 2 Timothy warning about the end days, which much sounds like liberalism and modern society today.

People will turn away from God in the last days
1 Let me tell you this. During the last days of this world, there will be times of great trouble. 2 People will love only themselves, and they will want lots of money for themselves. They will be proud and they will say how great they are. They will insult other people. They will not obey their parents. They will not thank anyone that helps them. They will not respect anything that is good. 3 They will not be kind to other people, but they will like to quarrel. They will tell lies to hurt other people. They will be unable to rule themselves properly. They will be cruel, like wild animals. They will hate anything that is good. 4 People will turn against their friends. They will do silly things and not think carefully about it. They will be sure that they are very important. They will not love God, but instead they will only want to enjoy themselves. 5 Those people will seem to be serving God. But really they refuse to accept God's power to help them. You must stay away from people like that.
You quoted what I already know.
What is our mission as Christians?
What is the government’s stand on religion?
Who can stop end of days ? God’s plan? What are we called to do ???
The church - not all- have taken a me myself and I stance. There’s no love or compassion- our first LAW, love, the rest is meaningless with out it. We can’t win one soul beating up on people (not physically) and hating them. The American church better check itself. I stopped going when you heard more about trump than Jesus. When only certain sins are pointed out without checking themselves out for the ugliness they carry in their own hearts. Beams ? more like a whole forest in their eye. Self righteousness n pride.
The world is the world. It will always do what it does, the enemy rules over these planes. Our only deliverance was Jesus, and our only hope is to break it with prayer, love and walking upright. That’s NOT what’s happening. The Pharisees are back ! Check yourselves not with me, but with the word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies