Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2022, 01:29 PM

41,958 posts, read 75,192,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
6 months ago I went into a grocery store in South Carolina and the meat section did not have one piece of meat and there was a few canned goods on the shelves . I would say it was 80% empty.

Yesterday I went to the grocery store in Pennsylvania and saw plenty of meat and poultry, and no bare shelves - or, 0% empty.

Perhaps you need to a) take a more recent look; and/or 2) find a new grocery store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
Not really. He told us that there will be food shortages in kind of a nonchalant way. It's part of the plan.
What plan is that, exactly? Please provide credible evidence of such a plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
There should be a flow chart for anything Biden says.
There should be a flow chart for right wing nut job conspiracy theories such as this "plan" referenced above. I can't keep them all straight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
Good thing I just bought a few cases of SPAM.
Good choice!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdps...=IsaacNicholas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2022, 01:49 PM

1,200 posts, read 620,222 times
Food shortages have been here for a while at least where I live. Once the Keystone Pipeline was shut down there is less fertilizer for farmers to grow whatever.

Then add in the high price and shortages of diesel fuel for truckers who transport goods to stores. I have a good friend who is a trucker and he said eventually if he can't make money (by filling up his tanks) then he's going to retire early. There is no point of him driving thousands of miles if he's not going to make any money.

If other truckers do what my friend is planning on doing then the stores won't get stocked up.

Also, China has been buying a lot of land in the U.S. I wonder if that means that China is going to own us? Sounds stupid right?

I don't know about you but I'm scared. My eyes are wide open and I do not like what I am seeing.

P.S.: I am growing veggies and as soon Biden was elected I bought an extra freezer and filled it up with meat, chicken, etc.

Question? Do diesel trucks transport gasoline to the stations? I have not googled that. If they do then we are really in trouble.

Old 05-23-2022, 01:54 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Many countries in the world are already experiencing food shortages. With climate change I would expect it to become even more widespread.

Old 05-23-2022, 01:56 PM

1,200 posts, read 620,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Many countries in the world are already experiencing food shortages. With climate change I would expect it to become even more widespread.
Climate change has nothing to do with what's going on IMO.

Old 05-23-2022, 01:57 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Explain this one to me please. If our climate is getting warmer, won't the areas that only farm during the summer months have more time for crops ? Since winter/cold weather will be less ?

Old 05-23-2022, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio60 View Post
Climate change has nothing to do with what's going on IMO.
You're entitled to your opinion. However, there are sources that say otherwise.
https://www.usda.gov/oce/energy-and-.../food-security
https://www.foodsystemprimer.org/foo...limate-change/
https://19january2017snapshot.epa.go...d-supply_.html
https://yaleclimateconnections.org/2...od-production/
https://www.concernusa.org/story/cli...ge-and-hunger/
https://insideclimatenews.org/news/2...uction-famine/

Old 05-23-2022, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Explain this one to me please. If our climate is getting warmer, won't the areas that only farm during the summer months have more time for crops ? Since winter/cold weather will be less ?
Please read Post #26. I've posted several sources discussing the effects of climate change on food production. They explain it better than I ever could.

Old 05-23-2022, 03:30 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
when Biden has gas at $15 a gallon and you can't afford to go to the store and look for edible weeds in your yard, it is all climate change to you. i know a brainwashed climate change junkie when it is all climate change. This hoax is to control your mind and it is working on you.

Old 05-23-2022, 04:03 PM

4,389 posts, read 1,699,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The world is looking at a breakdown of our food supplies. Are we going to get hit hard with food shortages and much higher prices because of it? Reasons why we can have food shortages. War, Global dependence on food . Supply chain issues.

China is ready. We are not.

https://freedomfirstnetwork.com/2022...ges-in-america
This is the same thing that killed off the dinosaurs!

Old 05-23-2022, 04:05 PM

4,389 posts, read 1,699,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio60 View Post
Food shortages have been here for a while at least where I live. Once the Keystone Pipeline was shut down there is less fertilizer for farmers to grow whatever.

Then add in the high price and shortages of diesel fuel for truckers who transport goods to stores. I have a good friend who is a trucker and he said eventually if he can't make money (by filling up his tanks) then he's going to retire early. There is no point of him driving thousands of miles if he's not going to make any money.

If other truckers do what my friend is planning on doing then the stores won't get stocked up.

Also, China has been buying a lot of land in the U.S. I wonder if that means that China is going to own us? Sounds stupid right?

I don't know about you but I'm scared. My eyes are wide open and I do not like what I am seeing.

P.S.: I am growing veggies and as soon Biden was elected I bought an extra freezer and filled it up with meat, chicken, etc.

Question? Do diesel trucks transport gasoline to the stations? I have not googled that. If they do then we are really in trouble.
How can this be true if the section of the Keystone Pipeline that was shut down... was never even in operation to begin with? I am not doubting that there is less fertilizer, but i AM doubting this cause-and-effect you are stating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies