Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2022, 05:55 PM

78,279 posts, read 60,492,074 times

Advertisements

OMG....mocking another player for comparing themselves to Jackie Robinson is now racist?

#smack

Welcome to woke proper think 2022.

P.S. From now on everyone here has to refer to me as Master Malcom x Ruth Ginsberg Chavez Zhang the Hun....or you're racist.

I only have one pronoun, "Master Malcom x Ruth Ginsberg Chavez Zhang the Hun Let me buy your lunch"

Again, say it or be racist...and I'd like a nice club sandwich with side salad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2022, 05:58 PM

13,438 posts, read 4,277,791 times
That's an insult to Jackie. I guess calling someone M.J. on the court is a national racial crisis and reason to suspend and fine. I guess of all the words they say to each other at the heat of a game from weak, you suck, You are my b, the F bombs and the rest of what these athletes say to each other calling someone Jackie deserves a suspension and fine.

This country is going down the drain quick!

Old 05-23-2022, 06:27 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,645,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
For calling a black player "Jackie". So is that now another racial epithet that no one can use?

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...e=featurephone
WTF?

He called him "Jackie" (reference to Jackie Robinson) which I would take as a compliment.

Why would someone be offended by being compared to Jackie Robinson?

I'm white and would certainly take it as a compliment if I was a baseball player.

Old 05-23-2022, 06:33 PM

13,438 posts, read 4,277,791 times
Even if it was sarcastic , how calling somebody a baseball legend's name an insult. It's like calling somebody in the court in a sarcastic way, Larry Bird or Magic, or M.J. These are the multi-millionaire whiners in the MLB that the league has to jump in and make it into a race crisis? The Commissioner made it worse. This should have been handle right there by the clubs and move on. MLB is the problem.

Old 05-23-2022, 06:42 PM

78,279 posts, read 60,492,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Even if it was sarcastic , how calling somebody a baseball legend's name an insult. It's like calling somebody in the court in a sarcastic way, Larry Bird or Magic, or M.J. These are the multi-millionaire whiners in the MLB that the league has to jump in and make it into a race crisis? The Commissioner made it worse. This should have been handle right there by the clubs and move on. MLB is the problem.
Yeah, I stopped watching MLB back during the strike over 20 years ago.

I'm done the rest of the way now.

This is absolutely *woketarded*.

With all the trash talk that goes on in the MLB, NBA, NFL etc? They're going to make this *racist*?

No, they're just slapping a 1 game undeserved suspension on someone to hope it goes away.

But what message does that send?

Old 05-23-2022, 07:12 PM

2,385 posts, read 2,337,469 times
This is a joke, right?

Good grief. Not the biggest fan of the guy(his hitting approach changed the game but not in a good way) but damn. I'm black and I'm not offended. No wonder MLB is struggling.

Old 05-23-2022, 07:40 PM

9,100 posts, read 6,137,846 times
I'm glad I'm old and won't have to see how far this insanity goes before everyone has slid down the rabbit hole.

So sad for those still young - but then again, maybe they agree with this nonsense and the world has lost its sense.

Old 05-23-2022, 08:31 PM

315 posts, read 116,162 times
Wow, so so stupid.

So if Tim Anderson had (equally foolishly) decided to compare himself to Babe Ruth, and Josh Donaldson had jokingly said "Hey Babe!" it would have been okay?

Completely ignoring any actual context and feigning offense for the sake of virtue signal points is the #1 reason why no one takes the woke movement seriously.

Old 05-23-2022, 08:53 PM

8,330 posts, read 2,956,333 times
Montrezl Harrell of the L.A. Clippers called Luka Doncic a “Bi**h A** White Boy” during an NBA playoff game last season and the NBA did nothing.

https://itsgame7.com/montrezl-harrel...e-be-punished/

Old 05-23-2022, 08:57 PM

866 posts, read 319,420 times
TA is well known as a pain in the ass and Donaldson is also known as being a dick.

I'm sure the logic goes like this: white guy laughs at black guys self comparison to a legendary black player = put down of black guy, hence racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies