Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2022, 08:58 AM

1,904 posts, read 1,043,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
US Politicians from JFK to LBJ to Bush and through to the current Biden administration have always been happy to waste the lives of young Americans in pointless wars such as Vietnam, and more recently Iraq and Afghanistan, so why the sudden concern over gun deaths.

They clearly aren't that concerned about lives, so why pretend, whilst at the same time threatening China over Taiwan, an island other side of the world, which has nothing to do with the US. A war with China, a nuclear power with a population oover 1.4 Billion , may yet make Vietnam look like a small skirmish.

It was fine for the US Government to give guns to 19 year olds.
Indeed you are Correct Sir....!

What you are witnessing is a bunch of Grandstanding (and poor acting) by Non-empathetic Con-artists who's only goal is to 'STAY IN POWER' (they like riding in Air-Force 1).

Chicago averages between 20-40 deaths every-weekend from Gang Shoot-outs and Random Criminals.

Who are we kidding...??

Old 05-27-2022, 09:02 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
I was traveling and did not get to answer the comments to my post below. It received several reps, so I figured it got responses as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Children are more likely to die from guns than from auto accidents

Children are more likely to die from an abortion than guns and auto accidents combined.
I surfed through the thread and collected the responses below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Many here care more about the unborn than the born. Think that should maybe change?
Actually, I care about life in both cases. It's not any less of a life because the life is in a womb. If it has it's own heartbeat and blood flow and human spirit, it's a life that should be protected.

The people who have less of a regard for life, have no problem killing that life while in the womb and selling the parts for profit. Those same people have no problem using the dead children for the school shooting as leverage to advance their political agenda that will actually make life less safe in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then, DRob4JC, how do you propose forcing a pregnant woman to give birth who doesn't want to? Would doing the same procedure work to force someone from going on a mass shooting?
Is too much to ask human beings to act responsibly before performing acts that produce children? Or to have respect for life enough to follow through after the child has been produced?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Darn that is a harsh reality but it is True.

Mass shootings in schools were kids are slaughtered is horrific but what about the dozens of kids that are shot in Chicago every weekend?

Why don't the Democrats care about those kids?

Is there really any difference between some deranged loser shooting up a classroom and some loser gang banger spraying bullets in the street on Saturday night and some kids catch the stray bullets?

Dead is Dead.

Our Elected can do something NOW about the Illegally owned guns that the thugs have no fear of using in so many of our inner cities but amending the Constitution and restricting the Rights of the Law Abiding citizen is an exercise in spinning wheels.
Agreed. There is no political leverage that can be gained from inner city murders, so it remains in the shadows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
stop it....that doesn't align with the spin they are trying to put on it

...all this is saying is cars are very safe for children

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
Hey? I'd like to see this broken down by race.

Yes indeed. But remember, dying by dismemberment is so much better than a quick round to the head or heart.
... and profitable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
Bologna.
It's not even close in real numbers. Ridiculous that you would even doubt that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Then enable free and easy contraception. It works.

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/...ng-republicans
Why does everything have to be "free" from the government? Can't people be responsible enough to provide for their own contraception... or abortion... or children that they create?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Correct. Abortion kills 900,000 per year (source: Guttmacher, PlannedParenthood's research subsidiary).

Guns: 3,000
Auto Accidents: 1,000
Thanks for the support. I figured it wasn't even close.

Old 05-27-2022, 09:04 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,703,406 times
Quote:
https://www.npr.org/2022/04/22/10943...th-in-children

I can't even begin to imagine that this now is the reality in the USA. There is not another country in the world where this is the case.

We do all we can to make sure cars are safe, that children are safe in those cars, and that the people who use those cars are trained, licensed and insured.

Imagine such a concept!
In 2020, when the majority of people weren't driving because there was no place to drive to, vehicle deaths were down? Who would have thought that would happen?

Old 05-27-2022, 09:09 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Looks like a life to me...

The mother had to undergo an operation so they had to take the baby out while in the sac, then sew him back in after. Such a beautiful creation of God! The karate kicks are also very cute!

https://twitter.com/swinman1961/stat...33750711054336

Old 05-29-2022, 09:31 AM

57,221 posts, read 26,166,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I did not know that. I have followed the story lightly. I don't want to hear all the editorial comments being passed off on the news about what happened. That angers me. They certainly do not let a tragedy go to waste.

So if the door was locked the shooter would have been apprehended by the police and this would have been prevented. There you go. Secure the schools and when they are secured make sure locked doors are locked.
Imagine that, a school with a door left open.

Old 05-29-2022, 11:36 AM

19,717 posts, read 10,107,310 times
Quote:
You are the first to not know about it. Perhaps you know little about gun laws in general.
There is NO gun show loophole.

Old 05-29-2022, 11:40 AM

19,717 posts, read 10,107,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There most certainly is, many states do not require background checks for private sales.
Something that is impossible to enforce and has nothing to do with gun shows.

Old 05-29-2022, 06:31 PM

50,239 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
What a bunch of silly answers that try to evade the problem. We are the laughing stock of the world. We let crazy people get guns and kill countless people over nothing.

It's not too funny though, killing innocent children. Once again people make senseless comments and people all over the world think America is crazy.

It's pathetic when adults won't even consider some gun restrictions so that children can be safe.
How many more thousands of laws do you think we need?

In San Diego we hardened the schools. Now the kids are safe but parents are whining they "look like prisons".

Funny how other Countries don't think we are crazy when we have to come bail their butts out of conflicts now huh?

Old 05-29-2022, 06:33 PM

50,239 posts, read 46,997,454 times
If she is in three gun or other sports that's really nothing. To the paranoid and ignorant that looks like an "arsenal".

Pro tip. You can only shoot one rifle at a time, two handguns and you ain't hitting much.

I bet that's for the whole house, kids and all. Sheesh, people that don't know guns don't realize anyone that hunts has a min of 8-10 just to be legal to hunt what they want.

Old 05-29-2022, 06:38 PM

18,425 posts, read 8,256,472 times
I'll bet if you took Chicago out of the equation.....it would go back to car deaths
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies