Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2022, 07:36 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
"Mental illness should be treated, not encouraged".

There are not enough healthcare professionals to treat every Liberal
This is why I don't believe many conservatives really care about true, actual mental illness. They can't keep from calling their political adversaries "mentally ill." Disagreeing with you is not a sign of mental illness.

Old 05-26-2022, 07:44 PM

15,840 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
We don't have enough mental health resources available to society, and the ones we do are behind paywalls and you need insurance or you will be paying hundreds/thousands of dollars out of pocket. Government wants to not blow money laundering it to their swamp buddies? How about more psychologists and therapists available for low income individuals? That won't help as long as big pharma drugs are their first choice to solve the problem though. Therein lies the problem.

Here, take this SSRI or anti-depressant... no, don't.

Why are republicans overall more happy? Do democrats just attract society's misfits? I suppose they do. I think a lot of it has to do with the democrats "live in the moment" while worrying about the consequences later philosophy. It really isn't a democrat thing though... lots of reddies out here grew up in dysfunctional families, mostly due to alcohol abuse. Bottom line, your feelings can betray you.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/102943/...an-others.aspx
That poll was self reported. It didn't actually test anyone's mental health. It's normal to overestimate oneself. That poll could actually show that Democrats do that less.

Old 05-26-2022, 07:49 PM

1,213 posts, read 567,205 times
In the good old days we did what was right for the majority of citizens. We institutionalized the looney toons. Now we waste billions of dollars trying to keep them on the streets and integrated into society so “they” can live a “normal” life. No thanks. Lock them up. There should be an asylum in every town with electric fences and barb wire.

Old 05-26-2022, 09:15 PM

41,940 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i never mentioned politics.
You didn't have to. It was quite apparent that politics were the basis for your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
No one is encouraging mental illness. Just stop.
Seriously. And we wonder why there's such a stigma against mental health treatment and mental illness? Why people hesitate to seek treatment? Just look at the reactions to mental illness in this thread.

Talk about deplorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
A political ideology and party encourage transgenderism, a mental illness. A man having his 'ding-dong' removed does not make him a woman. It makes him a man without a 'ding-dong'.
How mature of you. NOT.

This is an illustration of why there is such stigma against mental health treatment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
This is why I don't believe many conservatives really care about true, actual mental illness. They can't keep from calling their political adversaries "mentally ill." Disagreeing with you is not a sign of mental illness.
Yep ... *sigh*

Old 05-29-2022, 11:33 AM

25,689 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Quote:

It was a joke...lighten up a bit, and you'll live longer

I've had family members who suffer from mental illness, and I've spoken to their Doctors. I do really care about it, and I think gov't should reduce all spending by 2% across the board, then take some of the money to increase housing for the mentally ill.

They should take some to safeguard our schools better too.

So much money is being wasted, & not spent on more important needs, it makes me

Sending $50B to Ukraine makes me especially after I see the Texas school tragedy.

Old 05-29-2022, 12:26 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Who is encouraging mental illness?

Parents who won't seek mental health treatment for their children who refuse to accept the gender they were born with. This childhood problem upsets conservatives quite severely.

Old 05-29-2022, 12:30 PM

12,057 posts, read 10,262,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
Some maintenance worker is going to be scapegoated for the door that was left unsecured.
Video shows that it was a teacher that propped open the door.

A school maintenance person would probably have a key to all those doors.

Old 05-29-2022, 12:56 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,248,521 times
Quote:
"Mental illness should be treated, not encouraged".

There are not enough healthcare professionals to treat every Liberal
Every liberal is mentally ill? And they all need extensive medical intervention?
Now that’s not something I ever considered.
Is every conservative mentally healthy?

Old 05-29-2022, 01:05 PM

18,547 posts, read 15,572,959 times
Mental illness isn't encouraged, but also, school shouldn't be prison.

Old 05-29-2022, 02:06 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,976,518 times
Quote:

It was a joke...lighten up a bit, and you'll live longer
What I find to be of concern is the reaction to that joke. I thought it was pretty funny. It's not like you said 'woke'.

Another cause for concern is the reaction to the use of the term 'ding dong'. We cannot just go around using our everyday terminology on this site. Besides, it indicates a degree of constraint and respect by the poster who used it. Anyway, it was rather humorous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies